Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

POLL: Dye new lvl 65 and 70 Crown Gear?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
I'm just curious, and I'm sure KI is to..On how many people actually WANT to be able to dye the new lvl 65 and lvl 70 crown gear (With the school symbols).

Personally, I've got 8 sets of those clothes JUST for stitching, but they got lucky on me since I was hooked right when I saw them. But of course I want to dye them!!! As do many others..

I've talked to a lot of friends who say, "Yes, I'm interested in the clothes, But I will not buy them until you can dye them"

So were going to start a little poll here: Leave a comment saying IF or IF NOT you want to be able to dye the clothes, also give a short explanation of why we should be able to dye the clothes.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
skier339 wrote:
I'm just curious, and I'm sure KI is to..On how many people actually WANT to be able to dye the new lvl 65 and lvl 70 crown gear (With the school symbols).

Personally, I've got 8 sets of those clothes JUST for stitching, but they got lucky on me since I was hooked right when I saw them. But of course I want to dye them!!! As do many others..

I've talked to a lot of friends who say, "Yes, I'm interested in the clothes, But I will not buy them until you can dye them"

So were going to start a little poll here: Leave a comment saying IF or IF NOT you want to be able to dye the clothes, also give a short explanation of why we should be able to dye the clothes.

yeah we so should be able to dye it. a lot more people would buy it if it was dyeable.... all of the other clothes are dyeable so why shouldn't these be?

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
It would be nice to have that option. Whether we choose to do so, that's another matter entirely.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
Honestly crown bought gear isn't all that good. Get WW gear or crafted gear then you can do whatever you want. I wouldn't even waste crowns on the gear.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
Personally I hope the only things they let us dye are the school clothes that are not available as boss drops. I worked very hard to get the drops as I am sure many people have, these are items that are rare and should not be able to be just bought and dyed when so many of us worked so hard to get them!

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
Heather824 wrote:
Honestly crown bought gear isn't all that good. Get WW gear or crafted gear then you can do whatever you want. I wouldn't even waste crowns on the gear.

If you took one stroll around the arena, Many people have bought those sets JUST for the looks, As have I.

And yeah the stats kinda stink..But that's not the point here.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
Whitesquall wrote:
Personally I hope the only things they let us dye are the school clothes that are not available as boss drops. I worked very hard to get the drops as I am sure many people have, these are items that are rare and should not be able to be just bought and dyed when so many of us worked so hard to get them!

They are bought as a huge price, 12,500k is 25$ dollars, which is about the same as farming them for free, If you throw in the hard work. So they should let us color BOTH.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
[
They are bought as a huge price, 12,500k is 25$ dollars, which is about the same as farming them for free, If you throw in the hard work. So they should let us color BOTH.

Well I have and can buy them if I want, ( bought the ice because the hat for ice is not available as a drop ) that is not the point I am making, I just think things that are farmed should be unique items and not available from the crown shop. Farming is long grueling work sometimes and should be rewarded.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
Yes, yes. There was been a lot of complain on Wizard101 Central about this issue. The huge majority of us think they should let us dye the gear, specially the Splendid Attire that have the pretty stars and moons designs on them. A small group of players claim this gear should never be make dye-able because it was only avaliable until the release of Dragonspyre and that KingsIsle is not letting us dye them to keep them "rare".

I personally disagre, because doing that KingsIsle would be supporting a limited circle of players that played before the release of Dragonspyre, favoring a small group of players that want to keep this gear between a few who bought it in the original release, would something very rude of KingsIsle. However, this is clearly not the case because KingsIsle did released the Elven Attire, a set that holds the Master(for boys) and Royal(for girls) designs and have opitions to dye in any color. Also they're touching the Astral and Master designs again with the Splendid and Stringstep attires, something they wouldn't do if there was supporting this supposted group of players, this would be povoking who doesn't take the old gear.

Before I forget, there're many players that bought the Astral, Master and Royal designed pieces of gear in their original release and want this gear to be made dye-able for stitching reasons.

I would like to point the most recent thread on Central, where the discussion on this matter is currently focused, the link is below:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279270

~~Ravino

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
skier339 wrote:
Heather824 wrote:

If you took one stroll around the arena, Many people have bought those sets JUST for the looks, As have I.

And yeah the stats kinda stink..But that's not the point here.

Just for looks? dude some people cant even buy one crown and people just waste 12,500 crowns just for looks. That's really sad...