Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scarecrow?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 24, 2010
When i was in pvp someone cast a scarecrow without no critical, blades,
traps, or astral support. The damage was 493 ( forgot about how much
it drains) and i thought in my mind: this is a lvl 48 spell right?
But heres the problem, why is scarecrow so weak?

I know it attacks all enemy at the same time, but really?
Its really really weak you know. I hope Ki make it more stronger,
because it needs to inprove its attack, i mean seriously, scarecrow is
even more weaker than forsest lord.

So necromancers/everybody whats your opinion about scarecrow?

Luke SkySinger
Level 53 Myth
See ya

Armiger
May 10, 2010
supergreen824 wrote:

Luke SkySinger
Level 53 Myth
See ya

Okay, obviously, you are new, so I will explain.

Scarecrow attacks and drains the health of the enemy, then it gives 1/2 of the damage back to the caster as health.

Now, if you are a Death Wizard, you can enchant spells, you have damage boosts from gear, you have dark pact blade, death blade, spirit blade, treasure blades, all of which make Scarecrow one very powerful attack all spell that will instantly heal your wizard back to full health.

Now, if an off school uses scarecrow, they don't have deaths damage boost, or death's blades, so it might seem weak to the untrained eye. But, to anyone that is experience and knows how to boost a spell and about damage boosts from gear and how to enchant a spell with Gargantuan and/or Colossal, it is anything but weak.

Hope this explains things for you.

Defender
Jan 25, 2012
I've said this on another post of similar kind. we as deaths students are experts at traps. with a few good traps, that scarecrow can do well over 2000.plus all our traps are free or very low pip costing unlike some schools,plus if you can build up on character with traps and use scarecrow, you can get all of the damage you took waiting back in health and then finish off the second or third enemy. death takes longer to win, btu we walk away with more health. death is not for the impatient. if your impatient make your wizard storm.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
supergreen824 wrote:

Luke SkySinger
Level 53 Myth
See ya

First off, Forest Lord is level 58. Of course it's weaker.
Secondly, any necromancer that knows how to play Death the way it should be played would not be casting Scarecrow without blades, charms, etc. However, it is a damage all spell that brings half of the damage back to the wizard as life. So if I hit 3 guys with only 493 damage, I will get back 739 in life. Not bad at all.
Leave Scarecrow alone; and I really doubt KI would change it anyway.

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
it is a AOE attack, all AOE's are weaker then single attacks but i don't think it's weak his/her fail for not using blades or traps. you should always boost your attacks with blades and traps if you can. no matter what you attack is without crit blades traps and so on you will not hit hard.

Historian
May 01, 2010
2 reasons:
1 KI hates death (joking, joking), but its an attack all, so its weaker than normal, and it is a steal health, so its even weaker......

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I vouch for my fellow necromancers. Any experienced Necromancer could buff their scare crow using an array of blades, traps, enchantments, clothing, auras and criticals to make it do over 10,000. (I did this, but I tested it in Unicorn Way).

Sincerely, Jeffrey Spirithunter
lvl 70 Necromancer
"There is no limit to the power of death!"

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
serpence1 wrote:
I vouch for my fellow necromancers. Any experienced Necromancer could buff their scare crow using an array of blades, traps, enchantments, clothing, auras and criticals to make it do over 10,000. (I did this, but I tested it in Unicorn Way).

lvl 70 Necromancer

Or you can even go farther then that if your crazy or determined enough.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
serpence1 wrote:

lvl 70 Necromancer

You are 100% correct here. Val (a.k.a. Vampy, my necro grandmaster) is only level 53, but he can make Scarecrow do around 2-3000 to each enemy- his crit rating isn't that great (yet), but he has his Spirit blades/traps, Dark Pact, Deathblade, Death Trap, Curse, Feint, plus gear boost and TCs- prisms optional for same-school bosses. I can't wait to see what happens when he gets to transcendent/Archmage level.

