Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Second school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2011
Just a quick question/survey. Other than the Astral spells, do you really use your second (or third..) school with regularity?? As a lvl 70 Necromancer I trained in Life for my second school and actually never use it. A satyr once in a great while but that's it, so I was just curious for other perspectives.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Lordaria wrote:
Just a quick question/survey. Other than the Astral spells, do you really use your second (or third..) school with regularity?? As a lvl 70 Necromancer I trained in Life for my second school and actually never use it. A satyr once in a great while but that's it, so I was just curious for other perspectives.

On my first wizard, Life, I did some Balance spells and Death to Feint, Balance spells accept for the blades from Niles were dropped in Mooshu as I could gear up for more power pips, Feint was dropped some where in Celestia. Due to not getting a all around spell till level 58 Feint helped me take down bosses easier and I soloed a lot. On all the future wizards I do no secondary schools that don't enhance my regular schools spells and it has been working out very well. Be true to your school. I end up using less then 10 training points total, I do the blades from Niles and Sun spells though Colossus.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I'm a level 70 Balance wizard, who trained both Fire (to Helephant) and Death (to Wraith); at this point, the only spell from either of those that I still use is *one* copy of Glacial Shield, just because it blocks more damage (70%) than my own (50%).

That said, my sorcerer was my first wizard, so I didn't really know what I was doing back then... I'd buy back her training-points now, except that it now costs almost 10,000 crowns to do so (seems kind of a waste, IMO).

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
My highest wizard is a transcended Balance. The second school is Storm, and third school is Life.

I will pop in a couple extra Life health spells if I'm doing a big boss or mega dungeon, but otherwise, I use my Balance spells.

I used to use my Storm spells at lower levels (till around level 60), as Balance attacks are very weak. Once I was able to greatly improve my Balance damage rating, I stuck with that.

I'll be doing the same thing with my other wizards. Right now, I have an Ice at level 53, and I'm using ice spells more and more. The second school is Death. But, if I do come up against an ice opponent (and there's no guarantee the prism will come up when needed), I switch to my Death deck, which I have an amulet for.

Defender
Jan 25, 2012
my first school is death. I've actually made two separate school decks. my second school is storm so i have a deck with only death card and deck with only storm card. mostly i use my death deck(i have high attack and defense in death) but if I'm going against a death boos who has known resistance to death, i switch to my storm deck