Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malady attacks!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Just made a comment about this... I know everyone is tired of "NEW WORLD!!!" or "NEW BOSS!!!" ideas... so here's another one!

Malady: beautiful, charming, cunning, vicious... and vile. Just like her brother... except worse. Malistaire wants control over the spiral, or at least did until you put him down. Morganthe... again... control over the spiral. Avalon, a new world... awesome!

Malady is also observant, sees the flaws and failures of Morganthe and Malistaire... what are those? Power... power is lacked in both of these. All young wizards are more powerful than these two, and these wizards give hope. The one thing more powerful than hope... is fear.

Merle Ambrose, captured. Gamma, tattered and defeated. Bartelby missing his eyes. Teachers being replaced. By who? The new headmaster... Malady Drake, who's green eyes suck the soul out of you if you gaze into them too long. How did she claim the position of headmaster? Fear.

Find clues into Malady's past, her attempts for the future, and why she is doing what she's doing. Battle her, and release her grip over Wizard City, rescue Ambrose!

Requirements:
Completed Zafaria questline and "Whooooo's not there?" quest.

Boss stats:
Malady
Rank __ Boss
Spell deck: Can cast up to 8 pip spells from all schools
Health: 25,000
Minions, each at 5,000 health: Krokopatra, Jade Oni, and Shadow Draconian

Recommended for your wizard:
Your most powerful clothes and spells!
Friends!

Rewards:
Your choice of a school pet, or...
The headmaster collection (Robes, hats, shoes): 50%-> Defense/Attack/Pips/Incoming <3/ Outgoing <3 (per item); +1000 total health, + 500 total mana, or...
Headmaster's staff: Mastery pips for all schools, and 1 of each 8 pip spells.

Thoughts please!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
sparkstar1209 wrote:
Just made a comment about this... I know everyone is tired of "NEW WORLD!!!" or "NEW BOSS!!!" ideas... so here's another one!

Malady: beautiful, charming, cunning, vicious... and vile. Just like her brother... except worse. Malistaire wants control over the spiral, or at least did until you put him down. Morganthe... again... control over the spiral. Avalon, a new world... awesome!

Malady is also observant, sees the flaws and failures of Morganthe and Malistaire... what are those? Power... power is lacked in both of these. All young wizards are more powerful than these two, and these wizards give hope. The one thing more powerful than hope... is fear.

Merle Ambrose, captured. Gamma, tattered and defeated. Bartelby missing his eyes. Teachers being replaced. By who? The new headmaster... Malady Drake, who's green eyes suck the soul out of you if you gaze into them too long. How did she claim the position of headmaster? Fear.

Find clues into Malady's past, her attempts for the future, and why she is doing what she's doing. Battle her, and release her grip over Wizard City, rescue Ambrose!

Requirements:

Boss stats:
Malady
Rank __ Boss

Friends!

Rewards:
The headmaster collection (Robes, hats, shoes): 50%-> Defense/Attack/Pips/Incoming <3/ Outgoing <3 (per item); +1000 total health, + 500 total mana, or...

Thoughts please!
While the questline is intriguing, the gear is overpowered, and some questions are unanswered. How did Malady get to her position? How did she summon Krokopatra and Jde Oni, who were vanquished at the hands of the Wizards? Do we get to fight replacement teachers? What if we need to train a new spell, but our teacher left? Would this be an in game event (big question here!)?

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Too many rewards for too little effort, if your really gonna give us that much of rewards make the boss almost impossible to defeat, a real challenge. Also 25,000 health and no cheats? One hit from any smart player and he's dead, and again awesome rewards :D.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
You have to have beaten Zafaria, or Avalon, or whatever the last world is. By then you should have learned all of your spells.

You wouldn't get all of the rewards, you get to pick one of the three: Gear, pets, or wand, not all of them.

I will change the boss health to 100,000. It would be the "last boss", and it would be stupid to have such low health.

She got to power by disguising herself as a student, and dueling the teachers til she defeats them. Same with Ambrose.

It doesn't exactly have to be the minions I said to help her, it could be any one of the some of the toughest bosses you've defeated. I think that'd be an odd yet intriguing idea; you have no idea which minion you'll face, all you know is that you've beaten it before.

You do get to fight the replacement teachers, as goes on in the questline. In fact, defeating every single replacement would be one quest.