My main character/ first wizard is a sorcerer, and something I hear a lot is that Chimera is weak, and not worth 9 pips for 1K base damage... what they don't know is that, with gear-boosts, blade/trap stacking, auras, and critical, I can make that thing hit 2-3K damage per head (6-9K total). That said, she trained Death spells as well, and they have nothing on what Val (since he is a necro) can do with them... Put simply, it's just not possible to do off-school spells any justice.

El Veeb/Shadowsong/Vampy
transcendent/76 and grandmaster/53

Survivor
Mar 04, 2011
Kinda new to this forum and this is my first post so don't get angry if I say something stupid . I might be new to this forum but my Death is lvl 78 and Scarecrow is extremely powerful in the hands of a veteran user. Yes, this spell is very weak considered it is an AOE spell and it gives health back to the user. You obviously need Death boosts along with some blades and traps to increase the total overall damage of this spell. This spell takes some time to use as it starts out weak but can be enchanted as you gain higher levels with cards like Gargantuan, Colossal, etc. Although it is weak at first, this is an amazing spell for group battles as in 4v4 which would give back the user 1,000 health back and this is from base damage! I could go on and on about this awesome spell. The only thing I hate about this spell though is the base damage. Yes, 400 damage is decent for health drains but I think it should be raised to 500 since 1- this is Death's ONLY AOE spell so far, and 2- It doesn't come with an added effect like stun(Storm Lord)/(Frost Giant) or Absorb(Rebirth) except for the fact of gaining half of that damage output back as health.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
supergreen824 wrote:

Luke SkySinger
Level 53 Myth
See ya

Well, first of all, if you are a Myth, then that is the reason why, probably. But, for me, right now my scarecrow can do maybe up to more than 600 damage. And the Ominous Scarecrow can do up to almost 750. I am so close, and I pretty much always getting a 60-40 chance of critical. Right now at 180. So, when I was battling a boss, forgetting who it was, maybe Cablooey, I had a critical, plus treasure card boosts, a necklace that has hex and balanceblade, plus my regular spells to boost, the damage done was 25,687. That knocked him out easily!

Level 68 Necromancer,
Shannon Deathglade

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Scarecrow alone does not hit very hard, although it is an AoE drain.
But, with gear damage boost (mine is high 60's without a double damage pet, it will be about 80 with) and enchantments it hits pretty hard.
Right now without blades, just collosal, I hit for about 1k.
Two blades will take out the whole mob, no critical needed.
pods

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
scarecrow by its self is only 400, i am a lvl 49 necromancer and i can usaully get scarecrow to s little over 1,000 with blades alone the death blade dark pact sprit blade and my gear gives a 30% boost, and it fills my health also. persnally i love this spell

49 death

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
Llamamilk wrote:
Kinda new to this forum and this is my first post so don't get angry if I say something stupid . I might be new to this forum but my Death is lvl 78 and Scarecrow is extremely powerful in the hands of a veteran user. Yes, this spell is very weak considered it is an AOE spell and it gives health back to the user. You obviously need Death boosts along with some blades and traps to increase the total overall damage of this spell. This spell takes some time to use as it starts out weak but can be enchanted as you gain higher levels with cards like Gargantuan, Colossal, etc. Although it is weak at first, this is an amazing spell for group battles as in 4v4 which would give back the user 1,000 health back and this is from base damage! I could go on and on about this awesome spell. The only thing I hate about this spell though is the base damage. Yes, 400 damage is decent for health drains but I think it should be raised to 500 since 1- this is Death's ONLY AOE spell so far, and 2- It doesn't come with an added effect like stun(Storm Lord)/(Frost Giant) or Absorb(Rebirth) except for the fact of gaining half of that damage output back as health.

I disagree. Once you get the Ominous Scarecrow card from the scarecrow pet, it does more than 500 without boosts. Plus, (Even though my clothing boost is higher than most other death wizards) I can easily do more than 1000 damage with it with just my clothing boost. That makes PVE a piece of cake.