Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where is the Amber?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2011
I agree been farming up to 60 plants on the list for two months and only have one amber from a pack to show. At least the farm can be bought with gold and I'll try that but at this drop rate it will take two years to craft a spell which is not worth the trouble.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2012
I have no idea what everyone is doing wrong. I garden king parsley and get an amber almost every elder harvest. So far i have crafted 3 spells and both games. keep trying, it is not that hard it just takes patience.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Wicked Voodoo on May 24, 2013 wrote:
I have no idea what everyone is doing wrong. I garden king parsley and get an amber almost every elder harvest. So far i have crafted 3 spells and both games. keep trying, it is not that hard it just takes patience.
You are either doing something uniquely special or you should buy lottery tickets ASAP. I am currently gardening over 150 King Parsely and have elder-harvested several hundred times. My garden plots are all stocked with KP "likes". I find the drop rate of amber to be about 2-4%, which appears to be fairly typical. From my last 80 elder-harvests I got 1 amber.

Survivor
May 01, 2013
RottenHeart on May 26, 2013 wrote:
You are either doing something uniquely special or you should buy lottery tickets ASAP. I am currently gardening over 150 King Parsely and have elder-harvested several hundred times. My garden plots are all stocked with KP "likes". I find the drop rate of amber to be about 2-4%, which appears to be fairly typical. From my last 80 elder-harvests I got 1 amber.
My garens only consist of 24 KP at a time. I tend to keep dragonflies on them all the time along with a pixie, star chalice, and bubbling cauldron. Other than that i use enchanted soil instead of regular soil. Usually one amber drops from them on very rare occasions i might get 2.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
wickedvodooassassi... on May 28, 2013 wrote:
My garens only consist of 24 KP at a time. I tend to keep dragonflies on them all the time along with a pixie, star chalice, and bubbling cauldron. Other than that i use enchanted soil instead of regular soil. Usually one amber drops from them on very rare occasions i might get 2.
Per plant or per garden? Your first post sounded like per plant.

If it's per garden that makes more sense. Some references suggest the amber drop rate from KP is much lower (worse) than it used to be. Currently with a drop rate of about 2 to 4 percent per plant, you need to elder harvest 500-600 plants to get 12 amber.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Well I guess all those seeds that isn't mentioned should be sold and not planted if you are wanting amber. I am cleaning out my seeds and looking at those suggested. Its a shame game limited the amber drop to just certain plants, now we can only plant certain plants to get it. In future i will check out the craft project, if it requires gardening for regents I will just not do. Plus I guess you have to wait until Elder before it even has possibility of dropping Amber, long wait for possibility. I still think Amber should be attainable elsewhere.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
zosohemi wrote:
I to have been a loyal crafter - wanted the Knight Deer so bad - farmed eveything i need - but no AMBER i've raised all these plants outdoors - indoors - not ONE Amber - so i guess the spell and farming and gardening all a waste of my time - just wait for a new world - maybe we'll get something other than utilty spells very upsetting -very disintrested in all of it - why bother ! KI doing us dirty and if it keeps up i will drop the game and go to WoW EASIER to farm it and get what you after
I got that spell by luck through the Kinght's Lore Pack.

Survivor
May 20, 2012
you can only harvest them from plants. plus the best to get amber from white tiger lily but you need to get to elder to harvest it and get amber

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
RottenHeart on May 26, 2013 wrote:
I agree elvis is the way to go. Patience to get there, 50 elvis at a harvest. place in enchanted plots let them sit 4 days at elder before hatch. then harvest 1 to 3 per harvest but money and pet snacks to go and other regents to go sell. it can be done.
Ronan Anvilgem
tell me to meet i will show

Squire
May 10, 2013
You don't HAVE to garden a Amber. It takes a while, and you might not get it.
In Keeper's Lore Pack there is a BIG chance you can get a amber.

Maybe 1 Day you will find a secret vendor who sells really rare reagents... Well its a surprise!

Professor Draco

Moon is the Thief, the sun is above, the stars dance

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
Ronan Anvilgem on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
I agree elvis is the way to go. Patience to get there, 50 elvis at a harvest. place in enchanted plots let them sit 4 days at elder before hatch. then harvest 1 to 3 per harvest but money and pet snacks to go and other regents to go sell. it can be done.
Ronan Anvilgem
tell me to meet i will show
Yea I have 50 amber now plants work. Although the new world dungeons of Aquila do drop amber from the secret bosses in Tartarus and Mount Olympus 2 new dungeons there. Happy hunting all

Ronan

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Hunter Stormshade on Jan 11, 2013 wrote:
amber is really hard to get! i have harvested all of my 12 red bell pepper and i still have nothing can someone please help me
That's hilarious hahaha. I have probably harvested almost 70 (seventy) King Parsley at Elder and only got one Amber. I am not complaining. When you harvest at least 300 red bell peppers, ask for help. I am pleased with my drop chance. For everyone else out there patience into the gardening King Parsley it is a great choice, don't buy 30 seeds just buy 3 or 4. I did, and now I almost have 50 of them, they multiply quickly, great harvest chances!

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
I can finally answer this question. Where is the amber? Cronus has it. I have gotten 28 amber farming him over the last 4 days looking for gear. I will take down my parsley gardens now and never worry about amber again.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
I have been gardening since it came out that we would have to garden for the coveted amber. It has drained my crowns, taken from training any pets and on top of that there has been no white tiger lily to show up period. Fortunately I have been able to pay for some crowns but barley, for those out there that do not have that blessing amber is a problem as it is a problem for those who can. I have played the Loremaster over 22 times and still did not learn any spells or get any seeds worth planting. How many has had this problem? KI there's challenge and then there is being ridiculous. Good luck to my fellow players and good night.