Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which quest did you have a hard time with?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 12, 2013
All the quests that you have to collect something, when half the time it says did not collect! So frusterating!

Survivor
Nov 10, 2012
When I was a lower level, It was Golem Tower. But now I have a noob and I'm scared to it again. XD
Kymma Firestone Lengendary
Kymma Owl Apprentice

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
Keira Dreamleaf on May 3, 2012 wrote:
The hardest quest for me was in cl, but not trial of the spheres! it was the quest with the two wolves in the Floating land. Gosh, it was so hard, i even stoped cl and left for wt! then still, at lvl 58, i couldn't do it! I finnaly got 3 wizards to do it with me. It was harder than trial of the spheres!

Keira Dreamleaf lvl 64 Diviner
Oh my gosh same!!! It took me aaages so do that quest and I died so many times!! I kept thinking, Alex, these are two simple bosses. Why can't you smash them? But it was just so difficult! Eventually managed it though :P

Sierra Ashblood, Legendary

(Alex is my name - Sierra is my awesome in-game name XD)

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
I had a hard time defeating fire lion ravengers and collecting 8 spears in the savanah. It took me 2 hours

Survivor
Jan 21, 2012
Definitely when I first did the Throne Room of Fire dungeon. I got into Krokotopia at level 13 or 14 as a death wizard. I kept getting really far, and then on the last boss I would die. I was soloing it over and over again until my friend asked if I wanted help and we defeated it together easily. (I was also at a higher level because I had been doing a lot of side quests). Now I have done the dungeon multiple times and beaten it solo multiple times. I am much farther in Krokotopia now (soloing it). I have been doing a lot of side quests and I have to say that another really hard one is Colossus Boulevard (I soloed it at level 18 death wizard). A word of advice, if I were you, I would do half of Colossus Boulevard, go onto Krokotopia and side quests, and come back at a higher level for the rest, when you get up to it.

-Oran Thunderthorn Level 25

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
Mine would either be sunken city or throne room of fire. I heard that sunken city is way easier with other people, but the first time i tried it, I was with two people. I use crowns to access areas, and i was out of crowns, so i had to go back and buy more. I have had to do it solo all the other times, and never finish it. Throne room of fire because i am and Krokokammon was immune to my attacks. My secondary school was , so I only had one good damage spell [ i was only lvl 20] and that only worked with a prisim. but when i did it with a friend, it was so much easier. so my advice is do dungeons with friends. -Malorn Ravenfriend 25 and Jacob Starshield 11

Survivor
Jan 21, 2012
I am really surprised on how many people had a hard time with GolemTower! I mean, It is so easy! I'm level 25 and with a higher level friend of mine (not that much higher) we fought and defeated a 4000 health boss with two 850 health minions. We came out of it,with almost full health and you guys are telling me that you can't beat golem tower? The final boss has only 150 health and his henchman has 125. I soloed it when I was level 8 and beat it. It isn't that hard, I mean, now I have soloed an 1000 health boss with a 375 in GH.
Hopefully everyone who commented how hard Golem Tower is, has found out how really easy it actually is.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2013
It's either Sunken City or Golem Tower

Survivor
Jun 12, 2013
There are two quests that I am having a hard time with. "Find the Smiths" and the golem tower one. I found the Unicorn Way Smith and the Golem Court Smith, but none others. And because i have only 900 health and no elixers, i get defeated by the second round of clockwork golems.

Jack MythBane , lvl 11, Undead Hunter

Survivor
May 24, 2013
slurred on Apr 22, 2012 wrote:
For me it's golem tower. once i came very close but i clicked the wrong spell and it fizzled and then the guy uses the thunder snake spell and i died. :? i'm still having a hard time with it. and then there's this quest you get from prospector (sp?) zeke to find the smiths and its like finding a needle in a haystack.
waterworks took me 50 tries to get all gear

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
akitahbird on Jun 25, 2012 wrote:
Sunken city. I'm a level 43 and in DS, but sunken city is still the hardest. I tried to solo it today, and I got all the way to grubb. I had him and one of his minions dead, and I only had one left. We were both on our last scraps on health. I fizzled, and the thing killed me. Perfect. Just perfect. If this thing can not be soloed by a level 43 life wizard, it is way too hard.
Me too, but i'm still stuck on the first part with the banshee's. i've done everything i can and yet, i'm just a soar loser. i can't beat a low leveled quest.

sophia dreambreeze, level 23

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
Plenty of hard spots for me. I would have to say though, Big Ben was extremely difficult for me at the point I was at. To many floors to stay interested. I was doing it with my brother, and after he spilled the milk bottle, it became even harder . It was worth it in the end, though, because I got the spiral key to Mooshu!

