Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why are people not liking zafaria???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2009
People really dont like the world Zafaria. No one should complain about it, be happy that ki is making worlds for you.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
richa123 wrote:
People really dont like the world Zafaria. No one should complain about it, be happy that ki is making worlds for you.
i just dont like the gear, to many defeat and collect quest, lack of enemy creativity, and just recently the crafting quest with those conga drums( oh i hate those things so much)

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
I don't like how you have to go to one place to get to the other, seriously to get to elephant graveyard you go to crossroads, then markets, then stone town, then waterfront, then drum jungle, then the graveyard. Too long to walk.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
In some instances, its the power pip advantage the mobs have over us in battle. Not much fun getting smacked with Medusa right from the start of a battle with the mob.

And it just may be having to go back and fight the same mobs over and over and over again.

At least in the other worlds, we could sometimes double up on quests and not have to go back as often to fight the same things.

I do love the world of Zafaria though. The graphics and characters are great as far as I'm concerned.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
richa123 wrote:

Reasons to dislike Zafaria:

1. Spiritcaller Drums/crafting insanity crosses the line. End of story.
2. An endless stream of "did-not collect" quests.
3. The plot died with Malistaire and Sylvia. Translation: there is none.

I'm not done Zaf yet, so it may redeem itself... but it's got a long road ahead.

L.S.
transcended sorceress

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Although I love the artwork, etc., this aspect:"An endless stream of "did-not collect" quests," is really making me angry. Killing over 20 of the mobs in the exact spot shown on the map and receiving not one item I am to collect is causing me to just not go there and making me rethink if it's worth it at all.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
I like Zafaria, except for the endless, eternal, relentless series of Fire Lion Ravager quests in Savannah. That just seems like poor design, IMHO. If we have to fight the same creatures 5-6 times, times however many battles each drop takes to achieve, at least we could be allowed to double up on some of them.

Dang it, I have two wizards there right now, and I just don't look forward to fighting those lions again and again and again and again.

Sigh...

Qbb/Moira/Rowan

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:
I like Zafaria, except for the endless, eternal, relentless series of Fire Lion Ravager quests in Savannah. That just seems like poor design, IMHO. If we have to fight the same creatures 5-6 times, times however many battles each drop takes to achieve, at least we could be allowed to double up on some of them.

Dang it, I have two wizards there right now, and I just don't look forward to fighting those lions again and again and again and again.

Sigh...

Qbb/Moira/Rowan

This.

I didn't even mind the back to back defeat and collect quests. It was the requirement to visit the same exact area for the defeat and collect quests, which created a bottle neck effect with other players. It was like the Kraken quest requirement in Triton Ave all over again.

Everything else was fantastic!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I like the graphics of Zafaria. I don't mind too much running around, but I agree, getting to the Elephant Graveyard is a bit much. I wish the gear was better, though.

Don't get me started on those Fire Lion Ravangers. Just to get the 8 of whatever it was, I fought 57 of them, all by myself until the last battle, when someone joined in and I had 3 Lions (hence the odd number I had to fight).

Unfortunately, I didn't have any other quests to do to break up the tedium, so I was stuck over and over and over again with the Ravangers. OMG!

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Reasons to dislike Zafaria:
1. Those fire lions in the Savannah when you have to defeat like 8 and you like never collect (worst of all, I'm fire!)

2. All the "did not collect, try again."

3. You have to run a lot...sigh it goes like this: Crossroads, Market, Stone Town, Drum Jungle and Elephant Graveyard (OMG!)

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
did everyone forget about the rhinoes that you had to keep fight about 8 to 10 times XD

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
richa123 wrote:

I love Zafaria I dont think there is anything wrong with it.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
The main reason I don't like Zafaria is the repetition in the quests like: Fight 8 Fire Lion Ravagers I don't want to be fighting enemies over and over again where you have to beat a certain amount of them. Ughghgh grrrrrr. XD

Survivor
Jan 16, 2012
Like almost everyone else said ( xD ) there are waaaaay too many defeat-and-collect quests. The quest line also, to me, feels repetitive. In Zamunda, I felt like it was Savannah all over again. It get's kind of boring after a while ...

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
The defeat and collect. It's becoming a joke now. Collecting 10 of something is hardly in my interest range and I very well may not continue to play on my Storm Legendary as she is sick of coming out of battles with low health then having to port to a friend to help them.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2011
richa123 wrote:

i just think its abit boring and long, mainly because of all collect quests , but still im happy of the new world Ki is making us :)

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
RavenLady777 wrote:
Although I love the artwork, etc., this aspect:"An endless stream of "did-not collect" quests," is really making me angry. Killing over 20 of the mobs in the exact spot shown on the map and receiving not one item I am to collect is causing me to just not go there and making me rethink if it's worth it at all.

