Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where is the Amber?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 19, 2010
:( Okay Professor, another hint, does our gardening level increase our amber chances? and, does getting all the plants likes help also?

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
WOW i never knew AMBER very hard reagents?

i been looking for one because i am crafting spell call: Catalan but i am not giving up no madder how much i try (long do it the better) just go with it.
i agree with "WHITE TIGER LILY" think just need make more then just single plants (not all the wizard are lucky ) still get 100% for trying and still have 100% getting AMBER

(mine story have trouble of hoard pack )
never lucky getting the mount since , hoard of the hydra pack came out)
i got lucky and i got hydra mount

px;'>(ALL IT MADDER IS TRY YOUR BEST, AND NEVER GIVE UP) never lose HOPE

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
guys they said it would not be easy
all good things come to those who wait
the carousel is one of the hardest things to make you have patience for that but not to wait for amber

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
Guys i will ever give up but just saying i planted maelstrom snap dragon, silver trumpet vine, frozen fly trap red bell pepper and i haven't got any of the amber vine etc.

Explorer
Jan 15, 2012
Logan04572 wrote:
:( Okay Professor, another hint, does our gardening level increase our amber chances? and, does getting all the plants likes help also?
yes it does :D

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
OK - I have spent literally hundreds of dollars in crowns on the ravens hoard packs trying to get white tiger lily seeds, hundreds of hours of farming for gold to get the seeds from the bazaar, hundreds more hours farming for deer knight cards, refreshing the list in the bazaar to snap up any and all sunstone I can find, not to mention farming/crafting for plant "likes" and reagents.

For all of my time and money I have the following:

2 elder harvest tiger lilies
2 mature tiger liles that I watch over like a hawk lest they regress
7 tiger lily seeds to be planted
About the same amount in king parsley and red bell peppers
I can't even get a red huckleberry drop
All of the reagents needed to make the spell except for ...
You guessed it ... not one single piece of AMBER

I am so far in the hole trying to make this spell, to give up and waste all of that money and time would be heartbreaking. The least you could do is try and make it easier to get the WTL seeds. Would it hurt to give one at elder harvest? I have no problem gardening all day long for the reagent but its hard and expensive to just get the plant to work with.

Bad form KI.

Survivor
Oct 21, 2010
I would have to agree. I have spent the last couple weeks trying to get amber and have one. I have maelstrom dragon, red bell peppers, white tiger lilies, silver trumpet vine and so on and so forth. I have farmed for the treasure card days on end and have 1 card to show for it. I am a Legendary Artisan, level 80 wizard, and grandmaster gardener. I have 6 wizards, 4 of them very active - one amber really - 1 treasure card. This is worse than spirit drums by a long shot. You know some of us also work for a living. Come on KI, hard is one thing - but this is ridiculous.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Guys guys guys, just make a king parsley farm of 64 king parsley. (2 large area spells cover it) You will get PLENTY of amber.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
Ronster55 wrote:
Guys guys guys, just make a king parsley farm of 64 king parsley. (2 large area spells cover it) You will get PLENTY of amber.

Would you recommend commiting to one type of plant? I have 18 red bells, 12 king parsleys and 8 white tigers just to mix it up but I have nothing yet. Just curious now if just having one type might increase the percentage chance.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
I have gotten zero amber from king parsley and I have planted at least enough to fill two large area spells. I have only gotten amber from red bell peppers and white tiger lillies (except for a single amber from a full garden of deadly ninja figs). Been at it for a month now? maybe more... still need two more to get 12 for Deer Knight! Going to be very sad if that spell is simply given away in a pack or dropped by a boss. I will never again invest so much money to craft if that happens.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
tatgrrl24 wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:

Would you recommend commiting to one type of plant? I have 18 red bells, 12 king parsleys and 8 white tigers just to mix it up but I have nothing yet. Just curious now if just having one type might increase the percentage chance.

It works for me, have 7 amber already! :)

@Jarlaxlerod
Really? have they hit elder often? Either way, they reseed, so you dont have to spend money after you buy 1. :P Thats the benefit of king parsley, and I have been awfully lucky. I have tried bell peppers and red huckleberries and only got 1 amber from 6 red bell peppers, 4 red huckleberries (Got a bunch of pinks though, so its all good! :D) and 2 white tiger lillies.

Good luck, hope it works in your favor ;)

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
Ronster55 wrote:
tatgrrl24 wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:

@Jarlaxlerod
Really? have they hit elder often? Either way, they reseed, so you dont have to spend money after you buy 1. :P Thats the benefit of king parsley, and I have been awfully lucky. I have tried bell peppers and red huckleberries and only got 1 amber from 6 red bell peppers, 4 red huckleberries (Got a bunch of pinks though, so its all good! :D) and 2 white tiger lillies.

