Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gaining the "Monstrous" spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 24, 2012
Hey everybody, I've got a question about a certain spell I really want, but I have no idea how, where, or when to get it (with "when" I mean at which level).

I'm talking about the "Monstrous" spell - for those that don't know, it's a spell that can enhance the power of attack spells for +175 %. In other words, it can make an attack spell 175 % stronger. I know that there are different spells of this kind, and I think a friend of mine said that the strongest of its kind is called "Gargantuan" or something.

So my question is: how, where, and when can I get the Monstrous spell? Or, even better, the Gargantuan spell? I'd really appreciate it if somebody can tell me about this! :D

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
These spells start in the Astral school pit in Celestia Base Camp and are Sun, they continue on the Floating land and the mother of them all is in Zafaria's Drum Jungle, Colossus, you have to do the quest that mends the obelisk.

By far my favorite spell to say the least and all my wizards get them, it costs 5 training points to get to the top because of course you have to buy one at a time as you level up, I believe you can start at level 50, if I am not to Celestia yet I port in to someone there to start them if I have used up all the treasures I won along the way. The up side is you don't have to take the bow and arrow (accuracy) spells to just get them.

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
You can either buy it in Myth Treasure Card form at the Bazaar (or possibly even from some of the libraries - not sure about that though), or wait until you are past level 50 and spend Training Points to learn them in Celestia (Sun School). Gargantuan is a level 58 spell, and the even more powerful Colossal spell learned in the Drum Jungle of Zafaria is level 67 or 68.

Be aware that Monstrous is not the earliest spell in this series, and that you will need to train two others ahead of it. Luckily for you, Celestia has more sources of Training Points that the earlier worlds - I'll leave it to you to find out how though. You may want to save one to spend at the Mutate Master in Stormriven Hall, for another way to enhance your attack spells.

Monstrous TCs are craftable if you have the skills and can find the vendor who sells the recipe (same world as the spell is taught in). It's not at all hard to get the ingredients.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Paprika2215 wrote:
Hey everybody, I've got a question about a certain spell I really want, but I have no idea how, where, or when to get it (with "when" I mean at which level).

I'm talking about the "Monstrous" spell - for those that don't know, it's a spell that can enhance the power of attack spells for +175 %. In other words, it can make an attack spell 175 % stronger. I know that there are different spells of this kind, and I think a friend of mine said that the strongest of its kind is called "Gargantuan" or something.

So my question is: how, where, and when can I get the Monstrous spell? Or, even better, the Gargantuan spell? I'd really appreciate it if somebody can tell me about this! :D

seek the sun of cl in the floating land after becoming very strong
if you are the correct lvl and know the spells of the fist class then talk to the sun and for 1 training point each you shall learn a stronger attack fist boost

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
"Monstrous" spell - for those that don't know, it's a spell that can enhance the power of attack spells for +175 %.
This is incorrect. It adds 175 points of damage to a spell, not multiplying a spell by 175%. In my opinion, the damage boost enchantments are some of the best spells you can train, all the way up to Colossal.