Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Idea on First Turn Advantage, plz read.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Ok, I posted an idea of how to help the issue
with the "First turn Advantage", in a different post.
But now, I see that changing the whole First turn
advantage is most likely not going to happen.
Why, because KI would have to rewrite a large part
of the code, and that code may be used for the entire game.

So, I have a simple solution, that could be easily added
to just the PvP section (or both), and would not affect the rest
of the game. I really like this idea, and would like to ask
someone to post this over on Central, since I no longer
have an account over there. If someone could do that,
I would really appreciate it, as I know they are pushing
for changes to PvP.

The pip advantage, and casting the spell first, is an
advantage, but I don't consider that the difference between
winning and losing most of the time. What is a cost, is
driving your 5 or 9 pip spell into a -50 or -70 shield.
This often happens to the second person, as they are blind
during the match. Being blind is what generates the entire
problem in PvP, and hurts a little even in Pve.

So, this is what I think would really help.
We keep PvP just as it is, one player goes first, then the
other's spell goes, as it does now.

The "second player only" get a special card that
pops up at random times, that removes the
resist of all shields for 1 to 3(?) rounds. It would be
as if the shields are just not there. The Gear resist
would not be affected, it would stay the same.

The spell would pass right through the shields, but they
would not be removed. Plus, when the spell is cast,
it would appear as if no spell was cast, so the opposing
1st player would not know what is happening.
The 1st player would be blind to the fact that spell was cast.

This would not be a learned spell, but something that
only the person going second would get "mixed in Automatically"
at the beginning of the Match. So just like Wands show up, these would
show up also, and would give that person going second a
real fighting chance......

Let me know what you think, I really like the idea a lot.

Thanks,
Joe.
Joseph LionHunter.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Dude, nobody is gonna even read this. Be concise with your ideas.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
malt22 wrote:
Dude, nobody is gonna even read this. Be concise with your ideas.

That's right, nobody will ever read it. That's why you've read and replied lol. (Sarcasm)

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Historian
May 01, 2010
This sounds like a spammer that doesnt rely on shields' (bladestacker, by that I mean heavy, and wild bolt spamming) dream..... no shields for 3 rounds? Enough peirce to make resistance ineffectual? Sounds fun.....

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
That's right, nobody will ever read it. That's why you've read and replied lol. (Sarcasm)I haven't read this post. I saw the lengthy nature of it and said to myself, "Heck no, I'm not going to read this." Did you read it?

Defender
May 29, 2011
malt22 wrote:
That's right, nobody will ever read it. That's why you've read and replied lol. (Sarcasm)I haven't read this post. I saw the lengthy nature of it and said to myself, "Heck no, I'm not going to read this." Did you read it?

Then why did you even post on it? If your not gonna read it, just dont and go away, no reason for you to make a empty comment.

As for the subject, i'd sort of like it. It'd be better if the person first, casted a shield, but your hit would not trigger it since it was casted on the same turn. Like they casted a tower shield, the tower shield wont be actice until next turn. Same with efreet, minus accuracy, ect.

Historian
May 01, 2010
malt22 wrote:

At least it isnt just a giant wall of text, and he spaced it out....

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
malt22 wrote:

Yes, in fact I did read it. And if you didn't, then don't just go off saying garbage about nobody ever reading someone's ideas.

Defender
Mar 11, 2011

No offense but your idea stinks. Ki is not gonna read this idea, nor is it a good idea to have someone work so hard to get treaure card sheilds and, it gets ignored. Did you just do this because you always go last in pvp? Not trying to offend you, it's a BAD IDEA.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
thewiz28 wrote:

No offense but your idea stinks. Ki is not gonna read this idea, nor is it a good idea to have someone work so hard to get treaure card sheilds and, it gets ignored. Did you just do this because you always go last in pvp? Not trying to offend you, it's a BAD IDEA.

ki in fact reads all post on message boards
some dont get into the game but they always do read it

to the Op
this does sound good but i have to say no cause it makes no point for the ice and life? schools of magic being them with shields and stuff so it can deadly backfire in there face

Survivor
May 14, 2009
Well, it's an interesting idea, but seems a bit overpowered. As in,
Ex. I'm going first. After a few rounds, I've guessed that the person I'm against is a Strom. So I put up a strom shield, and then he uses this card and blows through my defences, killing me in one hit because I had no shields. Not fair. I think that a better thing would be this:

Spell name: Past Power
School: Sun
What it does: This acts like a Accurate in the fact that it 'enchants' your card. But, instead of giving it more damage or better accuracy, it allows y the spell to act like it went first.
EX.
I am going second. On a turn, I'm ready to use Gnomes. I use Past Power on the Gnomes card, and select Gnomes and aim for my opponent, who currently has no Life or Tower shields. The turn begins, and my opponent puts a Tower on himself. The way things are now, the sheild would block the Gnomes. BUT, because I put Past Power on the Gnomes card, it ignores the Tower sheild and attacks directly.

See how this is more fair? This is just my opinion.
Flames will be used to light torches.
Blake SkyBlade