Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

castle add-ons

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 08, 2009
Wizard101 should add add-ons to castle that could be bought at furniture stores with gold and crowns. Playiers could also gain a add-on to their castle by completing a quest for that gut that sells the castles once a monthe the ones that you gain form m=him are the rare ones that can't be bought in stores. these add-on could be a pool that connects to a waterfall, or a hidden cave behind a waterfall.
Players should also beable to create their own add-on by taking different types of like rocks,trees,and anything else they my think to use to create their own add-on.

I think we should also add that players could be able to buy more scrapes of land to add to their castles,

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
FireBall540 wrote:
Wizard101 should add add-ons to castle that could be bought at furniture stores with gold and crowns. Playiers could also gain a add-on to their castle by completing a quest for that gut that sells the castles once a monthe the ones that you gain form m=him are the rare ones that can't be bought in stores. these add-on could be a pool that connects to a waterfall, or a hidden cave behind a waterfall.
Players should also beable to create their own add-on by taking different types of like rocks,trees,and anything else they my think to use to create their own add-on.

I think we should also add that players could be able to buy more scrapes of land to add to their castles,

I see where you're going with this and it's a great idea, but I think it would cause the game to slow down. It could also override the servers if everyone was creating their own castle terrain.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012

ooooooooooh yes!
I just bought the "royal playhouse" castle and I am having a delightful time decorating it with loot. However it appears to me that alot of the furnishings available are sort of "spares" from the game landscape, which is not conducive to hospitable furnishings for a home.

Keep in mind, there is a degree of psychology here. If you want to make money for the game, having people spend at the crown shop and get really involved and "spend" their real world hours playing online, you have the bait the trap with some honey! I did a search of youtube last night for other players who had the "Royal Playhouse" castle also, and was deeply crestfallen to find that as a consequence of there just not being any appropriate furnishings or ; well, imaginative or realistic furnishings, people were resorting to making it rediculous and totally full of junk, mis-matched and out of keeping with the whole purpose in the first place.

An example is filling up the whole courtyard with 50 obelisks. Why?! Why!?

So basically I have been having a hankering for some more sophisticated furnishings, ever since I was in the dorms and I saw the beautiful rococo undersea furniture that the Cook had to the King in the undersea warrens. Remember that? Its white rococo style. Gorgeous! At the time I wanted it for my dorm, but now that I see how difficult it is to furnish a castle (and not with mummies--lol) I am really seeing that this is a problem for the players in a big way.

This is a huge oppertunity for the game to make money !! People are going to want to buy this stuff! They already buy all the other stuff, that is completely incongruous, simply in the spirit of gamesmanship. All the more if the furnishings actually fit the residence!

Ok so I have made a short list of my "wishlists" since I saw things from every place I visited, that I would have liked to have taken home some souvenir's from to furnish the old dorm or the new castle.

To start with, there are things like in the first post, about adding on sections. That is good idea. IF you dont want to let the players win them, for heaven sakes offer them for US Dollars in the Crown Shop and make a buck. Thats what its all about.

Floating boat , anchored in the abyss (my castle is on an island in an abyss)

Giant Crystal Cavern (add on) -or- Crystal Cave walk - in with furniture pickup type things. For example, matching mounted wall crystals you could put in ................the walk in crystal castle in Grizzleheim is awesome. More please!

In that vein: as a wall paper, how about those mosaics or paintings inside the crystal castle cavern under the waterfall in Grizzleheim, of the viking dudes fighting the dragons? I would be interested in that. Maybe you could make a Crystal Cave grotto add on for the Castle and offer that Mosaic (or painting?) as "wall paper"?

~ Stone Pottery Kiln (nice!) with fire!

~fish jumping from river (I have a river. Wheres the fish?)

~parked carved boat (+ accessories)

~Stone Ford Bridge for river/ lake

~Large Hollow Tree = Tree House with several levels you climb up through a ladder that accesses by pressing the X button. This is a feature for some of the bear cheifs in Grizzleheim and I want it in my back yard. I will pay for that! Give it to me! Sell me the accessories that match! People love that stuff, thats how you make money. I am telling you !

~Waterfall you can ride underneath...............could be an addon. Could be part of the Crystal Cavern or Moat or Tree House............etc

OK I also have ideas for some slight modifications to things that you can pick up now or are already in use:

Fur Rugs for floor / Fur Bed (but not too grizzley because thats over kill. Keep in mind, bait the trap with honey, now!)

