Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome to Avalon!

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The Avalon section of our Wizard101 Message Boards is intended to help guide you through areas of Avalon . This is a great place to find out information about a quest you're stuck on, the location of a teacher or anything else specific to your adventures in Avalon!

Avalon is the silver city, a medieval fantasy world of knights, goblins, giants, and dragons. Merle Ambrose was born here, and gained a reputation as a fierce Wizard. Merle helped the young warrior-bear Artorius become king of Avalon. However, once King Artorius fell in the final battle slaying his archrival, Malory, Merle decided it was time to leave Avalon – Merle left to found Ravenwood School of Magical Arts and teach magic to any Wizard who wanted to learn it in the Spiral.

Avalon is a large world with 15 expansive areas to explore. Young Wizards who are a minimum of level 65 and have completed the quest "Through Glass, Darkly" need to speak to Merle Ambrose who will send you off on your adventures with a quest named "This Little Light of Mine".

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
The Avalon section of our Wizard101 Message Boards is intended to help guide you through areas of Avalon . This is a great place to find out information about a quest you're stuck on, the location of a teacher or anything else specific to your adventures in Avalon!

Avalon is the silver city, a medieval fantasy world of knights, goblins, giants, and dragons. Merle Ambrose was born here, and gained a reputation as a fierce Wizard. Merle helped the young warrior-bear Artorius become king of Avalon. However, once King Artorius fell in the final battle slaying his archrival, Malory, Merle decided it was time to leave Avalon – Merle left to found Ravenwood School of Magical Arts and teach magic to any Wizard who wanted to learn it in the Spiral.

Avalon is a large world with 15 expansive areas to explore. Young Wizards who are a minimum of level 70 and have completed the quest "Through Glass, Darkly" need to speak to Merle Ambrose who will send you off on your adventures with a quest named "This Little Light of Mine".

unless all of zafaria is part of" through the glass darkly", my wizard isn't getting the quest "this little light of mine" for some reason. have completed all up to the graveyard on some of my wizards and i am not getting the quest from the headmaster.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Thank you for releasing Avalon, so far, I am having an Ice Blast!

lol started on my Ice.

Anyway, yes, you must complete Zafaria to get to Avalon. I don't ever remember being able to skip Tomb of Storms to get to Marleybone, or skip Big Ben to get to Mooshu, or skp Tree of Life to get to Dragonspyre, or skp Malistaire to get to Celestia, or skip Trial of Spheres to get to Zafaria.

So, Please be happy that a new world exsists and do the proper homework to open a whole new world.

Happy Wizarding

Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
This really is a great world to quest in. Seems wizards were "created" to be here!!!!

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
pizarro153 wrote:

Avalon is a large world with 15 expansive areas to explore. Young Wizards who are a minimum of level 70 and have completed the quest "Through Glass, Darkly" need to speak to Merle Ambrose who will send you off on your adventures with a quest named "This Little Light of Mine".

unless all of zafaria is part of" through the glass darkly", my wizard isn't getting the quest "this little light of mine" for some reason. have completed all up to the graveyard on some of my wizards and i am not getting the quest from the headmaster.

then the requirements should say you have to finish mirror lake and not through the door darkly . don't have a problem with it just had met the requirements that they stated level 70 and the last quest through the door darkly which is in cl.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
it is amazing how fast you get to avalon! you don't even have to finish zafaria(i did)it's' a fun world but I WANT DRAGONS!

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Oh my stars! This is the best birthday present ever! Thanks Kingsisle for the wonderful world!

See YOU in Avalon!
~John RavenBlossom

Survivor
Dec 26, 2011
kooka116 wrote:
it is amazing how fast you get to avalon! you don't even ha ve to finish zafaria(i did)it's' a fun world but I WANT DRAGONS!
lol my friend Dustin River he did it on test realm lol :D :D

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
On the bright side, YAY!!!!!!! Avalon is finally in live realm. On the bad side, NO!!!!!!!!!!!, my lvl 80 archmage, my triton pet, my new spells all gone! . Still it's good to have the world now, hope everyone enjoys it as much as i did in test realm , triton .

