Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

obsidian chest quest

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 19, 2009
OK, Someone help me I am needing to do the Shirataki Temple Mossback. Do I just do the dungeon all over again or do I do some kind of special way of finding Mossback. I have done Cave of Solitude and Kishibe Village so I think I am doing them in the right order. Do I just have the wrong place. HELP :(

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
I too cannot find a way to 'activate' Mossback. I've gone to the Cave of Solitude; there's no obsidian chest to obtain there. I still cannot get the chest in the Ancient Burial Grounds.

Can anyone shed additional information?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
twistedrlc wrote:
I too cannot find a way to 'activate' Mossback. I've gone to the Cave of Solitude; there's no obsidian chest to obtain there. I still cannot get the chest in the Ancient Burial Grounds.

Can anyone shed additional information?

Hope this helps...

This is a copy of a reply that Gamma posted:

If Theurgists are having trouble completing your level 48 Life spell quest, you must complete a sidequest in MooShu in order to have access to Oakheart in the Jade Palace.

You must complete these quests, in this order, to get to Oakheart in the Jade Palace. A lot of these quests are the same side quests that you need to complete for the “Wizard Tours” quest or Obsidian Chests quest to get access to the one chest in MooShu.

Cave of Solitude
1. I’m Cursed (from Mossback)
2. Rock On (from Mossback)

Kishibe Village
1. Wear Your Gloves (from Mossback)

Shirataki Temple
1. I’m Cured! (from Mossback)

Ancient Burial Grounds
1. Distressed Earth (from Mossback)
2. Forest Foray (from Mossback)

Village of Sorrow
1. Tainted Forest (from Wavebringer)
2. Forest Spirit (from Wavebringer)

Tree of Life
1. The Great Forest (from Oakheart)
2. Everlasting Forest (from Oakheart)

“Everlasting Forest” quest will give you access to Oakheart in the Jade Palace!

If you are not sure if you have completed any of these quests, or are still having trouble, contact Support with your username and character name and they will help you get moving forward.
{o,o}
|)_)

Survivor
Aug 26, 2009
can you tell me where the dragonspyre chest is?
no matter where i go, i cant find it.
it's not even with malistare.

Dakota Soulhunter level 50 necromaster

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
score734 wrote:
can you tell me where the dragonspyre chest is?
no matter where i go, i cant find it.
it's not even with malistare.

Dakota Soulhunter level 50 necromaster

I haven't seen it either, but there is a post dated June 2nd on page one of this thread that says this:

I did the obsidian chest quest 2 days ago and never had a problem. I went straight to all of them except for the one in the Labyrinth (had to face keymaster and the 3 street bosses to lower the bridges). In 3 of them , I didn't even face off against the Bosses guarding them. I just walked around them to the chest.

Does this help? I haven't made it to the Labyrinth yet, so I don't know for sure...

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Thanks guys for this great guide! :) :) :) but the worst part is i have to start the mossback quests hehe

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
richard1234 has it right exactly! I was stuck on this part of the quest for a week. I followed the mossback trail as written by richard1234. Even if I had already done it before, I still went and saw the mossback and approached him. Then, when I got to the Ancient Burial grounds Mossback, he had the quest for me. I was then able to enter the Obsidian chest building, fight the guys in there, and get the chest.
DON'T GIVE UP!

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
richard1234 wrote:
In order to get to the obsidian chest in the ancient burial grounds, you have to get the quest from mossback to fight the Crazed Forest Spirit. :D
I did not get that quest and it still let me in.
Ethan Iceblood lvl.44 life wizard

Survivor
Aug 14, 2010
richard1234 wrote:
In order to get to the obsidian chest in the ancient burial grounds, you have to get the quest from mossback to fight the Crazed Forest Spirit. :D
i didnt need to get the quest from mossback and i could get in. :D

Survivor
Aug 14, 2010
luvsjlennon wrote:
I am having trouble with this quest because I don't remember where all the chests are located. How do I get the yellow arrow guide for this quest.? I had it but now I can't get the arrow to come on.
umm with that quest you cant use the arrow.

Explorer
Aug 18, 2010
if anyone is having problems with the quest go to the area it says to, lets say haunted cave. all you do when you get in there is hit the M key and it will show exactly where it is on the map, thats how i did it and i got them all in half an hour(most of the time was from the evil labyrinth one :P )