Magic Mushrooms that do something cool, like change colors

Fairies you can keep in a cage, that do something cool, like transform you

Chain Mail you can display (like the Kimono's)

I also came up with the odd idea about Krokotopia

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Krokotopia :

Flying Red Scarab wall hanging (its in the Well of Spirits: i want that for my living room!)

Blue Lotus wall decor..............either as a wall paper or I was thinking more of a "decal" that you could apply to 1 wall at a time. Make more money! Sell them seperately! Or do a Blue Lotus theme. Its nice.

Purple and Gold Ankh theme bed (this is based on the outfit the Kroks are wearing, which is surprisingly attractive)

Gold Scarab Wall Hanging. You should be given this or be able to buy it , when you win the Gold Scarab after that quest, that lets you enter the Island of Storms.

Alot of the furniture at Wysteria is nice also: such as the red runner carpets, gorgeous doors, the japanese flower arrangement that you have to do as a quest. Why cant I buy any of that?! How disappointing! I want it !!

Those things would make money for the crown shop in spades, I guarentee it. Also there is the added psychological factor of encouraging people to embrace some sanity in the way that they decorate their houses/ castles. If you encourage chaos, it spills over in to game play and that is bad for everything, no matter how you look at it.

the more they are motivated to look at their castles and homes as a retreat and treat their dec oration as a personal "quest" of sorts, the more they are going to spend at the crownshop or bazaar and put time into the game getting the gold to cover the cost of all that stuff.

Some attention to detail will go a long long long way in this matter and improve the quality of the game immeasurably.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
8)

ok everybody, hold on to your hat.

Last night I was up til 2 am playing wiz101 then couldnt get to sleep til 4 am tossing and turning in bed thinking about add-on's. I made some short lists and they include Castle and Property add-ons, possible Shops by which furnishings and other stuff maybe disseminated, a few more furnishings, and even 1 game.

Are you ready? Are you reeeeeeeeeeeeally ready! ? ! ? Ok: here goes.

So where to start?

Lets start with the 1 game I came up with.

You know how the Commons is plagued with creepy people yelling rude comments about needing a girlfreind or whatever? Rather than letting that be an on-going social problem I was thinking it would make a cute game, for the Commons. Newbies could play it and learn some social graces in the process. Its a good way to instill player courtesy.

Its called "Kiss the Frog Prince". You can have the player choose gender at the beginning; so for the boys, it can be princess. or queen if you prefer.

Basically, its sort of like shooting the duck at the fairground for the harvest moon festival. Same type of game. Except in this case, the duck is a "magical frog" that you have to kiss. The principal is that non-magical frogs cannot be kissed, so if you hit a non-magical frog, it will explode and either cause you to lose points or end the game. Like a quest, it teaches you a moral principal, such as courtesy - or - that not everybody wants to be kissed or should be kissed. And that those which are kissed should be special and important. Seems like a needed lesson for the commons!

I came up with some "Shop " ideas, which are almost like games.

One of the problems with Wiz101 and with the Castles is how to handle the problem of food. Do you produce food that people can eat? How do they eat it?

So I came up with a solution. Provide restaurants! This is a way for people to eat different foods (with the freinds, again encouraging courtesy, which is a very unvalued commodity amoung newbies--lol) and, you can sort of "shop around" for foods that way, that you might buy for your castle. Then, also provide ways to get the foods, to keep in a Cellar or Kitchen area. There are Kiosk's that you can buy that refill Potion Vials, why not a kiosk that lets you eat food?

Here is how you do it: set up a "restaurant" with a"menu" that people pay for in gold. Let them choose from the "menu": their appetiser, main course, desert, cocktails. Then press "EAT" and "Pay" at the end. That is a very good way to advertise not only food, but also more furnishings which can be disseminated through other outlets in each world. If I see something in the restaurant: such as furnishings, etc. that is something I could buy with gold or crowns, elsewhere. This fosters time spent in the game, gold spent in the game, crowns spent in US Dollars.

While I was thinking about the "Eat" button and restaurant dinner courses, various related Game ideas occured to me. Obviously this would solve the food dilemma for Castles, if you could buy a Dinner Course or Kitchen Kiosk. But it also introduces more ideas for Games and additional Add-Ons for the Castle!

