Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low level wizards cheating through pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
I have had it! I am tired of low level wizards who use lvl 60 and higher wizards to cheat them through their rank. This is not fair to the people who try to play fair. The people who do that should banned from pvp. Because people who have to pay to play ranked pvp do not appreciate it when they are being cheated. This will make wizards quit playing this game and gives Wizard101 a bad image.

Please post your comments.

Talon EmeraldGarden level 61 myth wizard

Survivor
Mar 22, 2012
I don't understand what you mean. :?
Low level wizards using level 60 wizards? What does it mean?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I'm not sure what you mean by "cheating" since you cannot cheat in this game. At all. You can take advantage of spells, gear, experience and friends.

As for this comment: "This will make wizards quit playing this game and gives Wizard101 a bad image."

I completely disagree. This is PvP and not everyone takes part. And no one is going to quit the whole game over PvP; if they do, they have no idea what the game is actually all about, so let them go.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
m1ch43l14 wrote:
I have had it! I am tired of low level wizards who use lvl 60 and higher wizards to cheat them through their rank. This is not fair to the people who try to play fair. The people who do that should banned from pvp. Because people who have to pay to play ranked pvp do not appreciate it when they are being cheated. This will make wizards quit playing this game and gives Wizard101 a bad image.

we all face challenges and we all try to overcome them
heard of the phrase if ya cant beat them join em
this means do what the enemy does
this may seem cheap but if you cant handle a obsticle then you dont proceed
simple as that

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Ghaladh wrote:
I don't understand what you mean. :?
Low level wizards using level 60 wizards? What does it mean?
The OP is referring to "puppet teams". A low level groups up with a high level, they attract mid levels with the combo. High level wipes out mid levels, easy win. I am no fan of this method either, but I don't see a fix occuring soon. In the mean time, I suggest 1v1.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
m1ch43l14 wrote:

I also think banning people from PvP is a little harsh. What if it isn't in there control? what if a low and high level get teamed together accidentally? I think banning people from PvP would give Wizard101 a bad image, not exploits.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
Let me be a little more clear then. I am really referring to the people who willfully do it. The people who are lazy and do not want to work for the title, just decide to bring one of their high level friends to mix them up with the low level wizards and beat them up to gain points. I don't like that and I think they should at least be suspended from PVP for a short time like a few days or so. I am just concerned for the people that want to enjoy the game.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
m1ch43l14 wrote:

I also think banning people from PvP is a little harsh. What if it isn't in there control? what if a low and high level get teamed together accidentally? I think banning people from PvP would give Wizard101 a bad image, not exploits.
Impossible, puppet teams are always friend join only there is no way a low level wizard would pair up with a legendary and above

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
So you mean a Low Level (by comparison) wizard using a higher level wizard to get an easy win? So?
What if it was an accident? You probably don't even know if there trying to pair up with a high level! The Ranked PvP mechanism works on Rank and Level, so if it happens that at that moment the closest levels to you are a level 25 and a level 57, and both at the same PvP rank as you, then it picks them.

I really don't see how this can be fixed (banning them won't solve anything), nor do I see why this is such a big problem.

Also, it is practically impossible to cheat in this game. There really is no way to "cheat". Take advantage of a good deal. Yes. Use an oppurtunity to your advantage. Yes. Cheating? No.
Just wanted to clear that up.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2009
I kind of agree because sometimes I fight a lower wizard with a wizard with high critical rating or some such high level and lost. I am not a big fan of pvp and don't use the rank badges but I have to say that anyone should have the right to be on anyone's team. ( such as it is now) If they are friends I can see why. If you listen to what your saying, you want higher wizards to not be capable of playing with lower wizards. That may benefit you but think of the lower wizard step in their shoes. If my friend was a high level and wanted to help me but couldn't that wouldn't be fair. So your only thinking about the benefit of YOU. It may seem fair to you but what about the other players? So I agree with the way it is now that anyone has the right to be on anyone's team. I don't mean to be rude but it has to be fair to everyone. If they are too high level for you then just join practice matches, wait to be a higher level, or try your best. It's not completely their fault you can't win. you just have to become a higher level, thats that.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
I did it a couple time and one time I failed lost to level 30s

These people were smart this is what they did..

They were prepared for a level 60+ to use a temp or lord..
The puppet (newbies) bladed the 60+
They were first too, one person used a treasure beaguile on me then I started losing pips and hurting my puppet
Next they started using an efreet a bunch of times (level 30s can treasure, dont forget [never])
Then the death stopped using beaguile and started spamming feints.. then when the fire had 6 power pips and 1 regular pip.. and 2 blades with 3 feints.. I DIED

It is not really "cheating"

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
m1ch43l14 wrote:

Save it you know that it is in there control and not a "accident"!puppet teams are a cheap way of ranking a low level player, and no they should not be banned from PvP should be banned from the game! but seeing as how puppet teams are not cheating then it is fair,just a flaw in the game thats all,needs fixing but seeing how KI working on pirates101 i dont see them fixing anything in wizard101 any more they got a new toy to play with.
Let just hope they don't forget us wizards and that they will still take care of us.

M.RedBlood Death School

Defender
May 15, 2010
I have only done this once trying to get gear for my death wizard before realizing, uh, how is this helping me? We ended up tying due to both people have DoT spells on them, the "puppets" dead. And then the so called puppet was healed, though I wasn't. And then I realized I may have been being used, but I may not have been. After that, he went to his death wizard to train it.

Usually my life noob wins 1v1. Life at initiate and other levels around there are unbeatable in 1v1. I don't defeat them. Wanna know how I usually win? I usually actually just heal so much the other person gives up and flees. Or maybe he just runs out of cards.

Both of the methods I have explained are of my life wizard taking advantages. The reason you were telling us, didn't work and we all lost points. I only pvp for the gear, though, so I don't care much. What I am saying is that there isn't much way to cheat PvP. The closest thing are advantages, and as a natural instinct of human beings, we take them! It is natural! The only things I find cheating are spamming treasures. This isn't advantage but not actually cheating. I once said don't compare wild bolt with judgement. Once my life was almost ranked to a rank that i wanted. Then I got a certain someone multiple times in a row. This wizard always used full pip judgements. So I was planning to heal, right? He repeatedly got one hit kills. Or victories and losses, as the appropiate term would be.

With the end of that last paragraph brings up another message. I think that when you take out a treasure in PvP. If you aren't the level in which you would be allowed to use the actual spell, it should be faded, and not be able to used. Even though it would mean I would have to stop my sanctuaries with my journey to warlord on my life, it would help many others, and I will admit, even me, despite the disadvantages, too. Too many commas there?

Fear is a natural instinct, and a weakness. Fears should be treated, and all persons shall strive to face them with courage, and justice for their beliefs.

-Valkoor Skullspear, Master of Death