Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

true balance disgrace

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 13, 2011
i once met some balance guy saying i was weak (im lvl 62). believe it or not, he even told me im a disgrace to balance. i checked back and saw that balance wizards are wise, clever and charming. plus, im good at other things, like pet collecting, maze making and working on a house. guess whos the disgrace of balance now? have anyone else had something like that?

Quinn IronSword. proud owner of a leviathan

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Try not to let this behavior upset you and know it is becoming more common, playing defensively isn't only for the monsters now.

My husband who just started playing a few months ago has run into these sort of people a few times and he gets very upset and signs off the game immediately. If I am with him I ward off the offender and put them in their place. Mainly now he quests only with me and we both have friends turned off. We always quest together and by our selves and still run into these abusive people now and then. He's been called weak for not using a spell his level hadn't even gotten yet and reported for not being someones friend who joined our fight in Zafaria when we were almost finished with it and begged excessively, spammed him with friend requests to be friended and said good I reported you now after my husband said no.

Unfortunately as the player base has increased so have the instances of unfriendly people. It is no surprise that more of the people who were on the game prior to it's popularity are choosing to solo the game, I am one.

Most friends you make now want you: to gift them, give them your treasure cards, be their girl/boy, help them but they will never help you or belittle you about how you play the game to make them selves feel better.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
marolin23 wrote:
i once met some balance guy saying i was weak (im lvl 62). believe it or not, he even told me im a disgrace to balance. i checked back and saw that balance wizards are wise, clever and charming. plus, im good at other things, like pet collecting, maze making and working on a house. guess whos the disgrace of balance now? have anyone else had something like that?

I think the guy who said this to you is the real disgrace. Unfortunately, the internet gives people a false sense of anonymity, and they'll say nasty things that they'd never dream of saying to someone's face.

I'm a transcended Balance wiz, and people still call me weak. When I was level 50, I tried PvP and was promptly told that, "Balance wasn't meant for PvP- you'll never win, so just leave now". I also don't like people who insist that I keep passing and let them kill the monsters. My response to this? I usually just save my pips and use my mad skillz to take out the opponent myself, while letting the other person get defeated.

We might not have Storm's power, Life's healing abilities, blah blah... but, as the name of our school suggests, we are the perfect balance of all things. ;)

El Veeb/Laura Shadowsong
transcended sorceress

Survivor
May 09, 2011
for me most of the people i have met have been nice those that are not i don't have as friends and if you are doing your best you cannot and never will be a disgrace. the only comparison you should make is to yourself not to others.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I'm a transcended Balance.

I know at lower levels, it was more difficult for my Balance wizard because the spells were not that powerful.

However, as I leveled up into the 60's, and was able to improve my damage by quite a bit, I did better than many of the other schools.

Balance is able to use a bit of all the schools. The perfect example is Hydra and Chimera. Depending on what I'm fighting, I can switch fighting tactics. If I'm fighting Ice/Fire/Storm, I'll use Chimera. If I'm fighting Death/Life/Myth, my Hydra comes into play.

I'm lucky that I didn't have the problems of people saying I was weak. If anything, everyone wanted to see Hydra, Ra, and Chimera in action. And, at a damage increase of 67% (without blades or traps), I did pretty well and got a lot of "oohs" and "ahs".

So, hang in there. Balance is not as weak as those people say ...... :)

Besides, most of the players are kids, and many were not taught manners.

"If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it"

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
I certainly believe all schools have their strengths (And weaknesses). We've all come across someone who wants to feel their particualr school/wizard is superior in all ways over the others. And again, its the internet lending them the feeling they can say/do whatever they like because they don't have to look the other person in the face. Its a shame some seem to (attempt) to get a little power trip by behaving in such a manner.
I have transcended balance, myth, death, and ice wizards. They can have some awesome attacks and some less than stellar failures too. It all comes down to how we play our wizard as to how strong/weak they are.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
brwac wrote:
Try not to let this behavior upset you and know it is becoming more common, playing defensively isn't only for the monsters now.

My husband who just started playing a few months ago has run into these sort of people a few times and he gets very upset and signs off the game immediately. If I am with him I ward off the offender and put them in their place. Mainly now he quests only with me and we both have friends turned off. We always quest together and by our selves and still run into these abusive people now and then. He's been called weak for not using a spell his level hadn't even gotten yet and reported for not being someones friend who joined our fight in Zafaria when we were almost finished with it and begged excessively, spammed him with friend requests to be friended and said good I reported you now after my husband said no.

Unfortunately as the player base has increased so have the instances of unfriendly people. It is no surprise that more of the people who were on the game prior to it's popularity are choosing to solo the game, I am one.

Most friends you make now want you: to gift them, give them your treasure cards, be their girl/boy, help them but they will never help you or belittle you about how you play the game to make them selves feel better.

Brwac, Just have your husband use that Ignore button.

My husband is thinking about joining me in playing this game and that is going to be the first thing I will make sure he knows about.