Other games you could access through Restaurants might be : a Wishing Well. This would be the same principal as the "Eat" menu, where you choose your wish. Or, you could have it also be a "Suggestion Box" of fantasy's that people have about Wiz101 that they would pay to see fulfilled. This would provide a never ending source of revenue for the CrownShop!

Restaurant games could lead to "cultural" games or shops: such as Festival items for the World, which you learn by playing a short game in the restaurant, then are able to buy the Festival Item in a connected area to use for decoration of your Castle. An example might be food items, paper lanterns, origami art, collectable stuffed toys, unusual books, Hall of Fame times from famous Quests, Souvenirs from Museums, etc.

This leads me to additional shop's which are appropriate to disseminate more loot through the shop, both of Trophies and of "local" furnishings or festival related collectables.

(Note: its worth mentioning and noticing, that Wiz101 players seem to have an unfullfilled craving to collect a set. Alot of the Youtube vids for Castles were obviously failed attempts to collect "sets" of things. It should be not only possible to collect sets of world-loot, trophies, etc which are already available mostly through resemblance: but to get the full set.! By spending lots and lots of Gold and Crowns! And, sets which were created expressly for the purpose of collections. Like Stuffed Toys. Or, like Books. That is now you make money, folks! Fullfill the need! Rationalise the irrational, take it to the next level. Wiz101 players have money to give you, just let them have an excuse to hand it over --lol)

So some of the shops that could be added would cater to the "collectors" who will spend time gaming and questing to pay for their habit of collecting trophies, either by gold or crowns. There are certainly a great many of such players. Also, even your average joe would like a nice castle with some cool stuff in it. And it improves the quality of the game to have the system provide a more rich and cohesive character background for Wizards.

These shops I am suggesting dove-tail into the Add-ons you can sell for Castles! So they should be deliberatly created with the idea that not only would you like Wizard's to collect the Set, but you want the Wizards to buy the castle to house their loot, then buy the Add-on which is completementary to the Set, which allows them to collect everything (and pay for it!)

Antique Shop: contents might be things like ornate chandeliers, antique baroque mirrors, fans, coin purses, decorative lampshades, potion shelves with bottles..............

Book store and Scrollery: this can offer more visually stimulating books and scrolls. Right now we have "spares" from the game. People will pay you hard currancy to have a scroll that does something. Press X and it changes colors, gives off smoke, flames, changes birds into flowers, etc. Adding an interactive factor will pay off in US Dollars. How about long distance spells? Can I cast a long distance spell on Cyrus Drake? Or maybe the tree outside his house? That would be fun. It doesnt have to be complicated, as long as there is something that happens, which is interactive.

Auction House: what about letting people have public auctions? Also very fun. It encourages involvment in the game. For example, if I am still at the dorm and I go to the auction house and see all the loot, I want to stay in the game for another 20 levels so I can get to have all that stuff and see where it came from. It encourages people to learn the quests before they even get the quests. Enthusiasm is good: if people want to play, they will pay you!

Armoury: This is pretty self explanatory. It also ties in to an Add-On which you could sell for the Castles. Maybe you could call it something like "Defenders of Wizard City Hall of Fame Armoury" and use it as a way to make available Quest Trophies in exchange for Gold. This encourages people to want to do the quests and makes them more enthusiastic in general about staying up til 2 am playing, instead of sleeping (wink)

Museum Souvenir and Festival Shop: This will allow people to buy things they see at Festivals, Games, Restaurants ~ such as the Spiral themed items which are everywhere through out the Spiral Worlds. Banners, Musical Instruments, statuary, exotic flowers, lanterns, unbuyable re-agents, etc. Most of this already exists in the game! With a little imagination it could be expanded on easily and turned into cold hard greenbacks for the Wiz101 Crownshop. Wizards will run out of spending gold at some point and need to renew their memberships, buy more gold, buy more packages, etc. These little nicieties will encourage them to stay in the game for years.

