Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Want my minion spell!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I am currently at level 37 (necromancer) and notice that I am one of the only ones in my circle of friends without a minion spell. Now, I remember sometime during my questing adventures I was told that the Death school teacher in Nightside wanted to see me. I went there, but she had no quests for me.
Was this a glitch? Something I did or missed?
Help me! I want my minion!

Administrator
Looks like you may have a quest you need to complete.

Each school has at least one minion, here are the levels that the minions are available through a quest.

Fire - level 28
Ice - level 28
Death - level 28
Storm - level 18
Life - level 18
Balance - levels 18 and 38
Myth - levels 2, 7, 18 and 38

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Try talking to Malorn Ashthorn and to Dworgyn to see if either of them have any quests for you. Also check the dialogue on all of your active quests to see if either of those NPCs were involved. If so, they're probably death class quests that give a card at the end, and that's what you need to do to get your minion.

You may also wish to check your spellbook to see if you have the various death class quest rewards that you should have up to your level: Deathblade, Death Prism, Curse, and Animate (which is the minion). If not, you missed a class quest that you really ought to do.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
You probably recieved this quest before you were able to get to the portion of Marleybone where the Boss hides. The Boss is Freddy Nine Lives and he is in Marleybone (Chelsea). Look for a quest in your quest log about 'speaking' to Freddy.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
jennalizarin wrote:
Now, I remember sometime during my questing adventures I was told that the Death school teacher in Nightside wanted to see me. I went there, but she had no quests for me.

I may be just misreading, but did you go see the girl outside the school for the quest, or Dworgyn (however you spell it) inside the school? I'm just asking, because the teacher is a guy, and you stated that "she" had no quests.

I'm not 100% sure that that is the issue, because my main character is not a death student. Just in case, however, I thought that this may help.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Dworgyn SHOULD be telling you to go pay a visit to Freddy Nine Lives. If he isn't, check your quest list to make sure you don't have the quest to go and talk to / defeat him. If neither one of these are happening, I'd recommend filling out a bug report through Help & Support.

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
Check you spell deck too.

I almost drove Mr. Lincoln crazy when I didn't get my first Likf Minion...only for him to finally find it....guess where...in my spell deck!

LOL I didn't realize the Sprite Minion card was my minion...the picture on the front is of a pixie! LOL I was overlookin it,

Try making a bug report....Mr. Lincoln is a very patient man with all us little wizards!

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
Professor,
I am a bit confused or maybe not...lol. I see that you have the Fire school minion at level 28. Well, I am a fire student and I just now got my minion at level 32. I know it's because I had to do a quest but the quest was at the beginning at Marleybone. Maybe I'm wrong but is it possible to get your minion before going to Marleybone? Or is it possible that there is more than one minion for fire school? You only list one and the one I have is a Fire Tornado with a head and arms (no, for the life of me I can't remember their names...and I do hope you know which one I am describing). Could it be that I leveled up too much in Krokotopia? Am I only suppose to be a level 28 going into Marleybone?

Can you help me understand better please...

Hunter SilverHeart

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
The girl in Nightside, Marla Stinger, is not a teacher. Did you go into the Death School building behind Marla? There you will find the teacher Dworgyn; maybe he will help you out.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
gnreno3 wrote:
Professor,
I am a bit confused or maybe not...lol. I see that you have the Fire school minion at level 28. Well, I am a fire student and I just now got my minion at level 32. I know it's because I had to do a quest but the quest was at the beginning at Marleybone. Maybe I'm wrong but is it possible to get your minion before going to Marleybone? Or is it possible that there is more than one minion for fire school? You only list one and the one I have is a Fire Tornado with a head and arms (no, for the life of me I can't remember their names...and I do hope you know which one I am describing). Could it be that I leveled up too much in Krokotopia? Am I only suppose to be a level 28 going into Marleybone?

Can you help me understand better please...

Hunter SilverHeart

nononono your FINE. you get the QUEST for the spell at 28 and you probly cant finish it till 32 or so. so you dont worry about it serously