Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Great PvP idea, anyone agree?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
It seems really hard to rank up in PvP, (yes it is hard for me too) so I was thinking maybe we could rank up after a certain amount of wins to rank up. This is what I think:
Corporal: Wins required: 4
Sergeant: 7
Veteran: 12
Knight: 18
Captain: 25
Commander: 35
Warlord: 45
Or something a little different maybe. Anyone agree, disagree or want to make changes?
Jasmine Fireblade lvl 70 fire

Defender
May 29, 2011
wizardgirl1840 wrote:
It seems really hard to rank up in PvP, (yes it is hard for me too) so I was thinking maybe we could rank up after a certain amount of wins to rank up. This is what I think:
Or something a little different maybe. Anyone agree, disagree or want to make changes?

Well, you'd basically get rank by how many times you've done pvp.

I have 184 wins,(warlord) and if that were to come, you should need more than 45.

Historian
May 01, 2010
wizardgirl1840 wrote:

I am sorry, but I dont think that would work. It would make people more desperate to win, so they bring out a bunch more cheap spamming strategies. Try looking at your deck, learn from your losses, you can eventually make it to warlord.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
wizardgirl1840 wrote:

Love the idea but the problem is those points wont be balanced. Take this example: Warlord 45 wins, 245 loses, yea thats a warlord, maybe it should be like a difference system, say for warlord you have to have 45 more wins than loses?

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Hello,
I see the theory in what you are suggesting, and in some ways it could work, however I see a couple problems with this.

If this were to be implemented, it would make the title of 'Warlord' an inevitability, rather than a reward. What I mean by this is, a player will eventually win the 45 fights required (law of averages). Even if they have lost 258 times, they won the 45, and therefor are a Warlord. I'm sorry, but that would not be a worthy Warlord at all.

For all we know, they have been trying for a year, and all 45 wins are from the opponent being disconnected. That hardly makes them a Warlord.
The purpose of being a Warlord is not how many wins you have, but about how long you can stay successful at winning.

Secondly, I believe this would cause people to lose interest in PvP. Everyone would be a Warlord. It would be easy to achieve, and the fun would fizzle out rather quickly.

Im sorry to be such a downer about your idea.
Good luck in the arena :)

Survivor
Mar 22, 2012
I like it as it is, although it might be frustrating sometimes. I remember being able to get a nice ring from Diego and losing the rank that allowed me to use it. XD If you can't lose your rank, the Arena would be populated only by Warlords and the competition would be less intense.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
wizardgirl1840 wrote:
Interesting idea. Needs a bit of polishing, though. Warlord still must be difficult to achieve, and most of us have won way more then 45 matches. If people couldn't lose rank, they could easily cut down on complaints. So, maybe, 115 wins gets you warlord, 8 wins gets you corporal, everything else is bumped up a bit too.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Warlord: 45You have got to be kidding me.

How about someone like me with 800 wins? Earn your rank, and maintain your rank. Maybe fix the point disparity rewards between low rank vs. high rank matches.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2009
I have another PVP idea. I know it's fair to randomly be put on anyone's team in ranked matches, but I think you should be able to choose friends to go with you or pick your team like in practice match. Ranking up is hard because lets say your level 37 and you have to go against a level 70! and loose miserably so please let us pick our teams or choose friends. THANK YOU~ :(