When I first got to Avalon a friend told me it is a TEAM world and in order to collect you have to have a team of players on each quest. In other words, you have to go busy realms, find friends, use henchmen, whatever so you are not alone. Since I did the same thing in Zafaria, I collected every single time by following this simple rule. The first battle I did was just me but I quickly found out that it doesn't work. This world is about teamwork and that is an awesome lesson to teach the kids who play this game. I am 57 years old and am well aware that teamwork is a skill and kids can learn that skill right here. If KI uses their games to make kids, tweens, teens and young adults learn lessons which will be life skills, more power to them! Thanks, KI for the skills which are more than simply fantasy-wizard spells!

Survivor
Mar 24, 2012
ionya wrote:
The defeat and collect. It's becoming a joke now. Collecting 10 of something is hardly in my interest range and I very well may not continue to play on my Storm Legendary as she is sick of coming out of battles with low health then having to port to a friend to help them.
Well, there was only 2 annoying quests in Zafaria... The collect 10 quest in savannah. But personally, Zafaria is my favorite world :D ps. By the way kingsisle, i love avalon it looks like a cartoon world :) Luke Staff Level 80 Fire

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
I really wanted to see the jungle aspect for a world. Thus Zafaria. I was disappointed by the fighting over and over with Lions and Rhinos with no luck of receiving a drop. The over indulged walks to the Elephant Graveyard are tedious. The crafting is hard. Fossils are not an easy drop it takes 4 sets of fossils to make what is needed. Not the greatest organization in Zafaria. Was expecting amazing and ended on A maze.

Explorer
Jan 16, 2012
This made sense to me. People, if you keep positive, you'll be able to do more. As the saying goes, "your attitude determines your altitude." Also, another saying is, "misery loves company" which its meaning can be taken several ways.

I think Kotanmj put it best that Zafaria is meant to be played with others. You can figure this out from experience. The game gets harder as you advance, and instead of complain because it is different...find others who need help just like you and conquesr it together.

It's fun to whine and moan, but that doesn't get you past quests...playing and temwork does. So enjoy your time and grind through so you can breathe a sigh of relief and prepare for the next challenge.

kotanmj wrote:

When I first got to Avalon a friend told me it is a TEAM world and in order to collect you have to have a team of players on each quest. In other words, you have to go busy realms, find friends, use henchmen, whatever so you are not alone. Since I did the same thing in Zafaria, I collected every single time by following this simple rule. The first battle I did was just me but I quickly found out that it doesn't work. This world is about teamwork and that is an awesome lesson to teach the kids who play this game. I am 57 years old and am well aware that teamwork is a skill and kids can learn that skill right here. If KI uses their games to make kids, tweens, teens and young adults learn lessons which will be life skills, more power to them! Thanks, KI for the skills which are more than simply fantasy-wizard spells!

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
I personally found zafaria to be so redundant that it becomes boring easily and I lose interest almost as fast. The teamwork concept seems like good idea, however, in experience, doesn't make much difference.

Helped someone yesterday and she only needed two more collects and between four of us battling, it took an hour and several battles. Then, after they reported, they were sent back to battle same critters again.

This world, as visually beautiful as it is, in my opinion, lacks imagination and almost seems like it was thrown together as a quick deal with no thought to how the games play. Sorry, hate this world the most.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010

The repetition in the quests (read Fire Lion Ravagers) is boring, I agree, but most of all it's the "did not collect, try again" when battling those Fire Lion Ravagers -- over & over & over again; it seems just endless. For me, repeatedly fighting the same battle unsuccessfully takes all the fun out of the game. So many individuals have written about these particular problems in DS & now with the Ravagers in Zafaria; why doesn't KI address these problems & make the battles more equitable? I'm not asking for easier battles, just fewer, more rewarding ones. How about it, KI, are you listening??

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Omahaguy1979 wrote:
This made sense to me. People, if you keep positive, you'll be able to do more. As the saying goes, "your attitude determines your altitude." Also, another saying is, "misery loves company" which its meaning can be taken several ways.

I think Kotanmj put it best that Zafaria is meant to be played with others. You can figure this out from experience. The game gets harder as you advance, and instead of complain because it is different...find others who need help just like you and conquesr it together.

It's fun to whine and moan, but that doesn't get you past quests...playing and temwork does. So enjoy your time and grind through so you can breathe a sigh of relief and prepare for the next challenge.

kotanmj wrote:

while i respect you both and agree about the atidude altitude stuff that doesnt change the fact that zafaria had the lowest amount of enemy creativity we have ever seen. also there was an endless amount of defeat and collect quest, the gear was terrible and some of it over priced, but the thing i and many others didnt like the most was the fact that you were doing almost the exact same thing all the time. as postive and happy a person can be for a new world its just really hard to not get bored or or mad at the did not collect battles or anything else that was wrong with zafaria.