Also, there would be pretty sick boss drops from all the people you beat on the quests, such as mounts and pets from the crown shop.

I hope this answers most all questions, if you have anymore, post away!

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
Ok, you said any of the bosses you've already defeated, AND finished the last world (Avalon now). Big problem. Most of those bosses have health of 20,000 or more trying to put them in at 5,000 health? Plus She would have to be bigger than them. Coincidently the last boss you fought in Avalon would be considered a minion under these rules.

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
Intresting and creative, for the person who asked how did she summon the fallen bosses my theroy: her magic inculdes summoning fallen bosses.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I love your descriptions- I bet you'd be a great fan-fic writer. If you have an account on Central, I want to see this as a story. :)

/random writer-ness

I like the sound of this- everything is well-thought-out, unlike a lot of these "new boss" threads. Malady is a legit contender, and I'd love to fight her, so I hope KI gives your idea some serious thought.

Well done!

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
FleurDeMort wrote:
Ok, you said any of the bosses you've already defeated, AND finished the last world (Avalon now). Big problem. Most of those bosses have health of 20,000 or more trying to put them in at 5,000 health? Plus She would have to be bigger than them. Coincidently the last boss you fought in Avalon would be considered a minion under these rules.
Do keep in mind that your wizard would be getting stronger, too. I haven't played the Celestia or Avalon quests, so I don't know how high the rank goes, but I think it may be better if someone else suggests a reasonable health limit. And perhaps the bosses, too. I said things about the teachers being bosses, but would you guys like to see more that them? Like doing a chase around the spiral to beat several bosses and collect clues as to Malady's rise to power?

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
Like the Obsidian Chest Quest, beating the bosses for clues would be very cool.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
vonawesome1 wrote:
I love your descriptions- I bet you'd be a great fan-fic writer. If you have an account on Central, I want to see this as a story. :)

/random writer-ness

I like the sound of this- everything is well-thought-out, unlike a lot of these "new boss" threads. Malady is a legit contender, and I'd love to fight her, so I hope KI gives your idea some serious thought.

Well done!
Thanks! I just registered as RivalOfMalady, and I do creative writing all the time. I plan on making it a story, as I already have begun an outline of it... thanks for all the replies! (even though most of them were mine...)

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
About the teachers gone missing, did anybody else notice a definate change to Cyrus Drake's voice? I noticed it around the Wysteria/Zafaria updates. He called me into class and i was like what the ?!? - That's NOT Cyrus! it looks as if we have a traitor in our midst already.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
sparkstar1209 wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:

/random writer-ness

Well done!
Thanks! I just registered as RivalOfMalady, and I do creative writing all the time. I plan on making it a story, as I already have begun an outline of it... thanks for all the replies! (even though most of them were mine...)

Awesome! You have no idea how happy this just made me.:)

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
FleurDeMort wrote:
About the teachers gone missing, did anybody else notice a definate change to Cyrus Drake's voice? I noticed it around the Wysteria/Zafaria updates. He called me into class and i was like what the ?!? - That's NOT Cyrus! it looks as if we have a traitor in our midst already.
Very nice idea, seems as that would play in... I did laugh a little when you said this, and I will give it thought. And as to vonawesome1, I'm glad I was able to make you smile! The story is very good, and to anyone wanting to follow it in the next couple of weeks go to nexstep.webs.com, as I cannot post chapters or stories on here, and RivalOfMalady is experiencing some tech difficulties... but spread the word, Malady is coming!

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
sparkstar1209 wrote:

Requirements:

Boss stats:
Malady
Rank __ Boss

Friends!

Rewards:

Thoughts please!
1. malistaires sister? that is about as uncreative as you can get 2. can use all rank 8 spells and gives staff that can do the same? WAYYYYYY overpowered. 3. just, makes no real sense.

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
Here's a thought I had while doing Avalon. Morganthe is Sir Malory's sister, and after betraying the king his name was removed from his tomb, like being exiled even after death (kinda harsh).
What if after his death his wife fled Avalon with their son - Malistaire. That would actually make him Morganthe's nephew. Evil doing and that "cruel streak" Sir Malory mentioned seems to run in the family then.
As such, then Malady being Malistaire's sister isn't really all that "uncreative" as someone else suggested.