Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can Not Connect to Server Error

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
Ok so here is the deal. I've read lots of posts about this. And some say its someones computer problem. And others say they are having the issue too. Well my husband and I play on the same internet connection and new computers. While he has this error almost every 30-45 minutes I rarely get it. He has cleaned his cache and whole computer and there is no improvement. It is now gotten to be so often some worlds seem worse than others and server choice has no effect on the error that he so frustrated he may quit playing. What good is a membership if you can not stay connected to the game especially if it is not a problem on your end...
If anyone has any new suggestions other than the usual ones which we have already ruled out it would be appreciated. Again we both play on the same connection I do not really get the can not connect to server error but he gets it at least twice per hour.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Heather824 wrote:
Ok so here is the deal. I've read lots of posts about this. And some say its someones computer problem. And others say they are having the issue too. Well my husband and I play on the same internet connection and new computers. While he has this error almost every 30-45 minutes I rarely get it. He has cleaned his cache and whole computer and there is no improvement. It is now gotten to be so often some worlds seem worse than others and server choice has no effect on the error that he so frustrated he may quit playing. What good is a membership if you can not stay connected to the game especially if it is not a problem on your end...
If anyone has any new suggestions other than the usual ones which we have already ruled out it would be appreciated. Again we both play on the same connection I do not really get the can not connect to server error but he gets it at least twice per hour.

1.) Have you contacted support with information from your husband's computer?

2.) The fact your not having any problems, but your husband's computer is, doesn't sound like it's on KI's end (especially since millions of other wizards are not having the same problem either). The fact your not having any problems, doesn't sound like your having internet issues either. KI needs your husband's computer information to understand what the problem is.

3.) A new computer does not always equal optimal playing experience. Potentially, a new computer could fall below minimum specifications required to play Wizard101 or certain components of the computer (drivers, graphics, audio, etc). KI can assist you in determining what the problem is.