Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Server problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
Is there anyone else that is having problems in the game with the server? I can get into the game but once i play for so long it says it cannot connect to the server and says the area is closed when i try to leave to a different area. Then it says problem connecting to server and sends me back to character selection screen and sometimes wont even do that and will say connecting to server and then not connect and have me quit. :( :( Please let me know :| :-(

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
I found that it is not their server. Ever since my area got hit by major storms the internet company has been experiencing a outage.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Answer these questions for me:

1. How old is your computer?

2. How long have you been having this problem?

3. Have you tried contacting KI?

I maybe will be able to help.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
No I'm sorry to tell you it probably is not his internet connection!!! My husband and I play on same internet connection and new computers his does this stupid error all the time. To the point he may quit playing if it doesn't stop. It rarely ever happens to me but to him several times every day.... It is frustrating and totally makes a subscription a waste of money.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2012
yes the problem with the game crashing every 30 min. or so isn't b/c of my hardware im a CT (for those who don't know Computer Technician), i have adjusted and configured everything i know to do , even to the extent of being on the phone hours with our ISP and i know for a fact it isn't them either, so that leaves only 1 other component, KI , seems as if they would want to upgrade their servers to handle the increase in accounts.

I have cleaned repartitioned and renewed every component on my computer
all i am asking is pls fix the crashes we spend lots of money on higher connection speed, not including what me and my wife have already spent in crowns and all stuff for 2 level 70 characters.

Just put yourself in the consumers shoes just long enough to really see how much money goes into just being able to play the game, so shouldn't it work properly.

Administrator
The following applies to all of you - we cannot diagnose your particular computer issues with just a 'it doesn't work' statement. Our wonderful support team is standing by waiting to assist you with your particular issue but you need to contact us at support@wizard101.com - you can contact us through email, and when you contact support, please ensure that you give us:

->the account name
->the character name
->your dxdiag file
->as much information about what you encountered as you can, including error messages or screenshots

NEVER send us:
->your password
->your full credit card information

The more information you give up front, the faster your issue can be resolved.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of your computer hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 08, 2012
the dxdiag all it allows it you to see if we are stupid enough not to know how to upgrade our drivers/software, or hardware, my Satellite A205 laptop has ran World of Warcraft,Navyfield,League of Legends, and numerous other MMO's perfectly without any hiccup, the problem is your RANDOM connection loss, i will send the txt file in, so dont try to blame the issue on user incompetence of a pc or laptop.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
julia88888 wrote:
Answer these questions for me:

1. How old is your computer?

2. How long have you been having this problem?

3. Have you tried contacting KI?

I maybe will be able to help.

1. Brand New running Windows 7, quad core processor, radeon HD 4250 graphics w/ 2 gb of mem, 4 gb ram.

2. About 2 weeks now.

3. and yes i have contacted KI.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Yes same here, every 15 to 30 minutes the chain appears on screen. This problem wasn't there before last nights update!!

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
We also purchased a second new pc yesterday. Win 7 and the pc meets the recommended system requirements for this game and many many more. All is up to date its a day old. And he still gets this error.

Administrator
Please follow the steps given earlier in this same thread. Our support team can assist you if you reach out to them through email.

community@wizard101.com