Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Obsidian Chests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2011
Is there any chance we can get the nine pieces of the dragon staff quest changed? Having to redo every portion and fight old conquered foes is just simply redundant, not to mention boring.

For example: One obsidian chest is located in the Deans cell inside the labyrinth and in order to get to it, you have to re-fight 3 boss criminals just to get the key to the Dean's cell. Been there, done that, boring. Each one is like that, NINE TIMES! Please change this!

Instead, how about relocating the chests inside some of the unused buildings all over the spiral with the dead heroes of Dragonspyre guarding them? Or make it like a scavenger hunt, collect clues throughout the spiral to decode the locations of the chests.

Anything but re-fighting the same old tired stuff. This is my third Wizard, so yeah, I'm really tired of this quest in particular.

THank you for your time.

Marcus D.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
i found that you don't actually need to fight all the bosses for the chests. some you can access and manage avoid the boss - especially in ms. yes, you still need to battle halfway through the labyrinth, but you can save yourself at least half of them overall by not engaging the boss - since they won't always pull you in.

cheers!

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
LOL... how ironic you posted that Yesterday! I just did the Obsidian Chests on my Life yesterday... And it only took like, what, a hour. I got a Friend who was on the same Quest to help me with everything so it was pretty easy. Re-doing it didn't bother me. Also, you can walk around the Boss/Mob in Marleybone, Krokotopia, and Mooshu to get the Obsidian Chests. :/ So all i really had to Fight for was for the Wizard City Obsidian Chests and Labyrinth one, heck, it was actually fun. Soooo... I have no idea what you are talking about when you saying boring.... Sorry.

Now if there was Obsidian Chests in Celestia and Waterworks, (There is none there, and LOL, thank Heavens for that, but, there will probably never be Obsidian Chests in Celestia or Waterworks) thats a whole different Story, LOL!

Explorer
Jan 03, 2012
well not much use if done with labyrinth but before you could put a mark in deans cell to do it but you get extra xp from doing it.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
cjball2018 wrote:
well not much use if done with labyrinth but before you could put a mark in deans cell to do it but you get extra xp from doing it.

You can't Teleport to a Teleport Mark in a Dungeons.... Nor Instances, nor Towers...

'Ya can only teleport to a Teleport Mark if its in the Streets or Commons Area of the World.

Calamity Orgeblossom level 47 Theurgist

Survivor
Apr 07, 2012
I just tell my friends: " Can you help me with this quest?" Then they say yes. When we come into a boss place, i say " You go first ". He goes, then I get the chest. After the boss is nearly dead, i join the battle! LOL! When were done I say " Now, that was easy! " --- I have nearly full health. He just says " Yeah, right " ---- He is nearly dead.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2011
Thank you for all the replies. I suppose you are right, it isn't too bad, guess I just needed to take a break from this for awhile, although, I really do wish they'd make it a bit different and more interesting than redoing the same thing.

Thanks again all! Now stop reading this and get back to spell slinging!

Marcus D