Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where is the Amber?

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 27, 2009
Where is the Amber we need for the new recipes? I have been gardening since Test Realm opened, and have yet to have Amber drop from any of my various plants on ten gardening wizards.

Administrator
https://www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/testrealm#gardening

New Gardening Only Reagents!
Amber, Vine and Braided Vine Reagents will only be available through Gardening. Plants such as White Tiger Lily, Red Bell Pepper, Red Huckleberries, Deadly Fly Trap, Silver Trumpet Vine, Maelstrom Snap Dragon, Frozen Fly Trap and many more now have the new reagents added to their harvest rewards!

community@wizard101.com
Hero
May 27, 2009
Yes, Professor, I read the update. I have been harvesting many of the listed plants such as Frozen Fly Traps, Silver Trumpet Vines and Red Bell Peppers. None of them have dropped these new reagents. How rare are they going to be? Crafting can be frustrating enough without situations such as this...

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
Why are those reagents special from all others?

We have always had the chance to harvest reagents around worlds...

Hero
May 27, 2009
Here's another question - why are the new reagents NO AUCTION? It seems highly unusual that they are both rare and unobtainable by any other means.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
There a rare drop because these spells where in packs. Very hard to get but i have 4 ambers already. Just need garden more. I spent lot money to get my spell even for them to offer it as a craft is in the best intrest of the kids and players. I think they should stay no action

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
I agree with you, I've yet to come across any amber reagent during my harvests. This is getting irritating.

Administrator
Jredflame wrote:
I agree with you, I've yet to come across any amber reagent during my harvests. This is getting irritating.

Make sure you're planting some of the plants I suggested above, those were a definite hint....

community@wizard101.com
Hero
May 27, 2009
Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
ALLEN6666666 wrote:
There a rare drop because these spells where in packs. Very hard to get but i have 4 ambers already. Just need garden more. I spent lot money to get my spell even for them to offer it as a craft is in the best intrest of the kids and players. I think they should stay no action

I was wondering, were all those amber from gardening? if so how many plants do you garden and which one specifically? I am currently gardening a few dozens of frozen fly traps and a few of: red huckleberries and maelstrom snap dragon but i still haven't gotten anything. Did you get them at elder? I was thinking may be there's a chance of them dropping at elder if not during mature harvest.

Anyone else with ambers is welcome to answer. I am trying to craft the tag game and after spending close to 500k in gold coins and hours looking for reagents in wintertusk, i got all the necessary reagents except for the 10 ambers. Gardening those plants is making me lose mega snacks, so i want to end this is soon as possible...

Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
They are rare drops. Need to garden more. Dont feel like there not there i have 5 now. If i had to say the amout i would say its 1 Hard Amber per 10 plants or so. Happy Gardening.

Administrator
Willowdreamer wrote:
But, Professor Greyrose - why are they NO AUCTION?

So that the only way to obtain these rather rare reagents is through the practice of Gardening.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Apr 10, 2010

I haven't checked yet, but you may want to read up on what the plants likes/dislikes are in the Wizard101Central forums. It was a great help to me in the pre-Zafaria days. I'm sure there are some updates by now. (fingers crossed)

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
I have three wizards gardening the plants on the list and have not had one amber yet, I have everything else made, I am starting to lose hope. I keep planting more seeds from the listed plants and am now having severe energy problems keeping up with high level pests. Forget training my pets.

Administrator
Alright I'll give you a hint - White Tiger Lily plants have the best chance at rewarding you with Amber.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Alright I'll give you a hint - White Tiger Lily plants have the best chance at rewarding you with Amber.

You're just the cutest professor! now time to mass garden those tigers.

Although, i must say i have issues with that specific plant. Don't know why but the idea of a face for a flower freaks me out. I know that most other plants are alive as well but all tiger lilies just rub me the wrong way :?

Hero
May 27, 2009
Okay, Professor - I gave it another week and have exactly ONE Amber from all of my gardens of the various plants on the list.

Can I ask if there will be a Transmute Recipe in the future for these new reagents?

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
well good luck to all the amber seekers, i am giving up, i will sell my jail cells and weapons racks and keep the carousel. I have had three wizards gardening and have bought up all the white tiger lilies i could find and still not a one.
I will replant my magma peas and get some snacks and a seed to replant.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Well, at the rate of one Amber every other week, I should have enough to craft the Goat Monk Spell by Christmas, anyway....

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
I accidentally stumbled upon the existence of this amber while in mooshu and realized the new spells required amber but i didnt think it was this bad to obtain it after reading all the posts. I was going to try to craft the deer knight but seeing how much is required is a bit insane. and With this extremely rare reagent Amber i shook my head and just told myself forget it i am not gonna even try. I appreciate for the heads up on this and good luck to everyone.

Champion
May 03, 2011
Yes, Amber seems to be the Holy Grail of reagents--accessible only with the aid of miraculous intervention. In other words, not at all. I have not heard of a single person who has succeeded in getting enough of it to craft any of these new items. Since I don't think KI is playing a cruel joke on its loyal crafters, I would hope they will revisit this issue soon and increase drop rates, make it auctionable, and offer a transmute recipe.

Honestly, I can't understand the reasoning behind this whole Amber thing at all. :(

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
Actually my friend Cherry has had the Tag game for a long time now. The Tiger Lillies really do have the best chance, I'd try them.

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/testrealm#gardening

New Gardening Only Reagents!
Amber, Vine and Braided Vine Reagents will only be available through Gardening. Plants such as White Tiger Lily, Red Bell Pepper, Red Huckleberries, Deadly Fly Trap, Silver Trumpet Vine, Maelstrom Snap Dragon, Frozen Fly Trap and many more now have the new reagents added to their harvest rewards!

really? i been feeding these plants to my pet when i get them. maybe i should quit planting the elvis plant and plant some of these

Survivor
Sep 08, 2011
Ok I totally understand making some quest harder then others. Where is the fun with out challenges. WTL, I have spent weeks trying to get them. NEVER at Baazar and I mean never. I keep fighting the bosses in Avalon over and over. Not getting any. Any ideas where I can farm bosses that drop this plant the most?

Hero
May 27, 2009
Okay, Professor, fully one month later, gardening on TEN WIZARDS, dozens of Red Bell Peppers, at least one dozen White Tiger Lillies, and several Deadly Ninja Figs and I have exactly TWO pieces of Amber.

Seriously. This is no fun.