Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Power Pips are a Waste Unless...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I'm not sure how much of an issue it really is, but power pips counting for ALL spells would be helpful. My Pyromancer is a level 32, and his secondary is Theurgy. I have a Jade Oni card that requires five pips, and it takes so long to get to. If power pips counted towards other spells besides your schools, it wouldn't take as long and would be much better... GO GAMMA!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
sparkstar1209 wrote:
I'm not sure how much of an issue it really is, but power pips counting for ALL spells would be helpful. My Pyromancer is a level 32, and his secondary is Theurgy. I have a Jade Oni card that requires five pips, and it takes so long to get to. If power pips counted towards other spells besides your schools, it wouldn't take as long and would be much better... GO GAMMA!

Mastery Amulets allow you to use power pips from other schools.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/33761.ftl

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
kingurz wrote:
sparkstar1209 wrote:

Mastery Amulets allow you to use power pips from other schools.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/33761.ftl

Plus it adds challenge to the game. I frequently get Power Pips due to the fact that I always invest in High Power Pip Percentage gear. If you could use them for all schools then that would just be no fun. Kind of boring really. Powerpips make you think "What is the best spell I can cast right now?". Mastery Amulets only allow you to use powerpips for one other school, but that's also good. Now you could use your secondary school without wasting powerpips or heal faster in a battle. It still keeps a challenge, as they are hard to obtain (unless you have crowns) and you still have to think carefully about what school to get the amulet for (I know alot of people in this game have no "secondary school" and do things like Ice to TowerShield, Death to curse, Balance for blades and traps, and just wacky things like that. Well now they have to choose.)

Survivor
Mar 22, 2012
Don't you read all of the threads in which people complain about the loss of peculiarity of the various schools? (I totally disagree with them, though). Do something like that and you will unleash the seven hells over this forum.
People with ideas like that, are players that want to have ONE character able to make EVERYTHING. Totally NO.