Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training points? Help a n00b out...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 13, 2012
Hi,

Total n00b here (Level 31 Balance) with 5 training points (woo-hoo!)...

Is there a guide/board somewhere that lists all the spells I could get with my points? Maybe help me figure out which ones are best to go for next?

It's rather a pain to go to each school/training place to look at them all...

Any advice?

Last ones I got were Spectral Blast/Helping Hands/Black Mantle I think... and I'm *not* to Marleybone yet.

Thanks for the help!

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
dragontatty wrote:
Hi,

Is there a guide/board somewhere that lists all the spells I could get with my points? Maybe help me figure out which ones are best to go for next?

Any advice?

Last ones I got were Spectral Blast/Helping Hands/Black Mantle I think... and I'm *not* to Marleybone yet.

Thanks for the help!

Most of the spells you can train are available at the various schools and school-related trees. There are a few minion-specific spells in Krokotopia, plus the Balance school is there, Celestia offers training in Star, Sun, and Moon magic, and Zafaria offers Sun and Star spells. Otherwise, you will gain spells as you move through the storyline and encounter special school quests.

A bit of advice: Choose one school as a secondary school, and spend your training points in a focused manner.

Check out this wiki for a comprehensive guide to just about anything you want to know about spells and level-specific spell quests :)

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Main_Page

Happy Questing,

Qbb/Iridian Shadowweaver, Transcended Theurgist

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
dragontatty wrote:
Hi,

Any advice?

Thanks for the help!

Most of the spells you can train are available at the various schools and school-related trees. There are a few minion-specific spells in Krokotopia, plus the Balance school is there, Celestia offers training in Star, Sun, and Moon magic, and Zafaria offers Sun and Star spells. Otherwise, you will gain spells as you move through the storyline and encounter special school quests.

A bit of advice: Choose one school as a secondary school, and spend your training points in a focused manner.

Check out this wiki for a comprehensive guide to just about anything you want to know about spells and level-specific spell quests :)

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Main_Page

Happy Questing,

Qbb/Iridian Shadowweaver, Transcended Theurgist
Ditto :P

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
Well since you said you were balance i say don't even use the ravenwood schools just wait until you get to Celestia (around level 50) and get the sun and star spells to power up your spells I have a level 37 balance and i do this and am flying through the worlds

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
I have Tranceded Balance wizard.

Choose a seconday school that will keep you alive with either defences or healing. I choose death with ice to tower shield. I have 2 sun school spells. When you complete the secondary school you can go after Moon, Sun, and Star schools if you wish.

I have not got them for my other wizards are in Celestia now. I have gone to the simple aspect defence. You can nullify and reduce criticals with the shields you have. Getting a fire, storm, and death shields will allow survive longer in a fight.

pirate8375

Armiger
May 10, 2010
The best school I have found that seriously benefit Balance are:

Ice to Tower shield
Death to Feint

Yeah, these are a probably the best schools to help Balance out, both defensively and offensively.