Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New level 80 gear?

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Note: I made this off the top of my head, so there may be flaws. Please help me with them? :)

Well, I have been thinking about this since all these rants and/or posts about the best gear still being the waterworks gear, which I much agree with, except for the lvl 66 ice gear, so I was thinking, maybe there could be a dungeon similar to waterworks, except located in Crystal Caves? I was thinking maybe a dungeon with a snazzy little name, like Crystalized Pits. It could be placed between the area containing the corpse lanterns and the dragons den, along the little arch-like bridge, with a little platform branching slightly out.
In the crystalized pits, it would be somewhat similar to waterworks, except without levers, having to kill enemies for keys and tools to break through crystal walls.
The enemies health would range from 5,000 to 6,500, which is pretty high, if I do say so myself, but this dungeon should be like waterworks, the most annoying thing ever to attempt to solo, and tougher than average. (most enemies in avalon have 3500-4100 health)
So there would be 2 bosses in there, like waterworks, one halfway through. There would also be puzzles for health like waterworks (I feel I am mentioning that so much... lol) One possibly containing a frozen crystal fountain maybe?

The first boss could be a Crystal Dragon, with 28,000 health this is what would happen:
Health: 28000
Cheats: 'Everlasting water!' When you heal, he will do a tempest with a base damage of 750.

The second boss could be Diamond Colossas & 3 minion bosses, Flare Dragon, a A crazed ogre, and a Blasted Hobgoblin! :D

Diamond colossas:
Health: 32,000
Cheats: 'I WILL FREEZE YOU!' Every 3 rounds he will cast a stun.

Flare Dragon:
Health: 12,600
Cheats: On first turn he will do the same cheat as Pendragon, except its a scald with base 50 damage a turn for the entire fight.

Crazed ogre:
Health: 11,900
Cheats: He will use an elemental and spiritual defuse on the first turn

Blasted Hobgoblin:
Health: 10,200
Cheats: He will use a leviathan if you have more than 4 blades on you.

The level 80 gear would be WELL worth it, hitting 15% universal resist for the robe, 7-11% resist on boots (depending on school) 10%-13% resist depending on school, 3-10% armor piercing (depending on school), a wide range of critical, a wide range of block, and LOTS of boost. Each school would get at least 3% power pip boost from their gear, and it wouldnt be high drop rates.

And only the last boss drops the gear. And its 20% chance of the drops for each.

So what do you guys think? What should I improve? :)

I am not sure if I should change the dungeon name.... If I should fix the bosses because they are overpowered by a chance.... I will let you guys decide!

Survivor
Jun 30, 2008
Your ideas are very imaginative and I like them. I hope Kingisle make this happen. :)