Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical not needed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2009
critical is not needed because all creatures ALWAYS block, and that is making me annoyed we need the creatures to block less!

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
i agree, the creatures shouldn't use a block rating as much...at the most they should have a block rating for the school that is shown for them. EX: balance shark = balance block rating.....mainly because they can critical balance as well

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Lol, and they wouldn't need Critical, cause YOU can block everything they can Critical, right? :P

Calamity Ogreblossom Level 53 Theurgist

Explorer
Jul 20, 2009
richa123 wrote:
critical is not needed because all creatures ALWAYS block, and that is making me annoyed we need the creatures to block less!

Plus....
Another reason critical is not needed is you can use strength. Example: A robe will say like 15% Myth Strength (has a fist symbol). If you have like I know some people have well over 65% Strength!! I just want to know how to get that much I mean like their balance and I am fire and I dont come close to that much. and Fire is supposed to be stronger than balance! I mean like seriously where do they get those robes :x
If its from waterworks i will be so

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
For everyone that doesn't know this is, I learned from a friend that the more critical points you have, the more chances of "blocking" a block. I've even tried this, i first used my normal 163 critical on a boss that always blocks, he blocked my critical :(. I came back with 183 critical plus vengence, making a total of 283 critical, he didn't block . I kept using the same method and no one blocks . I wonder if this is like a balancing system where the higher points win over the lesser one.

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
I know right! This is the same with stun. What's the point of stun when bosses are always stun immune?

Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
Survivor
Jan 14, 2010
i can understand your reasoning for why critical is use less but most creatures in the spiral do not have block its only the bosses have it do and its fair that the bosses have block
and if you dont like it then just dont use gear that has critical and even if you critical and the boss blocks you still hit them so its no big deal
~Erica Nighthaven lvl 75 balance

Survivor
Mar 30, 2012
This is a reply to AOHannahMontanna.
I don't have Waterworks gear and I am a Level 58 Myth with a 56 percent boost. The best gear for my level always has the same name. I will tell you my gear, so I can tell you how I got the boost.

Hat: Illusive Headgear
Robe: Illusive Robe
Boots: Illusive Boots
This equipment gives me a 48 percent boost.
Athame: Claw of the Ghost Wolf (No damage boost.)
Ring: Peridot Ring of Battle- 6 percent boost.
So all together that's what I get.
Also, just because your Fire, doesn't mean you should have a bigger boost than everyone, you know.

Cheryl
Usually in the Scarecrow Realm for reagents

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
AOHannahMontana wrote:
richa123 wrote:

Plus....
Another reason critical is not needed is you can use strength. Example: A robe will say like 15% Myth Strength (has a fist symbol). If you have like I know some people have well over 65% Strength!! I just want to know how to get that much I mean like their balance and I am fire and I dont come close to that much. and Fire is supposed to be stronger than balance! I mean like seriously where do they get those robes :x
If its from waterworks i will be so
yep its from ww XD

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
"Only bosses have Critical Block."

Actually, not true. In Avalon, many of the mobs have critical block as well, making it that much more frustrating.

I don't concentrate on critical. I concentrate more on damage boost, accuracy, power pips, resistance and critical block.

Waterworks gear is good for all-around boosts. But, it depends on your wizard. My level 80 Balance uses the WW hat and boots (best damage boosts), but I use a crafted robe for a little less damage boost, but boosts in other areas I need. I still have 70% damage boost, and would have much less if not for my Chimera pet, which gives me an additional 6%. Because Balance damage spells are weak, I need the damage boost.

My level 73 Ice has Waterworks gear, but I found crafted gear works much better for what I need. I do have 123 critical, but I don't rely on critical working when I need it, because it's so random. My Ice is a tank right now, except for damage boost. I can't seem to get it above 48% without sacrificing a lot of other stats.

My Ice:

Health: 5017
Damage: 48%
Resistance: 23% (Fire and Storm are at 35%)
Critical: 123
Critical Block: 95 (across the board)
Power Pips: 102%
Health In: 44%
Accuracy: 80% base + 22% boost (no fizzles!)

This is all from crafted gear. Clothing, rings and athames. Also, choosing the right wand and amulet helps, too!

So, don't worry so much about critical, but concentrate on boosting your other stats so that you can survive the battle better.

Good luck!

:)

Survivor
Mar 30, 2012
AstroStorm, Vengeance only raises critical by 20 rating, not 100 rating, unless my computer is gltiched :D . So I calculated it, vengeance raises the chance of critical by 3 percent if critical is out of 600, which is what I heard. Just want to check.

Cheryl
Level 59 Myth
Scarecrow Realm

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
sagerz wrote:
AstroStorm, Vengeance only raises critical by 20 rating, not 100 rating, unless my computer is gltiched :D . So I calculated it, vengeance raises the chance of critical by 3 percent if critical is out of 600, which is what I heard. Just want to check.

Cheryl
Level 59 Myth
Scarecrow Realm

Vengeance raises your critical by 20%, not points. And the tc version is a 25% boost. That is if the card is correct, as it has the % sign on it.
Brings my total to around 41% I think when I cast the trained spell. I use crafted Wintertusk gear, and a lifeforce blade (total critical 126 I think).
Vengeance is very useful, but even with that, bosses will still block.
I am a death wizard btw.