Here's hoping - just planted 30 RBPs in a second garden
Once my first garden is harvested, I will put down 30 KPs
Keep your fingers crossed ... I'm having hard time not throwing my 6 DK TCs :)

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Ronster55 wrote:
tatgrrl24 wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:

@Jarlaxlerod

i think ronster what your not mentioning is how many other plants youve tried and have failed plus you didnt mention how many amber you got from those plants you did mention witch i estimate is zero to 1

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
gweedoboy wrote:

@Jarlaxlerod

i think ronster what your not mentioning is how many other plants youve tried and have failed plus you didnt mention how many amber you got from those plants you did mention witch i estimate is zero to 1

What? The other plants gave me only 1. The king parsley gave me 7. (I have a huge garden of them though)

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Ronster55 wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:

@Jarlaxlerod

What? The other plants gave me only 1. The king parsley gave me 7. (I have a huge garden of them though)
apparently you didnt understand. so heres my question. how many other plants have you tried besides the ones you mentioned in your post and if any how many of them didnt give you amber.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
gweedoboy wrote:
What? The other plants gave me only 1. The king parsley gave me 7. (I have a huge garden of them though)apparently you didnt understand. so heres my question. how many other plants have you tried besides the ones you mentioned in your post and if any how many of them didnt give you amber.

Err, still not sure what you mean, I mentioned all the plants I planted that could have given me amber. Most didn't give me amber.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Ronster55 wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:
What? The other plants gave me only 1. The king parsley gave me 7. (I have a huge garden of them though)apparently you didnt understand. so heres my question. how many other plants have you tried besides the ones you mentioned in your post and if any how many of them didnt give you amber.

Err, still not sure what you mean, I mentioned all the plants I planted that could have given me amber. Most didn't give me amber.
ok so aparently those were the only plants you planted.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
gweedoboy wrote:
ok so aparently those were the only plants you planted.

Ya, what does it have to do with anything? xD

Hero
May 27, 2009
Nine weeks is how long it took me to get 12 Amber to craft the Samoorai spell. Having tried all of the plants that can drop amber, I've decided to stick with King Parsley, as it is the only one of the bunch that gives back seeds. The rest are too difficult to obtain (for me) and/or care for.

Good Luck all!

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/testrealm#gardening

New Gardening Only Reagents!
Amber, Vine and Braided Vine Reagents will only be available through Gardening. Plants such as White Tiger Lily, Red Bell Pepper, Red Huckleberries, Deadly Fly Trap, Silver Trumpet Vine, Maelstrom Snap Dragon, Frozen Fly Trap and many more now have the new reagents added to their harvest rewards!

I to have been a loyal crafter - wanted the Knight Deer so bad - farmed eveything i need - but no AMBER i've raised all these plants outdoors - indoors - not ONE Amber - so i guess the spell and farming and gardening all a waste of my time - just wait for a new world - maybe we'll get something other than utilty spells very upsetting -very disintrested in all of it - why bother ! KI doing us dirty and if it keeps up i will drop the game and go to WoW EASIER to farm it and get what you after

Survivor
Jun 03, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Alright I'll give you a hint - White Tiger Lily plants have the best chance at rewarding you with Amber.

i have done all my WTL's Red Huckleberries .. down to last of my seeds and not a single AMBER very dissatisfied - i have stayed with my crafting and gardening ( rank 11 ) spent millions in gold - years in farming wanted new Knight Deer spell but as I see it - its not happening this game seems to be more bout money than fun now - its no fun spending out money on something you cant get ! i planted inside - outside - in singles - in bunches not one AMBER for my efforts so i go buy the transmute not one drop from hard fights (many btw ) got everything else did (SUNSTONE) being the hardest i thought now i should just sell the stuff and forget this game - it looks like its all bout money

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
Nine weeks is how long it took me to get 12 Amber to craft the Samoorai spell. Having tried all of the plants that can drop amber, I've decided to stick with King Parsley, as it is the only one of the bunch that gives back seeds. The rest are too difficult to obtain (for me) and/or care for.

Good Luck all!

Oof, ya, I think I will just stick with the King Parsley. Congratulations though! (Although farming for the spell is a better choice :P)

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
Yes well we know that white tiger lilly gives it the best, but the problem is not gardening, it it is getting the plant. I have been farming bosses that drop the plant for weeks now and I have gotten not a single plant from them. I have done waterworks and other dungeons for the transmute spell but I get nothing at all and I think I do waterworks about three times a day to no avail. I will never be able to get my deer knight spell and I buy crowns and a monthly membership I dont even want to play anymore because I am so frustrated. At least give us crown players a new pack in the store that will let us get amber and vines for our spells plz on behalf of every needed player professor greyrose were begging you. :(

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
AvonteH wrote:
Yes well we know that white tiger lilly gives it the best, but the problem is not gardening, it it is getting the plant. I have been farming bosses that drop the plant for weeks now and I have gotten not a single plant from them. I have done waterworks and other dungeons for the transmute spell but I get nothing at all and I think I do waterworks about three times a day to no avail. I will never be able to get my deer knight spell and I buy crowns and a monthly membership I dont even want to play anymore because I am so frustrated. At least give us crown players a new pack in the store that will let us get amber and vines for our spells plz on behalf of every needed player professor greyrose were begging you. :(

True, thats why kind parsley is here ;D
But yes, I would like to see the drop rates of everything increased. (I have only 1 merle's whisker, I would have 999, but Ambrose wont let me rip at his beard)

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
I am so upset now. I worked so VERY hard to craft Deer Knight... and now it can simply be obtained in the new Knight packs. How unfair is that? I will never invest the money I invested in harvesting the amber again. Simply pointless.