Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nidavellir

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
I read these and central message boards frequently but I don't often post
However, I would like to bring up Nidavellir, a mysterious but stunning area of GH that seems to have no purpose but the jotun quest.
That being said, I would love to see a little side world quest line with Nidavellir.
There is so much we don't know about it; like where the two doors by the downward ramps go, who grumlik is, who made Nidavellir? Carved the statues and the passage way through solid rock.
There is even an image of bartleby on the floor.
I would love to know who made Nidavellir (certainly wasn't bears) why they made it and who their society crumbled.
Maybe gods or titans inhabitated Nidavellir.
It obviously didn't happen due to the battle between the ice and fire titan (if such thing actually happened) because there are images of Ymir strangling a dragon.
Why is Nidavellir deserted and overrun by grendels?
I would love to see KI expand on Nidavellir, and would simply quest for the sure to be awesome story line, because this seems to me the most mysterious and interesting area in all of the spiral.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
brightred wrote:
I read these and central message boards frequently but I don't often post
However, I would like to bring up Nidavellir, a mysterious but stunning area of GH that seems to have no purpose but the jotun quest.
That being said, I would love to see a little side world quest line with Nidavellir.
There is so much we don't know about it; like where the two doors by the downward ramps go, who grumlik is, who made Nidavellir? Carved the statues and the passage way through solid rock.
There is even an image of bartleby on the floor.
I would love to know who made Nidavellir (certainly wasn't bears) why they made it and who their society crumbled.
Maybe gods or titans inhabitated Nidavellir.
It obviously didn't happen due to the battle between the ice and fire titan (if such thing actually happened) because there are images of Ymir strangling a dragon.
Why is Nidavellir deserted and overrun by grendels?
I would love to see KI expand on Nidavellir, and would simply quest for the sure to be awesome story line, because this seems to me the most mysterious and interesting area in all of the spiral.

It has a purpose to certain schools in spell questing.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
brightred wrote:

Absolutely! I'll join you in such a side quest, especially if it is a challenge!

I, too, would love to know more about the mystery that is Nidavellir.

According to the divine Wikipedia:

"In Norse mythology, Nidavellir (Dark fields) is one of the Nine Worlds and home of the Dwarves. Hreidmar is the king of Nidavellir."

What's not to love about an addition of dwarves to the storyline?

There are further references related to Nidavellir, one of which mentions "... Snorri Sturluson[1] (1179 – 23 September 1241), an Icelandic historian, poet, and politician". Snorri was his public name. Hmm...I recall a certain bear with a propensity toward philosophy in Northgard...

I think there's a lot of Norse mythology to be introduced into the Grizzleheim and Wintertusk story lines. I would love to see this beautiful place in the Spiral expanded to address all of the Nine Worlds of Norse mythology. Please? Please? Please?

I'll promise to be a member for a very long time.

Qbb/Iridian/Scarlet