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011

Yo wassup its Hideous13 here and I just wanna say that KINGSISLE, YOU ROCK!!!!!! I absolutley love your new world Avalon and just cant wait to unlock it!!

Samuel GhostHunter Myth Lvl 64
Matthew LionBreath Storm Lvl 6
Wolf DragonBlood Fire Lvl 1

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
pizarro152 wrote:
pizarro153 wrote:

then the requirements should say you have to finish mirror lake and not through the door darkly . don't have a problem with it just had met the requirements that they stated level 70 and the last quest through the door darkly which is in cl.

It sounds like you are confusing two quests:

In order to get the quest to go to Zafaria, you must be at least level 60 and have completed the “Through This Door…” quest (the quest to do the Trial of the Spheres, final instance in Celestia).

"Through Glass, Darkly" is a quest in Zafaria. Here is a link with info on that quest:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Through_Glass,_Darkly

This is a quest you get in Zafaria from Inyango Whitestripes in Baobab Crossroads. This link shows all of the quests in Zafaria, and the "Through Glass, Darkly" is listed under Inyango.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236048

Hope this helps.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
kooka116
Post May/2/2012 4:44 pm Subject: Re:Welcome to Avalon!
it is amazing how fast you get to avalon! you don't even have to finish zafaria(i did)it's' a fun world but I WANT DRAGONS!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Umm, that is not quite correct.

If you have a subscription, then you must finish Zafaria's main story line (unless you want to purchase the area with crowns).
If you go by way of crowns, then you don't need to finish any world, or its story line. You can purchase that or any area with said crowns.

To advance to another world, for subscription players, you must finish the previous world's main story line.

Yea, yea, that's the ticket.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
Ty, Best world yet! imo this makes a rival for gh/wt as the coolest world :D

Defender
Jul 27, 2009

If you are up to the graveyard you must beat that then beat mirror lake go to the guy in the front he will give you the quest

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
hi K.I and all other wizards reading these message boards! Avalon is probably wizard101's greatest update, and i love the awesome scene where merle and morganthe face off :D ! anyway, if you go into merle's tower and check out the spiral map (don't get mezmorized ), you notice that Avalon is the only world missing. It would be great if K.I would add Avalon to the spiral map.
ANYWAAAAAY, happy wizarding, and reply to this message if you agree or disagree. MARK SHADOWSTAFF LVL 80 ARCHAMGE PYROMANCER
See you in the spiral!

Survivor
May 17, 2012
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
mrtoto7 wrote:
avolon is new?!

This thread was made when avalon first came out, and its still fairly new.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2008
Hi, i'm on the wyrd and i was wondering if i am anywhere close to finishing? My member ship is almost done so i need a quick reply 8)

Thanks,
Megan

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
jam2000 wrote:
Hi, i'm on the wyrd and i was wondering if i am anywhere close to finishing? My member ship is almost done so i need a quick reply 8)

Thanks,
Megan

The places in Avalon are the following:
Caliburn & High Road
Lower and Upper Caer Lyon
The Wild
The Wyrd
Dun Dara
Outer Yard
Lake Shore
Deepwater
Catacombs (Really short)
Crystal Caves
Ghost Avalon
Keep of Ganelon.
So you are about 1/3rd of the way done, good luck!

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
Hi everyone! I'm so excited to see that avalon has finally come out! :-D :-D :-D I hope everyone enjoys it!

Survivor
Mar 06, 2009
avalon hasnt been so good for me i cant continue in it because i cant talk to sir pike del lago in avalon therfore i cant continue i reinstalled it and i still cant continue i been stuck for 5 weeks please help.

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
Why can't you talk to him Maybe you should look into fixing your computer that may be the cause. Other than that, I can't help you without the info on why you cant talk to sir pike.

Find Me in the Game: Miranda ThunderGem (Life)

Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
I am just saying wizard101 should make a new world we there are the same bosses and people to fight but if four people are already fighting you can join the enemy but the bossss are stronger just an idea

Survivor
Oct 10, 2011
its a really good world im gonna fight the pendragon now good work kingsisle[