I also do a lot solo or run both of my accounts at the same time when I need help with a quest. Mainly just for the same reasons.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
People like this make the game horrible, i even once thought of quiting MMOs forever. Thank you Wizard101 for giving me something to hold on to. :)

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
the player who says you are weak or a bad player
are most often talking about them selves

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Agreed AstroStorm.

As a matter of fact, that is EXACTLY what made me quit FFXI online, and WoW online.

When the games were relatively new, everything was for the most part very friendly, people played together. Unfortunately, even with Wizard101, once people get to the highest levels, unlock highest level carfting or gardening, people get snooty, condescending, and generally very unpleasant to hang around with.

The fact that I see this trend in Wizard101 is what makes this whole situation really unfortunate. I mean, with all the things that happen around the world, including in MMO's, I am honestly ashamed to be part of the human race. We can't even get along together. Shoot, just watch the news.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Agreed AstroStorm.

As a matter of fact, that is EXACTLY what made me quit FFXI online, and WoW online.

When the games were relatively new, everything was for the most part very friendly, people played together. Unfortunately, even with Wizard101, once people get to the highest levels, unlock highest level carfting or gardening, people get snooty, condescending, and generally very unpleasant to hang around with.

The fact that I see this trend in Wizard101 is what makes this whole situation really unfortunate. I mean, with all the things that happen around the world, including in MMO's, I am honestly ashamed to be part of the human race. We can't even get along together. Shoot, just watch the news.

Imagine if the players could just get along, great games like these would be so much more pleasant to be around.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Agreed AstroStorm.

I couldn't agree more, Shiningfantasia.

The sad part is, I'm a transcended (transcendent?) wizard, with all of my badges in gardening and crafting (except legendary artisan, which I'm working on)... and I /still/have this problem. When I'm farming, or even questing in the high-level worlds, I stay out of other people's fights and just create my own. Reason being: I've seen so many complaints on these boards, from legendary/transcended wizards who don't want *anyone* joining in their battles.

Don't get me wrong- I get upset when, if I'm running around Zafaria, someone joins my fight and flees, goes AFK, or worse- if someone drags in another monster, right as I've just gotten my parting shots in and am about to die (if you do that, you owe me). But I have nothing against smart/polite players joining in. When I was in Dragonspyre, I had a low-level friend (who was the same school as me) port into my fight by mistake- he apologized, didn't flee, and was actually quite helpful. :)

"Professional" gamers (people who have been playing multiple MMOs since the dawn of time and/or engage in tons of PvP) are the worst for this. Their attitudes are exactly as you've described- condescending, rude, and generally unpleasant to deal with. And people wonder why I'd rather solo than group up with anyone...

Case in point:

I farmed Waterworks the other day, with a group of level 60-somethings- 2 of them were really nice/smart players, but one was loud, obnoxious, and just plain rude. She kept TYPING IN CAPS-LOCK and swearing creatively at everyone- then, when one of my AOEs criticaled, she called me a showoff and started berating the other players for not being able to do the same... Fortunately, she left halfway through, and the remaining 3 of us were actually able to have fun. :)

I think that KI needs to create extra sigils when entering dungeons... one for each wizard over level 60, plus an extra spot for his/her ginormous ego, as required.

L.S.
transcended sorceress without a superiority complex.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
vonawesome1 wrote:
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Agreed AstroStorm.

The sad part is, I'm a transcended (transcendent?) wizard, with all of my badges in gardening and crafting (except legendary artisan, which I'm working on)... and I /still/have this problem. When I'm farming, or even questing in the high-level worlds, I stay out of other people's fights and just create my own. Reason being: I've seen so many complaints on these boards, from legendary/transcended wizards who don't want *anyone* joining in their battles.

Don't get me wrong- I get upset when, if I'm running around Zafaria, someone joins my fight and flees, goes AFK, or worse- if someone drags in another monster, right as I've just gotten my parting shots in and am about to die (if you do that, you owe me). But I have nothing against smart/polite players joining in. When I was in Dragonspyre, I had a low-level friend (who was the same school as me) port into my fight by mistake- he apologized, didn't flee, and was actually quite helpful. :)

"Professional" gamers (people who have been playing multiple MMOs since the dawn of time and/or engage in tons of PvP) are the worst for this. Their attitudes are exactly as you've described- condescending, rude, and generally unpleasant to deal with. And people wonder why I'd rather solo than group up with anyone...

Case in point:

I farmed Waterworks the other day, with a group of level 60-somethings- 2 of them were really nice/smart players, but one was loud, obnoxious, and just plain rude. She kept TYPING IN CAPS-LOCK and swearing creatively at everyone- then, when one of my AOEs criticaled, she called me a showoff and started berating the other players for not being able to do the same... Fortunately, she left halfway through, and the remaining 3 of us were actually able to have fun. :)

I think that KI needs to create extra sigils when entering dungeons... one for each wizard over level 60, plus an extra spot for his/her ginormous ego, as required.

L.S.

People who are new to MMOs are usually innocent and nice. Those who have been playing forever need to grow some pride and dignity for themselves and act as examples for the new players.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
AstroStorm wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Agreed AstroStorm.

Case in point:

L.S.

