Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New (Researched) Spells

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 19, 2010
These are my very first, researched, ideas for new spells. Each school gets an AoE in my opinion, so nobody feels left out. The effects are probably not as perfect as most people want, but I think the animations are awesome. I hope you like them and feel free to alter or add any ideas.

Storm: Raiju
Animation: A great thunderstorm of lightning appears. Bright flashes are coming from all directions.Then a huge thunder bolt, the size of the arena, stikes the ground creating a legendary creature known as Raiju. He lets out a loud "ROAR!" and turns into a ball of purple ligtning. He then circles the enemies creating a purple vortex.
Damage: 1,300 storm damage to each enemy

Fire: Surtr
Animation: A bed of black obsidian rock appears. Then all of a sudden a split forms in the rock and inside is lava. Bubbles and steam are rising from this crack. A hand holding a sword of white light pops out and pierces the ground with the sword. The hand goes back into the crack and is replaced with a bearded giant known as Surtr. He charges at the enemies and strikes them with his bright sword.
Damage: 700 fire damage, 400 fire damage over 3 rounds to each enemy

Ice: Barbegazi
Animation: Mountains topped with snow appear. There is a cave in the center mountain. All of a sudden a short dwarf-like creature known as a Barbegazi comes out of the cave. He lets out a high-pitched shriek and the whole arena starts to shake. Snow devours the battlefield and ruptures enemies. The barbegazi isn't done though. He grants each friend three tower shields.
Damage: 600 ice damage to each enemy
Shields: Three 30% tower shields to each friend

Balance: Ammit
Animation: Nothing but sand and a few bones appear on the battlefield. The sand starts to swirl in a big sphere forming the Egyption demon, Ammit. His eyes are dark red and he starts to howl. Hearts hover over each person while Ammit is judging everyone. He has a 50% chance to attack enemies or a 50% chance to heal friends.
Damage: 50% chance- 900 balance damage to each enemy
Heal: 50% chance- disperse 900 life for each friend

Myth: Gargoyle
Animation: A tall pillar with a huge gargoyle appears in the center of the battlefield. The arena starts to rumble and crack, letting out bits of rock. The pillar finally snaps and the gargoyle falls. Everything is silent, until the structure starts to glow with yellow light. A creature breaks free from the gargoyle. He then lets out a blast of the same yellow light onto enemies.
Damage: 750 myth damage to each enemy
Stun: Stun each enemy for one round

Life: Kodama
Animation: A, once was, forest appears. There is nothing but beige weeds and a lonely dark brown tree. The tree is dead and plummets to the ground. Suddenly, a horde of green spirits come out of where the tree stood. They are very angry and combine to form a green mist. The mist is then hurled at the battered enemies. The mist knows you did nothing wrong though and gives each friend an absorb.
Damage: 700 life damage
Absorb: 400 absorb

Death: Shadow
Animation: Everything goes dark as if all happiness has left the world. A thick cloud of black smoke appears. It spins around and around, finally forming a dark humanoid figure. It starts to drain all the emotions and fears of the enemies causing a whirlwind of suction. It then exchanges them to blow out balls of green light to heal yourself.
Damage: 800 death damage to each enemy
Heal: 400 life for yourself

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
What Level are they?

They should be a bit stronger in Damage.

Otherwise, great Idea!

BTW:

Wouldn't it be nice, if
Storm Attack should get Storm Blade Effect? :D
Fire Attack should get Fire Blade Effect? :D

That would be Fair. Each School gets a AoE and a Effect.

Calamity Orgeblossom Level 48 Theurgist

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
What Level are they?

Which schools? I think they are also rank 10 spells.

Wouldn't it be nice, if

Oh my, 1300 damage to all enemies PLUS an effect! overpowered! and fire with a mighty leading 1400, almost twice as much as myth! No, no, to much.

Ok: Time to move on to the OP (Original Poster)
Note: I will only bring up and talk about the damage and effect(s), animations dont matter that much to me, kingsisle makes it pretty sweet anyways.

Ok, now, I think this should be 1000+450 over 3 rounds, since storm needs a high, raw damage, with a dot spell.

Um... This is how strong rain of fire is... Except the other way around... how about 650+700 over 3 rounds? (1350 damage)

Amp it up to 700 and 35% tower shield.

I dont like it.... How about 900 to all enemies or 900 over 3 rounds to all enemies? It is kinda risky....

Make it 100+700 damage and stun for one round.

Can I ask, is the absorb to self, to a random teammate, or to all? Plus, make it 750 damage.

*Correction: 400 to self for each enemy hit
By the way, I think its about time death got a NON swap AOE, I feel bad for them.
Maybe 1000 damage?

All in all, I like it, but there are some improvements that DEFINATELY need to be made, but with a little effort, I think it could be pretty nice.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Alexander5335 wrote:
These are my very first, researched, ideas for new spells. Each school gets an AoE in my opinion, so nobody feels left out. The effects are probably not as perfect as most people want, but I think the animations are awesome. I hope you like them and feel free to alter or add any ideas.

Animation: A great thunderstorm of lightning appears. Bright flashes are coming from all directions.Then a huge thunder bolt, the size of the arena, stikes the ground creating a legendary creature known as Raiju. He lets out a loud "ROAR!" and turns into a ball of purple ligtning. He then circles the enemies creating a purple vortex.

Animation: A bed of black obsidian rock appears. Then all of a sudden a split forms in the rock and inside is lava. Bubbles and steam are rising from this crack. A hand holding a sword of white light pops out and pierces the ground with the sword. The hand goes back into the crack and is replaced with a bearded giant known as Surtr. He charges at the enemies and strikes them with his bright sword.