As to Add - ons :

I was thinking that you could sell them as little islands, like those of the Oasis in Krokotopia. A Wizard could purchase an additional Island and on it, would be the Add-on they wanted. So if I already have my players retreat all set up, but I want an Armoury (for example), then I can buy an Abyss Boat (like the Krok Boat or the GrizzleHeim Boat), that will take me to my new Island in the Abyss that has on it the Armoury and whatever else I wanted. Maybe if you wanted to scale it up or down, you could have more modest add on's that just had the little rope bridge and no boat. Then add a drawbridge and boat, depending on how expensvie a luxury the person was willing to get.

How aboutthese Add-On's?

Library or Feast Hall, freinds meeting main hall, War Councel Room, Kitchen and Dining, Zen Fountain Temple, Crystal Cavern and Waterfall cave, Bird Cote (wow singing caged bird?! Nice! How about a Dove Cote? I will pay you for it! Make it for me!) .

How about a "drinkable" Wine Cellar, interactive haunted Attic (with sound effects if you press the haunted object)? How about an Island - Add -on which is entirely a Fairy or Pixie paradise? with flowers? maybe as an extention of the Crystal Cave or Zen Waterfall Retreat?

Also, of the Castles now available to buy, not really alot has been done with the Mooshu theme. Maybe I would pay for a Jade Castle that had pink floating lotus flowers and an Armoury, a Library, with "eatable" kitchen, "drinkable" winary? What about Vineyards? What about offering a drop down menu to choose back ground music for your room of choice?

What about a fancy Boat Dock? Walk through balcony (as in at Tanglewood) or a School Room? What about a Salon for Music? Musical Instruments? Different music themes (from the worlds) that could pay as you enter (according to the drop down menu).

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012

hi everybody!

Ok I have a few more ideas; these could be used in the game or as Castle-Add ons. Since alot of the castle equipment are "spares"; one implies the other at this point.

I feel that I should say, on my own behalf that I have the "Royal Playhouse" and this is essentially an Elizabethan Theater that has absolutly no equipment for it, either made to suit it or to be found in "spares" in the game. So far I have found some benches and a tent, but otherwise cant use it for anything. So, on my own behalf (game not withstanding) I would like to take a moment to ask for some Theater Equipment for the Playhouse / theater.

For example, I was able to get a Krok Wardrobe, which has a cross bar that seems be be intended to be used to hang clothes on. Yet, you cant even stack something on top of it, much less hang something inside and that is just the application. What about the fact that hanging clothes arent equiped to the game?!

Or, I also was able to get a music player which if nothing else is cute to look at since it moves. (looks like an old phonagraph from the turn of the century) but the "music scrolls" application is almost non-existant in the game. What is the point of that, exactly?! The other day I was reading a blog from a player who claimed that she had 17 "legendary" wizards ; one of which had defeated boss or other, some over 100 times to get the music scrolls, out of which only 10 music scrolls were dropped. (!!??) reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally?!? If that is the case: how are "normal people", with only 1 Wizard ever supposed to use this thing? I mean, realistically..............................

In terms of money logic, lets think this through. You get 10$ a month from the "legendary wizard" types. But how much money do you lose from normal people who get fed up and leave because of these little snafu's? Money is money. So, logically, it seems to me that catering to "everyman", might make more fiscal sense. That 10$ from joe-normal weighs out exactly the same in the Bank at the end of the day. Maybe some fiscal psychology would help to balance out the odd phenomenon which appears to foster extremes?

To wit: If you want everybody to pay you, then you have to let everybody win. At least a little bit. It s not likely that the "legendary" types will leave, if you make it more pleasent for everyone else, so that is a win-win situation.

OK so here are some of my Game / Add -on creative ideas and suggestions:

If you add on a Fairy Grotto that could be bought as an Abyss Island type of thing, you might also consider adding a Fairy Bookstore, Fairy School, Fairy Quests, Fairies (or pixies or maybe, some imps) in a Bottle that can grant wishes of one sort or another.............also: actual game art as Screen Savers would be nice. Maybe have art contests, from wizards ? Make those public?