People who are new to MMOs are usually innocent and nice. Those who have been playing forever need to grow some pride and dignity for themselves and act as examples for the new players.

ikr. at first their like "im gonna beat this!" and when they get all pro, their like "go away! we dont have time for noobs!". veterans should be more like us, but remember, nice people are more powerful than mean people. the mean ones dont get friends but the nice ones do and you know what they say, safety in numbers

Survivor
Apr 23, 2012
marolin23 wrote:

Remember, people tend to see their own weaknesses in others first.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
AstroStorm wrote:

I agree with your statement, but feel obligated to add to it. By most people's standards, I'm probably still a noob, because:

1. this is my first, and only, MMO (and will probably always be).
2. I've only been playing for a year and a bit, and
3. I don't PvP.

I consider myself to be a "nice" player, because I remember what it was like when I first started out, and keep that in mind when I'm interacting with new/low-level/inexperienced players (within reason). If a level 30 friend ports in as I'm doing a number on Malistaire, and asks me to help him farm for his level 50 gear, I won't say no... One, because I actually don't mind hanging around there, and two, because that's what friends do- they help each other.

Though level has no bearing on what kind of a player someone is, most legendary & transcended wizards seem to forget that they started out as little guys, too. Therefore, I fail to understand how acting like a jerk and telling everyone to stay out of my combat circles accomplishes anything.

L.S.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
marolin23 wrote:

If you're not a disgrace to Balance, then what I'd do is prove it. Just letting people think you're weak is a (no offense) disgrace, so you should either:
A: Ask that person for a 1v1
A2: If they don't accept, try to taunt them to pvp
B: "The real disgrace is the person that can tell one"
A3: If they accept, and if you win, don't brag or rub it in to the person's face
A4: If you lose, then just accept the fact that you are weak and need to train, then add the person, and train, then fight the person later on.

If you do accept yourself as a weakling, (Which is good), just don't think that you'll never improve, the more you find weak about yourself, the stronger you get.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
I really don't feel there would be a need to pvp to prove anything. Personally, I don't like pvp. I have to admit that my train of thought/attention is frequently derailed, so it gets a bit boring after a few rounds. So some could say that I'm a disgrace at pvp. I'm fine with that. It doesn't bother me.

The point I'm trying to make is that you don't have to do a thing to prove to anyone. The person who said you were a disgrace was the disgraceful one (as many in this forum have stated).

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Champion
Feb 03, 2012
joujou11cool wrote:
marolin23 wrote:

If you're not a disgrace to Balance, then what I'd do is prove it. Just letting people think you're weak is a (no offense) disgrace, so you should either:
A3: If they accept, and if you win, don't brag or rub it in to the person's face
A4: If you lose, then just accept the fact that you are weak and need to train, then add the person, and train, then fight the person later on.

If you do accept yourself as a weakling, (Which is good), just don't think that you'll never improve, the more you find weak about yourself, the stronger you get.

The real sign of strength is not of power or victory, it's controlling, understanding, and acceptting your power as it is. Too little faith will destroy you, too much will blind you, if you can know the limits of your power, then you have full understanding. In pvp i tend to think of us as equals first then see as the battle progresses.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:
marolin23 wrote:

true balance wizards dont use violence to solve their problems if they can get away from it

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
true balance wizards dont use violence to solve their problems if they can get away from it

Actually, pvp isn't violence. PvP was made by kingsisle, and wizard101 is still a kid-friendly game. So, it's not violence at all. PvP does help solve who's stronger then the other, which could end the little argument of a disgrace. Ending an argument with a friendly challenge is good, but either biting back or talking back could result into an argument.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
The real sign of strength is not of power or victory, it's controlling, understanding, and acceptting your power as it is. Too little faith will destroy you, too much will blind you, if you can know the limits of your power, then you have full understanding. In pvp i tend to think of us as equals first then see as the battle progresses.

That's what pvp is for, is it not? PvP helps you understand all of those, as it teaches you. "There is no limit, just keep on going." There's no such thing as a limit to power Showing which is more powerful in a duel is the correct way, because it's a test of:
Strategy
Deck-setup
Battle plan
Timing
And also, sportsmanship. PvP does help solve things, you know. There is a possible way to control Spectral Blast (I know how, but will not say), so that's a test of control. Understanding how your opponent plays is another one, but what you should never do is believe that you've reached a limit, because if you think that, then you refuse to go any higher.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
joujou11cool wrote:

That's what pvp is for, is it not? PvP helps you understand all of those, as it teaches you. "There is no limit, just keep on going." There's no such thing as a limit to power Showing which is more powerful in a duel is the correct way, because it's a test of:
Strategy
Deck-setup
Battle plan
Timing
And also, sportsmanship. PvP does help solve things, you know. There is a possible way to control Spectral Blast (I know how, but will not say), so that's a test of control. Understanding how your opponent plays is another one, but what you should never do is believe that you've reached a limit, because if you think that, then you refuse to go any higher.

I was refering to inner strength, when it comes to outer strength, what you said what right.

Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
marolin23 wrote:

I had a level 70 person call me a noob when I was 62