Animation: Mountains topped with snow appear. There is a cave in the center mountain. All of a sudden a short dwarf-like creature known as a Barbegazi comes out of the cave. He lets out a high-pitched shriek and the whole arena starts to shake. Snow devours the battlefield and ruptures enemies. The barbegazi isn't done though. He grants each friend three tower shields.

Animation: Nothing but sand and a few bones appear on the battlefield. The sand starts to swirl in a big sphere forming the Egyption demon, Ammit. His eyes are dark red and he starts to howl. Hearts hover over each person while Ammit is judging everyone. He has a 50% chance to attack enemies or a 50% chance to heal friends.

Animation: A tall pillar with a huge gargoyle appears in the center of the battlefield. The arena starts to rumble and crack, letting out bits of rock. The pillar finally snaps and the gargoyle falls. Everything is silent, until the structure starts to glow with yellow light. A creature breaks free from the gargoyle. He then lets out a blast of the same yellow light onto enemies.

Animation: A, once was, forest appears. There is nothing but beige weeds and a lonely dark brown tree. The tree is dead and plummets to the ground. Suddenly, a horde of green spirits come out of where the tree stood. They are very angry and combine to form a green mist. The mist is then hurled at the battered enemies. The mist knows you did nothing wrong though and gives each friend an absorb.

Animation: Everything goes dark as if all happiness has left the world. A thick cloud of black smoke appears. It spins around and around, finally forming a dark humanoid figure. It starts to drain all the emotions and fears of the enemies causing a whirlwind of suction. It then exchanges them to blow out balls of green light to heal yourself.

Ammit doesn't judge peoples lives. They go to the Hall of Judgment, Where Anubis greets their Ba. Then takes their heart and puts it on one of the Scales of Judgment. Then a Feather of Truth is places on the other side of that scale, depending on whether the Feather had more weight than the heart depended on is they live(spiritually) or die(spiritually). If the Feather of Truth "wins" then you go onto the perfect Afterlife, if not one of tow things happens based on if your heart has only little more weight than the Feather or a abundance of weight against the Feather. Little more weight than the Feather and you go to the River of the Night. A lot more than the Feather and Ammit eats your heart and you never existed. That is the myth.

Myth "master"
Valdus Darkcaster

P.S.: I am not a Myth Wizard, I just study myths and codes on my spare time irl

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Randomperson16 wrote:
What Level are they?

Otherwise, great Idea!

BTW:

Wouldn't it be nice, if

Calamity Orgeblossom Level 48 Theurgist

Fire probably should get a blade, but idk about storm. Maybe storm should get an over time effect instead. Thank you for the compliment btw :D

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
As an ice wizard, I payed most attention to this one. It is way underpowered unless you're trying to put it between frost giant and snow angle. Snow angle does 100 + 660 damage over three rounds. I'm not sure what to increase it to, (possibly around 800 to all? I'm not good at this sort of thing) but it needs more damage to be accepted by ice.

Defender
Nov 18, 2011
Defender
Apr 19, 2010
rest wrote:
Alexander5335 wrote:

Ammit doesn't judge peoples lives. They go to the Hall of Judgment, Where Anubis greets their Ba. Then takes their heart and puts it on one of the Scales of Judgment. Then a Feather of Truth is places on the other side of that scale, depending on whether the Feather had more weight than the heart depended on is they live(spiritually) or die(spiritually). If the Feather of Truth "wins" then you go onto the perfect Afterlife, if not one of tow things happens based on if your heart has only little more weight than the Feather or a abundance of weight against the Feather. Little more weight than the Feather and you go to the River of the Night. A lot more than the Feather and Ammit eats your heart and you never existed. That is the myth.

Myth "master"
Valdus Darkcaster

P.S.: I am not a Myth Wizard, I just study myths and codes on my spare time irl

I know i looked it up , but i just thought this would be much faster and less complicated.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
What Level are they?

Which schools? I think they are also rank 10 spells.

Wouldn't it be nice, if

Oh my, 1300 damage to all enemies PLUS an effect! overpowered! and fire with a mighty leading 1400, almost twice as much as myth! No, no, to much.

Ok: Time to move on to the OP (Original Poster)
Note: I will only bring up and talk about the damage and effect(s), animations dont matter that much to me, kingsisle makes it pretty sweet anyways.

Ok, now, I think this should be 1000+450 over 3 rounds, since storm needs a high, raw damage, with a dot spell.

Um... This is how strong rain of fire is... Except the other way around... how about 650+700 over 3 rounds? (1350 damage)

Amp it up to 700 and 35% tower shield.

I dont like it.... How about 900 to all enemies or 900 over 3 rounds to all enemies? It is kinda risky....

Make it 100+700 damage and stun for one round.

Can I ask, is the absorb to self, to a random teammate, or to all? Plus, make it 750 damage.

*Correction: 400 to self for each enemy hit
By the way, I think its about time death got a NON swap AOE, I feel bad for them.
Maybe 1000 damage?

All in all, I like it, but there are some improvements that DEFINATELY need to be made, but with a little effort, I think it could be pretty nice.

I wanted to raise the damage, but i thought everyone would have complained about them being too overpowered. Can you post your ideas for the damage in one complete message so everyone can see it please? :-)

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
dolcoon wrote:
As an ice wizard, I payed most attention to this one. It is way underpowered unless you're trying to put it between frost giant and snow angle. Snow angle does 100 + 660 damage over three rounds. I'm not sure what to increase it to, (possibly around 800 to all? I'm not good at this sort of thing) but it needs more damage to be accepted by ice.

It's alright, i'm ice too. If i raise the damage, i would have to get rid of one of the shields because then people would suggest it being overpowered. But i know how you feel...

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Fire as another dot would be boring. I suggest thinking of a different effect if you can.