Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Coincidence , or just something to watch out for..

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Hiya wizards!
ok to the post.
I don't think anybody posted this yet but Penny Dreadful is a movie that I watched about a girl who lives in america ( wizard city ) and her parents are both in england ( Marleybone ) she comes to Ravenwood ( Boarding school in movie ).
The fact that Onis are loose in Mooshu ( futile Japan or China can't remember which ) which plagued ancient times with the supersticion of demons haunting the old Jade Empire.
The quest in Krokotopia for the Throne room of fire the serpent staff you have to get shines a red beam of light to where the Order of the fang is ( refrence to Indiana Johnes ( sry for spelling) and the temple of doom movie ).
thx for posting this for finding those hidden puns and stuff, until later wizards Ciao!

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
crusher2488 wrote:
Actually, every search quest that Zeke gives you is the name of a band.

WC - The Smiths (Morrissey's old band from early '80s)
Krok - The Beetles (Beatles)
MooShu - Stray Cats (Brian Setzers band from the '80s)
MB - Blue Oyster Cult - classic rock band
DS - Stone Roses (alt rock band from the '80s)

... and not to forget The Yardbirds, a very successful British band in the 60ies...

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
The Order of the Fang is alot like The Order of the Phoenix(sryy havent written that word in a while. lol) in Harry potter.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2008
baconater wrote:
When I was about to face Malistare I noticed something about the name of the quest, The Final Countdown, that is the name of a song! Then I realized there has to be more of these "Quest Coincidence's." I remembered some from a long time ago and here are some of them below:

1. Final Quest to defeat Malistare- The Final Countdown- Name of a song.

2. Quest to find all the oysters in Mooshu- Blue Oyster Cult- Name of a rock band. (Can find name on Guitar Hero 3)

3. Quest to save Private Ryan in Unicorn Way- Saving Private Ryan- Name of a Movie.

4. Fairies Wear Boots - One of the quests in Unicorn Way - Is the title of a song by Black Sabbath.

If You have anymore please add them to this list in the following format:

What is the quest- Name of Quest- How it is a Coincidence.

Thanks so far to:
AnemicSkink

yeah, like in unicor there is dorothy gale from wizard of oz, her quest is "Follow The Yellow Brick Road"

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
Lumerodo wrote:
baconater wrote:
When I was about to face Malistare I noticed something about the name of the quest, The Final Countdown, that is the name of a song! Then I realized there has to be more of these "Quest Coincidence's." I remembered some from a long time ago and here are some of them below:

2. Quest to find all the oysters in Mooshu- Blue Oyster Cult- Name of a rock band. (Can find name on Guitar Hero 3)

3. Quest to save Private Ryan in Unicorn Way- Saving Private Ryan- Name of a Movie.

4. Fairies Wear Boots - One of the quests in Unicorn Way - Is the title of a song by Black Sabbath.

Thanks so far to:
AnemicSkink

yeah, like in unicor there is dorothy gale from wizard of oz, her quest is "Follow The Yellow Brick Road"
Omg I love that sound the final countdown

Survivor
Aug 26, 2009
phonixking09 wrote:
I have noticed that the bosses Krokopatra,Krokencomen,and Krokotep from Krokotopia are the names of former kings and queens who ruled Egypt.Like Krokopatra is really the name of the queen clioupatra,Krokencomen is really the young kingTutencomen,Krokotep Im not sure of but I know it is the name of a king of Egypt whos name ends with otep.

it's Qlioupatra,Tuktumun,and Otep.
yep, Otep.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2009
arc1 wrote:
Hiya wizards!
ok to the post.
I don't think anybody posted this yet but Penny Dreadful is a movie that I watched about a girl who lives in america ( wizard city ) and her parents are both in england ( Marleybone ) she comes to Ravenwood ( Boarding school in movie ).
The fact that Onis are loose in Mooshu ( futile Japan or China can't remember which ) which plagued ancient times with the supersticion of demons haunting the old Jade Empire.
The quest in Krokotopia for the Throne room of fire the serpent staff you have to get shines a red beam of light to where the Order of the fang is ( refrence to Indiana Johnes ( sry for spelling) and the temple of doom movie ).
thx for posting this for finding those hidden puns and stuff, until later wizards Ciao!

it's RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK! !
STAFF OF RA( Ra means sun god )
see ya!

