Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

?Ice > < balance?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2010
well, i've been doing a lot of research and trying to figure this out.
i have played both ice and balance, and really, i don't know what one i want to play more!

ice has greater health and tower shield along with multi stun and single stun, higher rank buffs then balance ect...

balance has similar health, many universal buffs and traps and all school shields.
however, the buffs they have can be used by everyone else in 2v2 or more making it hard to get full damage off.

ice attack is lower then balance AND has a lower hit rate. pets can always give accuracy so that's no problem.

can anyone help me out here? i just can't decide! :(

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
wolflord76 wrote:
i have played both ice and balance, and really, i don't know what one i want to play more!

ice has greater health and tower shield along with multi stun and single stun, higher rank buffs then balance ect...

balance has similar health, many universal buffs and traps and all school shields.
however, the buffs they have can be used by everyone else in 2v2 or more making it hard to get full damage off.

ice attack is lower then balance AND has a lower hit rate. pets can always give accuracy so that's no problem.

I don't do PvP at all, but for game play, I much prefer Ice over Balance. Maybe I just don't get the nuances of Balance, but I've never taken a Balance wizard all the far. My Ice wizard is approaching level 64 and I love her. :)

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
well, i'm ice, and for me, grizzleheim and wintertusk was a nightmare. every other boss was ice, so i spent a lot of time using prisms.
on the other hand, krokotopia was really hard for my balance wizard.
in the end, i'd say ice, cause you get more health, shields, and balance doesn't have a prism.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, you have 6 available seats, so you can make 6 different wizards. Now, if the other schools are taking up the other 5 seats, and you must choose between Balance or Ice for the last and final seat, I say flip a coin.

Both schools are awesome and a lot of fun to play.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
wolflord76 wrote:

I am having the same debate, I decided to move forward with the Ice finally.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
My Balance is level 70 and my Ice is level 53.

I had a hard time with Balance until I hit level 60+, then it was more fun to play, because I was able to finally get a good damage boost, which really helps Hydra, Ra, and Chimera, with their attacks.

So far, I'm having more fun with my Ice. Now, this could be because I've already experienced all the worlds and knew what to expect, and use better strategy. I seem to have an easier time defeating the 'enemy'.

I also have Myth, Death, Fire, and Storm wizards, but so far, Ice seems to win .....

:)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
QueQueg wrote:
My Balance is level 70 and my Ice is level 53.

I had a hard time with Balance until I hit level 60+, then it was more fun to play, because I was able to finally get a good damage boost, which really helps Hydra, Ra, and Chimera, with their attacks.

So far, I'm having more fun with my Ice. Now, this could be because I've already experienced all the worlds and knew what to expect, and use better strategy. I seem to have an easier time defeating the 'enemy'.

I also have Myth, Death, Fire, and Storm wizards, but so far, Ice seems to win .....

:)

I agree with you about Balance. Getting Shadowsong (my sorcerer) to level 60 was a nightmare, but it got easier after that. I've since figured out how to maximize her abilities and have fun doing it. ;)

The only wizard missing from this account is Ice- Tara Winterbloom (level 15) and Brynn Silversword (level 6) are on alternate accounts and, while I've had fun with them, it doesn't compare to how much I've come to appreciate what Balance wizards go through, to finally catch up to the strength of their elemental/spiritual counterparts.

If you're patient, go for Balance. Otherwise, you may want to stick with Ice.

/my 2 cents.

L.S.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
Balance is my fav. You get spells that do damage from all classes and your own. Its fun and give a variety I don't feel many other classes do. But just my two cents :)