Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rumor or not? Bannable for plant stacking

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I have a well prepared set up for my new house, for when avalon comes out. So I used some gardening guides on wizard101 central, and I found one thread, which was a guide to stack planting. For those of you that dont know what it is, it is where you can have a plant plot on top of others. So I have it, (By the way it isnt affective for your big gardens, so dont think that way.) and then a few days later, I heard some rumors circulating. That this was the thing people can get banned for, one person my friend knows got banned for doing something with gardening, and I dont know what it is, and if this is it, I am AUTOMATICALLY taking the plots out.

Note: I am not taking them out right now because if it isnt bannable it will be a nightmare having to do all the plant stacking all over again. (IT IS ANNOYING.)

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I have no idea if its a bannable offense,but it certainly does sound like an exploit. I would hazard on the side of caution and not do it.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Yes, in the past this was a very bannable offense. I thought they fixed it to where you cant stack plants anymore, but I would not recommend doing this, since it was a bannable offense.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
My guess is that's it's just a rumor. A lot of people feed off of drama, especially in the forums. Unless you find something in the terms of service provided by KI, or if one of the Professors confirms, I would ignore the rumor and just have fun with your gardening.
Note: Evidently I was wrong. But we still haven't heard from KI so I would leave them until you do.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
I have a well prepared set up for my new house, for when avalon comes out. So I used some gardening guides on wizard101 central, and I found one thread, which was a guide to stack planting. For those of you that dont know what it is, it is where you can have a plant plot on top of others. So I have it, (By the way it isnt affective for your big gardens, so dont think that way.) and then a few days later, I heard some rumors circulating. That this was the thing people can get banned for, one person my friend knows got banned for doing something with gardening, and I dont know what it is, and if this is it, I am AUTOMATICALLY taking the plots out.

Note: I am not taking them out right now because if it isnt bannable it will be a nightmare having to do all the plant stacking all over again. (IT IS ANNOYING.)

Hi,

Those wizards who used the stacking plants exploit were severely punished by KI for their decisions. You can probably find a thread on W101 Central that addresses the problem.

Interesting, though...KI supposedly corrected the problem once it was discovered over a year ago.

I would unstack those plants, unless you want a sanction of some sort for exploiting a known glitch that allows you to get extra loot for no extra effort.

Qbb

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
K, I will stay on the safe side, either way, with the plant stacking, it costs 100 energy for if all maelstroms have a garden imp on them anyways, so that wouldnt exactly help. I'll probably fix it next time I go to work on the house.

P.S: Can KI please put this in the terms of service? :) Or at least address it on w101 central, as there is a guide to plant stacking there.

Defender
May 29, 2011
Rumor has it, its bannable. They said they fixed it, but I just saw my friend who did it. If they find out your doing it you could be punished.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Actually it could be much worse than just bannable. KI indicated that if "stacking" was ever to become a problem, they would "fix" the rug glitch and prevent people from making glitch houses.

I personally believe the rug/stacking glitch should be fixed and new items introduced that allow you elevate housing items in a sanctioned way.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Btw guys rugs arent used in plant stacking just saying

Administrator
Hello,

Stacking your plants is not a bannable offense, as the spells are limited in the number of plants they will affect.

It is not supported however, so if you lose a seed, support will not help you get it back.

community@wizard101.com
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
A very good adage to abide by is:

When in doubt - don't.

If you think something is an exploit, don't do it - simple as that.

As for stacking plants for gardening - the gardening spells only affect a certain number of plants, so even if you have hundreds of plants stacked together, the spell will only affect a specified number of spells.

Stack all you want, young Wizards, the spell will only affect up to the limit set.

Thanks professor! A little late though, I already took it down, and the pain of having to build it again is by far too overwhelming! lol

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Yes, in the past this was a very bannable offense. I thought they fixed it to where you cant stack plants anymore, but I would not recommend doing this, since it was a bannable offense.

how is this a bannable offense whats wrong with plant stacking? your just stacking your plants -_- if this is banndable then is the rug glitch to o. o

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:

Stacking plants??? Never heard such thing about that.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
wow i sure hope not. I dont see why it is bannable because you are not doing anything outside of the game rules, to the best of my knowledge. But i wouldnt try it as professor greyrose pointed out i would stay on the safe side until conformation of this may come out.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
The mass banning of a few years ago had nothing to do with plant stacking. Some players used an exploit that gave them unlimited harvests on an elder plant that resulted in massive amounts of mega snacks. I do believe KI had every reason to ban the people that used that exploit.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 70 Life

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Oh my, this is embarressing, Paige tagged me in a post in the gardening section of wizard101central... Oh my >_<

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
I love plant stacking - so glad someone finally helped me figure this out. It would be impossible to garden and train pets without it. That being said, I never have them stacked more than 2 high since you can barely see the tops as it is and as Prof G said, the spells will only work for a specific number of plants. I also don't use the rugs - I prefer the low square table and 9 dark wood crates as they're a bit easier to line up.