In a related matter: how about publishing a Wizard Express Newspaper for Announcements? How about making a Trading Post for auction ads? It sure would be nice to accept offers on really rare things..............or, at least feild the offers (lol)

Compatable "lands" to match Add-on's:

Pirate Ships / Ship Wrecked Island

Undersea Mermaids / Mermaid Triton paradise with Rococo furniture

Haunted House ! with artistic pumpkins, scary fairground games, collectable stamps, collectable stained glass windows (maybe a stained glass window shop would be nice?) Collectable Lost Map peices

Also: I have been wondering, why are the schools of Wizard City so seperate? I mean, once you "choose" your school you have no eartly idea what anybody else is doing. Should there be Guilds? A guild meeting hall? Shouldnt the school be more organized into Guild memberships? How can we all enjoy the quests, of other schools? When I watch the Youtube vids for the school of Life or school of Ice wizards it really blows me away, how cool some of their quests are. its a shame to miss out on all that.

One of my pet peeves about Colossus Blvd is how dumb the characters are and that is pretty much all you get, as far as the School of Ice if you are not in that school. I was awarded a complementary "transformation" of one of the gobblers ( I call them goobers, privately, seems more apt) and I havent used it at all because I am so disgusted by that plot line. Its really a tear jerker, that the actual School of Ice Wizards get all sorts of cool quests that you can only find out about on youtube (!!??) and the rest of us hve to put up with goobers or gobblers or whatever. Yuck!

Is there no way for everybody else to get in on some fun quests outside of the main school they are in? Its monotonous and booooooooooooring to just have the same bread and water plot lines and street fights and the same junk in the bazaar everyday. At least if you could get a cool winter type of add- on to your castle or play more fun games on Colossus (maybe snow ball fights would be nice?) it wouldnt be such a blood letting.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012

ok, so having progressed through Mooshu to Dragonspyre / Wintertusk, there are a few additional comments to add to this thread.

I am a bit disappointed that instead of commenting, there seems to be the choice to just leave the game. I have had probably close to a hundred freinds on my freinds list and went through them last night and realised probably 3/4ths of them are 'dead links' because these people have left.

my '2 cents' on this difficulty is that it is caused by the simple fact that psychologically, people play in the first place for reasons other than just craving constant combat.

When all there is to do is constant combat, they find reasons to leave, even trivial reasons. so it stands to reason that there are realistic financial motives to "improve" the general environment of game play beyond simply fixing glitches. Players crave more from the game than just combat. Thats the bottom line (no pun intended).

I am not saying the glitch thing isnt important !! It is !

Just that giving some thought to expanding areas of the game which are "psychological" motivators, is financially prudent. This is not a *hint* : I am telling you out right. THat is why players leave. Fix it, and you will have paying customers for life. The same people that think of trivial excuses to leave will come up with equally irrational reasons to stay and pay all the crown fees --lol thats just the way people are. You have to out fox the hunter if you want to stay ahead of the economy.

So, to address some of my previous points: I have reached a point in the game where I am now a "Master Artisan" . This rank allows the wizard to purchase a Crafting Recipe called " The Grizzleheim WatchTower Hall" Castle and grounds.

For those who read this blog and feel frustrated as I did, the recipe is for sale from the vendor named Wayfinder in the Grizzle Commons Area. You have to have finished your Master Artisan level of crafting to do it. This is typically finished in Mooshu, so just keep up with the crafting quests, dont procrastinate or sell your reagent stores to the Bazaar.

The Grizzle Watchtower recipe allows you to craft a home which is similar to some of the things outlined in my wishlists. It is not available through the Crown Purchase houses or through the Lands. You have to make it on a Grizzle Crafting Station, not a home crafting station. The Grizzle station is in a cave called the Ice Forge. Its a huge crystal cave full of viking warrior loot and a giant Thor Hammer .................

When you first get to Grizzle, you might accidently wander into this area, it is right behind the main commons. THats the Grizzle Crafting Station where this Recipe is forged.

For those who have not reached the level required, the last time I checked there was a Fraps Video Game preview of it on Youtube, done by some tech savvy wizard with a good hand for editing. I enjoyed the youtube preview almost as much as the actual game preveiw. It has music and narration, very exciting. There is also a Celestia Recipe which is previewed on Youtube, similarly.

This recipe offers some of the features on my wishlist, although obviously there is a great deal that still could be added. What about the Grizzleheim Boat feature? What about the Add-on of an island that would let you connect your castle to a crystal grove, a zen garden, an armoury, etc?

In terms of programming the "work" that goes into creating those would surely be equal to the US Dollars that were gained from such an addition? how much extra work is it to create additional evolutions of things that already exist in the game? Or to dis-ambiguate things that are a bit scrambled?