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
farlar752 wrote:
phonixking09 wrote:
I have noticed that the bosses Krokopatra,Krokencomen,and Krokotep from Krokotopia are the names of former kings and queens who ruled Egypt.Like Krokopatra is really the name of the queen clioupatra,Krokencomen is really the young kingTutencomen,Krokotep Im not sure of but I know it is the name of a king of Egypt whos name ends with otep.

yep, Otep.

NO! it's Imhotep! not Otep!

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
Lumerodo wrote:
baconater wrote:

Thanks so far to:
AnemicSkink

well theres also sherlock bones in marleybone, from sherlock holmes the book.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Dorrisa wrote:
Yes. There are many quests and NPCs that have names of movies, bands songs and other. One is Dorothy Gale with her friend Mr.Toto just like Todo. You can also see the Tin Man. I can't really find the scarecrow in unicorn way though. i only see it as a field guard.

Lol the Wizard of Oz. Also the Tin-man sounds like Gomer Pyle (Gomer Pyle is the name of some character from, a Classic TV show from the 40's-50's, it was based on World War II, I think.) I forget the name of the show.

One of Gomer Pyles, catch Phrase was: " Well gallllleee Sarge!"

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
dounut789 wrote:
farlar752 wrote:
phonixking09 wrote:

yep, Otep.

Its neither cause its hotep

Survivor
May 11, 2010
the stray cat strut quest is a song by Stray Cats

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
kittycat932 wrote:
dounut789 wrote:
farlar752 wrote:
phonixking09 wrote:

yep, Otep.

Its neither cause its hotep

Actually, you're all wrong. It's Amenhotep!

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
It might be a stretch but Gurtok Demon drops the "Burning Ring of Fire" :)

Song - Ring of Fire (1963)
Sung by Johnny Cash

CHORUS:
I Fell Into A Burning Ring Of Fire
I Went Down, Down, Down
And The Flames Went Higher

And It Burns, Burns, Burns
The Ring Of Fire
The Ring Of Fire

This would match Gurtok’s personal attacks with his fire sword

Drifter69 wrote:
Lol the Wizard of Oz. Also the Tin-man sounds like Gomer Pyle (Gomer Pyle is the name of some character from, a Classic TV show from the 40's-50's, it was based on World War II, I think.) I forget the name of the show.

One of Gomer Pyles, catch Phrase was: " Well gallllleee Sarge!"

Additional information - Gomer (played by Jim Nabors) was originally on The Andy Griffith Show (1962-1964) then on Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C. (1964-1969) - no war involved in the program. The character's catchphrases were: "Shazam!", "Gaaw-aawl-ly" and "Surprise, surprise, surprise!"

(For over 30 years, Nabors has sung "Back Home Again in Indiana" before the start of the Indianapolis 500.)

These memories bring tears to my eyes :D :D :D

Sorry for the oversharing :D

This is a great topic!!!

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
SpecialMan wrote:
Lumerodo wrote:
baconater wrote:

Thanks so far to:
AnemicSkink

Omg I love that sound the final countdown

Yea, The Final Countdown is an awesome song.

And mythomagic6, though Amenhotep was a king, I am pretty sure they based it on Imhotep since there is only one syllable in its name before the "hotep" part of his name. By the way you misspelled Cleopatra and Tutankhamun. Sorry, I am kind of a nerd in real life.

Historian
May 28, 2009
A quest in Unicorn way, has Doroty Gale, and her friends. are those from Wizard of Oz and they teleport here?!