Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grub Guardian

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Dear KI,

I have recently Beta Tested the Grub Guardian game and I have a few questions.

1. Do the higher worlds and higher levels of each world give more experience to your pets, or is it based on score?

2. Does each level or world offer a possible set of increased stats? Example being: Dance Game give 2 intelligence and 2 agility for Dragonspyre

3. Why does this game offer so little xp when the games take about 5 minutes each? I mean, the games are fun and can get challenging, but is it really worth it?

4. I know I picked only Firecat Alley for this, but, after a score of over 5000, I only got 1 mist wood reagent as a prize?

5. I think this game has great potential that I would not want to see go to waste, is there a place to make suggestions, like here or in the dorms?

Historian
May 01, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Dear KI,

I have recently Beta Tested the Grub Guardian game and I have a few questions.

1. Do the higher worlds and higher levels of each world give more experience to your pets, or is it based on score?

2. Does each level or world offer a possible set of increased stats? Example being: Dance Game give 2 intelligence and 2 agility for Dragonspyre

3. Why does this game offer so little xp when the games take about 5 minutes each? I mean, the games are fun and can get challenging, but is it really worth it?

4. I know I picked only Firecat Alley for this, but, after a score of over 5000, I only got 1 mist wood reagent as a prize?

5. I think this game has great potential that I would not want to see go to waste, is there a place to make suggestions, like here or in the dorms?

I was also kinda dissapointed by the prizes, but then I realized:
Which would you rather? a boring, pet game (no offense to those who like them), and getting 4 xp every time, or a good time waster, fairly fun, (still able to feed mega snacks) but only at 3 xp per game? but either way, I like to play it because it is the tower defense type game, in my favorite game's theme....

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Yeah, this game is a little bit odd for scores. What I've investigated in that game was:
1. You get much higher prizes when you go to higher level worlds
2. Pets will get stronger when they rank up
3. Each different area for the world is different
4. Your pet talents don't show up if your pet ranks up
5. You only get 2 xp for the best score of each game

I think that grub guardian is good also, and I was gamer at it for months lol. So, yeah, the harder the level, the easier it is for you to gain a tier. I'll answer a few questions directly:

Kind of. If you go to harder areas, you'll see that the enemies get harder also, giving you a higher score. Lower level areas will only give you a lower amount of scores while higher level areas give you much higher amount of scores.

I'm pretty sure it's for each area that gives a different stat boosts, and it sometimes repeats in other worlds as well.

Due to people that just go to Unicorn Way and buy a bunch of Blood Bats and click the speed-up button, I think that the max will be 2 for each and every area, except for probably Celestia.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
As of now, the game is not really meant to rank up your pets that much, however some of the prizes seem decent in the higher worlds. I agree they need to add ore prizes.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
How do I send a suggestion to Kings Isle?

I'd love to see a grub guardian iphone app so that I can train my pets when I'm not at my computer!

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
MelodyShade wrote:
How do I send a suggestion to Kings Isle?

I'd love to see a grub guardian iphone app so that I can train my pets when I'm not at my computer!

would it cost 99 cents?

Survivor
Jun 12, 2008
I am confused about the pet's contribution on the map. When I first played GG with a Death pet he attacked the enemies if they got close enough, but my Life dragon just sits there and never does anything.

I like the idea of a tower defense game as a change of pace, but the XP return is just not worth the energy usage to me even though it's convenient to play outside the game.

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
Rivercat wrote:
I am confused about the pet's contribution on the map. When I first played GG with a Death pet he attacked the enemies if they got close enough, but my Life dragon just sits there and never does anything.

I like the idea of a tower defense game as a change of pace, but the XP return is just not worth the energy usage to me even though it's convenient to play outside the game.

It is like this
LIFE-boost all tower near
Fire -over time damage on enemies nearby
storm-does high damage on nearby enemies
balance-chance of eliminating a line of enemies
ice-chance of freezing all enemies near
death-chance of instant killing enemies
Hope this helps