Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Coincidence , or just something to watch out for..

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 27, 2008
When I was about to face Malistare I noticed something about the name of the quest, The Final Countdown, that is the name of a song! Then I realized there has to be more of these "Quest Coincidence's." I remembered some from a long time ago and here are some of them below:

1. Final Quest to defeat Malistare- The Final Countdown- Name of a song.

2. Quest to find all the oysters in Mooshu- Blue Oyster Cult- Name of a rock band. (Can find name on Guitar Hero 3)

3. Quest to save Private Ryan in Unicorn Way- Saving Private Ryan- Name of a Movie.

4. Fairies Wear Boots - One of the quests in Unicorn Way - Is the title of a song by Black Sabbath.

If You have anymore please add them to this list in the following format:

What is the quest- Name of Quest- How it is a Coincidence.

Thanks so far to:
AnemicSkink

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
A lot of quest names and NPC names are either puns or references to something or other. For example, Sherlock Bones trying to catch Meowiarty is a reference to Sherlock Holmes trying to catch Moriarty, or Nomoonaga is a reference to Nobunaga. Some are probably obscure enough that most players won't catch them.

Explorer
Sep 11, 2008
Yes. There are many quests and NPCs that have names of movies, bands songs and other. One is Dorothy Gale with her friend Mr.Toto just like Todo. You can also see the Tin Man. I can't really find the scarecrow in unicorn way though. i only see it as a field guard.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Moo Shu was a dragons name in Molion or something.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
Fairies Wear Boots - one of the quests in Unicorn Way - is the title of a song by Black Sabbath.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2008
Quizzical wrote:
A lot of quest names and NPC names are either puns or references to something or other. For example, Sherlock Bones trying to catch Meowiarty is a reference to Sherlock Holmes trying to catch Moriarty, or Nomoonaga is a reference to Nobunaga. Some are probably obscure enough that most players won't catch them.

Yes but I right now am looking for quest names but I would like to stick to quests names right now. Keep posting guys and girls.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Orca wrote:

I figured it was a reference to moo shu pork, moo sho beef, or some other such dish. Actually probably pork and not beef, given who the good guys are and who the bad guys are.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
in krokotopia there is a quest called "enter sand man" - that is a song from metallica

Explorer
Nov 04, 2008
in sunken city all the names like Marla Stinger, Paulson, Grubb, ect... are from the film fight club

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
quest to fight 3 lost souls on unicorn way-ghostbusters-name of movie and sequel

Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
dounut789 wrote:
quest to fight 3 lost souls on unicorn way-ghostbusters-name of movie and sequel
i have heard of ghost busters and seen it :)

Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
in mb ( marley bone ) there was like these two quests called when it rains ... the first quest and it pours is another but these ar guesses i can really remember the names. and i am thinking its a saying.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
haha, the one i remember noticing the most, i knew i was going to see it to, was in mooshu you help a dead cow ghost get a haiku book from a skeleton or something and the quest was called the Dead poets society (name of a movie, particularly a good movie with Robin Williams and Ethan Hawke)

Another one i noticed was in krokotopia in the instance with like four banshees, awfully similar to Shakespeares ( if i spelt his name right ) story of Macbeth, with the three witches and the main witch Hecket. They even quoted some lines like the more popular one "Fair is foul, and foul is fair".

Props to kingsisle for these unique easter eggs :D
(easter eggs meaning hidden treasures in the gaming world)

keep up the good work kingsisle, look forward to grizzleheim

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
o: I never noticed that!!! That's SO cool!!! Lol, I don't pay attention to the names of quests... as you can tell... ;D

ElizabethMythGem *lvl 30*
Elizabeth *lvl 10*
TabithaDreamSword *lvl 3*
SamanthaIceCloud* lvl 6*
ALL these lvls are for now..... :P

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
Orca wrote:

Mulan is the name of the movie and quite good as well.

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
Actually, every search quest that Zeke gives you is the name of a band.

WC - The Smiths (Morrissey's old band from early '80s)
Krok - The Beetles (Beatles)
MooShu - Stray Cats (Brian Setzers band from the '80s)
MB - Blue Oyster Cult - classic rock band
DS - Stone Roses (alt rock band from the '80s)

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
bullseyehk wrote:
Orca wrote:

Mulan is the name of the movie and quite good as well.

I love that movie and love the song towards the beginning.I also like darkside of the moon.The quest fairies wear boots has a song that goes,"these boots were made for walkin' and that is just what they will do.'':o

Defender
May 08, 2009
In marleybone, when you help that guard with his letters , they ALL refer to a drama."As the Bone Turns, Young and the Boneless,Guiding Bone" and other things related to the drama shows.

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
in grizzleheim i noticed a quest to get felled lumber called I'm a Lumberjack

Isn't that a monty python sketch?

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
I have noticed that the bosses Krokopatra,Krokencomen,and Krokotep from Krokotopia are the names of former kings and queens who ruled Egypt.Like Krokopatra is really the name of the queen clioupatra,Krokencomen is really the young kingTutencomen,Krokotep Im not sure of but I know it is the name of a king of Egypt whos name ends with otep.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2009
Survivor
May 22, 2009
Quizzical wrote:
i heart sherlock holmes

Survivor
May 22, 2009
ry19 wrote:
dounut789 wrote:
i have heard of ghost busters and seen it :)
i luv ghostbustas : :D :D :D :-) :-o

Survivor
May 22, 2009
phonixking09 wrote:
I have noticed that the bosses Krokopatra,Krokencomen,and Krokotep from Krokotopia are the names of former kings and queens who ruled Egypt.Like Krokopatra is really the name of the queen clioupatra,Krokencomen is really the young kingTutencomen,Krokotep Im not sure of but I know it is the name of a king of Egypt whos name ends with otep.

no (sarcastic) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!