If its not really that much work programming wise to add it and you know that it will keep an additional 75% of the players you lose, certainly that is considerable motivation? I am just saying.........

I have a few more things to add, in terms of suggestions. Alot of the players are women and children, as much as seasoned video game players who are used to games like warcraft or diablo. These girls have names like unicornheart or roseblossom. It doesnt take a genius to see that they are not playing the game just for the joy of constantly beating bigger and bigger bosses. They want some sort of emotional feedback, like the more social aspects of society provide them naturally, in life.

Consideration of the demographic will go a long way, in this regard.

With this in mind:

How about if you add an email feature with drawings of the bosses or of your wizard? not elaborate, just a couple of sentances, with a picture? Then they could "advertise" the game, by sending emails of pictures of it, to their freinds, on holidays and so on (like birthdays or festival days).

For example, my cousin opens her email and she see's a pic of my wizard or of my latest conquest on Mooshu or Dragonspyre or Wintertusk and she gets interested and wants to . It s just that simple.

Similarly, things could be added to the commons area, to help newbies or children or maybe just the really feminine girls who are disgruntled by constant combat (I find myself occasionally in this catagory, personally--lol)
such as :

A History Tutorial of Wizard City

Voting on "most popular" aspects of quests, crafting, schools (published in a wizarding newspaper? Through the Schools or through Ambrose?)

Faerie Quests (girls love those, folks! How about some Faerie Dust to make the place a little more sparkeley?)

Toys for the Pets, as well as food...............also, if you quit, what about providing a "lost pet pound" and allowing people to adopt your pet? What a waste to just throw away some of those carefully crafted Hybrid Pets !

So you could add to the Commons a Toys for Pets area. And an "Adopt a Pet" shop.

There should be more unifying design aspects to this game, to make it user freindly for girlygirls and younger players: Gallery Spotlights, Music Choices, Tournament buddy icons, Shop Blogs.............

Those features are not trivial. They are money in your pocket !! In answer to the question :why is everybody leaving? The answer is that it is difficult to play, not just to beat the Bosses, but to palate the unfreindlies of the game, without some cushion back at the commons to help the weak and the silly. Thats about the size of it.

Ok now with regard to the players who have stayed in the game, to the point where they are at level 50 (I am now level 52, in Dragonspyre). These players have some natural coping mechanism or tenacity that have allowed them to proceed. But I think another pitfall is money.

At the level I am at, to get through to the point I have, I had to pay the Crown Shop for Henchman. There was just no other way to make it through the qualifying dungeons in certain really tough areas. Not every player can afford to just pay the crown shop indefinatly for Henchmen or every little thing. Its amazing to me how many people complain about this. Its really a sore point in the game.

Chat is difficult, in the game. But those that do have it actually use it to complain about the cost of Henchmen and crowns! You know it must really bother them if they go to the trouble of try ing to use a rather awkward chat for this purpose--lol Plus it s surprising to me how many people "beg" in the game, saying they dont have crowns and asking to be "gifted" things.

This is a bit rude, but I have noticed that it also has a jinx effect in the outcomes of the fights and its starting to cause me some apprehensions.

Recently I had a dream about it, when I was studying the Hybrid Pets.

I had this dream that you could "breed " Henchmen and equip them as Pets. It doesnt have to be *easy*, just possible. If it is possible, somebody who really needs it, will figure out how to do it. Thats how it works. Right now with options limited, it makes people desperate.

The dream was that you could trade in a number of "normal" pets, such as for example, a Plague Ninja Pig (that gives one card) and make a "Henchman" of choice. That way, if somebody knew that they really arent going to afford unlimited henchmen expenses (which add up) they would figure out a way to "make " a henchmen or two, and use them, the way you do with pets ; by equipping it as battle armor.

Similarly as with Hybrid Pets, you could choose the School and the Level of the Henchmen-pet. I think this solution would go a long way to keep more customers in the game, who even though they make it up to a certain level, get discouraged when they realise the expenses they face in hiring Henchmen to finish the hardest parts at the upper levels.

And, it would be super cool. How fun would it be to breed Henchmen, choose their cards? With the method of using "normal" pets, you could allow players to possibly use some gold in the aquisition of the pet-henchmen, rather than crowns all the time. And keep the purchase, once made, like it was a mount or pet.

:)