Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Your joking right?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 24, 2010
At the very start of the game professor greyrose did say that
you have to stick to the sidewalks to get to safety but in marlybone
i dont know why when i walk close to the sides rats and other creatures
join in the battle. Can Ki fix this, its a little annoying. :x

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It happens. You need to stay out of danger until they move along, then proceed on your way.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2011
I hope they do too!!! I can't even get to a tower with those O'Leary cat thingies walking around!!! I always get in around 2-5 battles while going somewhere!!!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
This will not be changed, imo since it's been like this for quite awhile. You have to learn how to be patient in Marleybone. I rarely get pulled into duels. Wait and watch. There is a method to how the mobs move.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
MarleyBone can become one of the longest lands you do because of this patience thing. It is a problem for most everyone who has to get though it. Taking corners is my down fall. Best you can do it watch and wait.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Tips:

Use a broom or other streamlined mount.

Watch for the pattern/path the MOBS travel. There's usually a break that will allow for safe passage in a cramped space.

The golem MOBS have personal space issues, and they expand their personal space about 2 inches from their bodies. Stay far, far away from them.

Travel slowly to avoid getting caught at narrow spots, including sharp corners.

Don't travel in a group to avoid having your line of sight obscured by other wizards. If you are questing in a group, have a good "driver" travel the hazardous areas and play leap-n-port :)

Marleybone can be fun, if you travel with caution.

Happy Travels,

Qbb

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
Here is a hint, Some areas in MB you can actually safely walk down the dead center of the road and the cats/rats will not see you.
Well if your complaining about MB there are definitely harder places to walk.
I have pretty much mastered walking between Mobs and there are still some areas that pull me in constantly!

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I always don't rush, stay on the sides of the streets that are clear, don't use mounts, and most importantly, don't cross those bridges that connect rooftop to rooftop if there is an enemy on it. Wait for them to cross.

Hope that helps and remember, timing is everything! Marleybone is a world of gloom, doom, and patience. I love it!

Survivor
Oct 20, 2011
I am in moshu now so I know it is annoying but it will always be there just pay attention to the patterns of movement

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
I wish and hope KI will do something about this, it's so annoying! Marleybones "sidewalks" are one of the worst sidewalks in W101. I always have potions on hand and mark a ton of spots so if I get in a battle on accident, I can flee and come back. I've learned to be SUPER careful walking around, too, like staying as close as possible to the side and waiting until all enemies are gone until going up the ramp or crossing. It takes a ton of time, though and I still get in battles! Hope KI will fix it soon!

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
Later areas dont have sidewalks you have to dodge the enimies most of the time and if they do have sidewalks they are super narrow

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
well i guess MB is an exception ... XD
it's not really that bad, you just stick to the wooden boards and wait for the bad guys to get out of your way before you go along

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
dont rely on sidewalks. i rarely get in battles in MB when i dont want do. go on the right moment, sneak behind the enemies, do whatever you can to stay out of fights. plus, does it make sense to put sidewalks on roofs?

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
Think for a second.

I personally LOVE Marleybone because there is no sidewalks, it's seriously one of the best worlds to NOT get caught in a battle.

Do you walk on the edge of a roof? No, You'd fall off. Walk in the Middle of the roof, where it's safe.

I Love marleybone's lack of sidewalks, and perfect protection in the middle, Makes traveling easier, as I have no need to 'cross the road'

You get the hang of it pretty fast :)
Happy questing.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
That usually happens to me too. I cant return my quest because i keep getting into battles with gearheads. I get mad so i flee

Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
FWIW, even though this post is a bit late, some enemies in Marleybone don't have as much of a "engagement proximity" as they attack more by line of sight. This means if an enemy can "see" you and you are close enough, you will get dragged into battle. Prowlers and some of the mechanical puppet things are the worst IMO.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2011
This reminds me of sunken city, because they pull you off the sidewalks too Marleybone streets are kinda like a puzzle, there pretty hard. just avoid getting on the sidewalks (board platforms) while a rat/cat/gearhead/golem. is on at the same time.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
There are lots of boxes and things to hide behind.I rarely got stuck in a battle that way.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
I'm not exactly sure why you are complaining. There are no sidewalks in Krokotobia, and since you are in Marleybone, clearly you can fare well with no sidewalks. Be prepared though because, there are no sidewalks again until Dragonspyre.
Sorry if I sounded cruel at the begining.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2012
To get though Marlybone safe and fast here are a few tips 1: Use mounts, they make you faster. 2: Stay on the very edge of the wooden boards and roof tops, beilive it or not it works wonders, unless you in Keningston Park. 3: when you first get in a STREET go and find all of the teleporters, that what they used for, to get to places easier,faster and safer. 4: SOMETIMES walk behind enemies, this doesn't always work. hope this helps everyone in Marlybone :D keep it cool wizards! 8)

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Its a game! The variations in the different levels help keep it interesting. I found it frustrating sometimes too, but I adapted and learned. Other worlds have different kinds of challenges that teach you playing strategies. Marleybone teaches you too look where you are going and have some patience.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
sry but you are gonna have to deal with these kind of things as you move ahead

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
LukeAndEye on Apr 17, 2012 wrote:
At the very start of the game professor greyrose did say that
you have to stick to the sidewalks to get to safety but in marlybone
i dont know why when i walk close to the sides rats and other creatures
join in the battle. Can Ki fix this, its a little annoying. :x
your kidding! just stay far away from them. simple as that :P

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
bloopy4 on Apr 19, 2012 wrote:
I hope they do too!!! I can't even get to a tower with those O'Leary cat thingies walking around!!! I always get in around 2-5 battles while going somewhere!!!
then you don't know how to use the arrow keys XD

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Marleybone is gently preparing you for future worlds. When I return visit Marleybone now I can run through from one end of a region to another without pause and without getting nabbed. Previous posters are right, there are rythms and patterns that you learn to watch.