Emmaline Iceshard
Lvl. 48 Master Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
For me, my hard-time quests are:

Wizard City: Lost Lieutenant (Briskbreeze Tower)

Krokotopia: I Call Your Name (Sothmekhmet (Efreet Spell Quest) )

Marleybone: Swimming with Stars (Estrakir Gloomthorn)

MooShu: Positively Absolutely (Fighting Mika Sharka (Getting the Avalon Spiral Key) )

Dragonspyre: Stop the Advance (Fight Firevein (Fire Boss that roams around) and Tamris (Storm Boss that roams around) )

Celestia: Armed to the Gills (Fight Glauco + Angler Warlord)

Zafaria: Do I Look Fat In This? (Black Palace)

Avalon: Owls of a Feather (White Owl Tower)

Grizzleheim/Wintertusk: The Magic Flute (Defeat Dulin's Band in Nastrond)

I'm only about halfway through The Wild in Avalon, so I might come across harder quests later in the storyline. Based on that, I haven't unlocked Azteca yet.

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
bater56 on Jul 5, 2012 wrote:
the hardest one is the golem tower i keep on dieing i never make it to the last golem well i just wait till i get a higher leval i might not get it for a while from bradly trollpants myth leval 17
heres a big tip fill up your potions thats the reason i beat it

jack skullbreeze master of fire

Survivor
Aug 04, 2012
I would say Cyrus Drake is the hardest because, he has 5,000 life. But, for the early Wizard City, I would say
Sunken City

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Meaowrity. Lucky I was with a level 90. If I did that solo, I would be gone on the second fight.
*months later* final boss, cl. One word- hard. Oh and Malistare.
Molly65

Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
mine was doing the tower of the helephant. I had to solo it cause none of my friends would help me!
-and my brother is only lv 41

Survivor
Jun 22, 2012
RavenLady777 on Jun 22, 2012 wrote:
The Final Countdown; basically the whole dungeon you have to do leading up to the duel with Malestaire. I play solo most of the time. I have never been able to solo that whole thing. *sigh*
ok get your character to lvl cap then solo it it fun watching mali crumble

Survivor
Jun 22, 2012
i have to swimming with the stars and the tower of the helephant

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Defender
Aug 08, 2012
Sean EarthSong on Sep 5, 2012 wrote:
Golem Tower by FAR. That is the hardest in Wizard City. I just got my membership so I am not a high level yet.

Sean Earthsong Level 10 Fire
Wait till Sunken City. That's really hard, even when I tried to solo it at around level 40. I barely made it out of the first tower.

Jasmine Rainbowdreamer level 46
Brianna Lionheart level 19
Mackenzie Fireleaf level 10
Paige Duskheart level 9
Grace Pearlflower level 8
Austin Hawkcatcher level 2

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
oren8er180304 on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
I am really surprised on how many people had a hard time with GolemTower! I mean, It is so easy! I'm level 25 and with a higher level friend of mine (not that much higher) we fought and defeated a 4000 health boss with two 850 health minions. We came out of it,with almost full health and you guys are telling me that you can't beat golem tower? The final boss has only 150 health and his henchman has 125. I soloed it when I was level 8 and beat it. It isn't that hard, I mean, now I have soloed an 1000 health boss with a 375 in GH.
Hopefully everyone who commented how hard Golem Tower is, has found out how really easy it actually is.
We have different minds. At their level they fizz and they only have 1 potion for the whole thing. And that boss in GH doesn't sound too hard for about all schools except life and death (No AoE). In fact for fire all you need is a bladed meteor strike to defeat the minion and put the boss at low life. And at my balance's level he had to solo a 7,500 health boss without a minion and no critical (It was painful but I had 2,000 damage judgement hit and a 500 per head hydra hit. And if you want to push yourself to your limits try soloing big ben (Not fun to solo I speak from experience). And at the final boss in golem I took 400 damage the second round so I killed the boss then Minion took me out.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
Don't laugh guys, but when i was in KT (Krokotopia), 50 odd levels ago, I got beaten by Akori Nirini 17 times in a row! Wolf IceRider - A Lover of Balance -

Defender
May 29, 2013
The Lost Lieutenant quest, where you have to go through a dungeon in Colossus Boulevard. It's not trouble to get through the first 9 levels. The 10th level, though, is insane. That is the most cheating boss ever
When that guy told me the boss cheats, I thought it was gonna be like the star weak move that hits all, or the shield breaking out of turn, or stunning out of turn. but no, he casts everything in the book out of turn.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
Malistaire in Dragonspyre. I'm a level 50 solo player and unable to complete the dungeon quest because of playing solo. This is a problem because I can't move on to Celestia without completing Malistaire. I don't mind finding and fighting my way but I can't do the locks alone - this part really needs to be removed from the quest so solo players can get to the next world, no matter how difficult the fight.
Oh well