Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Vault of ice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 23, 2012
I'm trying to beat krokatopia so i can go into marlybone, but i started getting quests in the vault of ice but it won't let me in there, what do i do

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
thank heaven some one brought this up! I have been emailing the tech support about various broken doors and obelisks associated with the quests in the Emporers Retreat and the Vault of Ice for nearly two weeks. I am starting to doubt my own sanity--lol

I re-installed the Wiz101 program, hoping that it was just running wrong or something but that has not proven to be the case: the glitches seem to be in the online game.

The short list of those I have brought up in my reports of bugs to tech support are:

1. The Main Door to the Vault of Ice doesnt open about half of the time, depending on your quest (this is the one with the 10 second count down that admits you to the dungeon)

2. the Obelisk that allows the inner door to the Order of the Fang to open doesnt light. Ergo, that inner door doesnt open. Ergo, no fang. Because it is a dungeon, it just reverts back to zero when you leave, so even if you defeat the Mysteries, which I have done twice now, you cant get any credit for it because the final door wont open. From what I can tell, a "light bulb is out" in the Obelisk with the Krok Head.

3. The Emporer's Retreat Quest to kill Krokohotep is full of glitches, almost too many to list. I have played this quest more than a half a dozen times with various people on my freinds list who asked me to teleport to them and help finish the duels. Im really really really really sure. The question for Tech Support seems to be "are you really sure" and the answer is: yes! I am sure!

This quest does various things at various times. In the many times I have played it, the glitchs have varied from accelerating you through the points, without having to move one step from the spot your wizard is standing, although it has never exempted any duels. It will exempt all the running back and forth to talk to Shalek the Wise. The last time I played about 1 day ago, it made me kill the princes but wouldnt let me through the door to kill Krokhotep.

All of these doors have a lever some where and Tech repeated ly asks me "have you pulled the lever"? And the answer is : yes I pulled the lever. Yes I am sure.

The problem with the door opening in the Emporer's Retreat seems to be that you have to light 6 Obelisks in front of the door. But yet the door wont open. Having been through this in the Vault of Ice a number of times and experianced the other quest glitchs, I was almost sure it probably might be OK and work since I got all 6 to light successfully ; however, the door just wouldnt open and I do not have a theory what is causing that.

It is somewhat tedious and nerve wracking to write to Tech Support everyday for weeks (or at least it seems that way--lol) but I would suggest you do so. Otherwise, how will they know something is wrong, if you dont report the problem?

Also if other players all report the same problem, then it makes it more clear that this is really a problem with the online running of the game and has become a glitch and that its not some story I cooked up because I didnt want to do the quest. That simply is not the case.

I have to say though: doing this quest again and again and having the same problems over and over again is a bit tiresome.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
:D

I have a short follow up to the Emporer's Retreat situation, on Krokotopia.

Today I was able to get through the doors and I won a mounted head of Krokotep as part of the loot. Nice! That thing looks pretty good hanging on my wall--lol

As to the glitches in Emporer's Retreat, I dont have any explaination, but I can shed some light on the final door.

The secret is in another seperate quest, called Ako's Chest. In that quest you are helping Ako to prove his father was a champion in the Arena by retrieving his father's Chest which has in it a medal of sorts.............etc.

Ok, so to get the chest you have to follow "clues". This is a bit difficult to understand and if I dont explain it well, I would urge somebody to look up the Ako's Chest Message Board which has a full discussion of it and explanations.

Basically, when you finally get in to the room where the chest is hidden, the obelisk's that must be lit are pointed out by three standing plaque's of the Sun, Moon and Krok head. That is how you "know" that these are the obelisques which should be lit. The confusing part is that the moment you start toward the center of the room, they vanish! Poof!

Ok eventually people get that these are "clues" and they light the right obelisk, then the box appears.

So: the Emporer's Retreat final door is similar. Part of why I could never get the door to open usually had to do with timing: I always seemed to arrive after the clues had vanished, somehow. It happens, its a dungeon. That one is especially, more than most, is full of random people going around doing things to the quest clues. Everything gets jumbled.

Here's how you open the Emporer's Retreat door (one of the ones I just listed) you wait to see the "keys" that appear after you defeat the keymaster. Then light the appropriate obelisks.

I wish it were that simple to open the final door to the Vault of Ice! However I have never seen any clues. And trust me, I looked.

The good news is that at least for me, finishing the Emporer's Retreat quest was enough to get me out of the Krokosphinx and into the Island of Storms ; so I suppose I dont "have to" do the Vault of Ice quest now, I can come back to it later.

However, if there is any secret to this matter that can be brought to light, I would very much like to know it !!

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012

OK follow up to the Vault of Ice Quest!

After some dozen tete-a-tete's with Tech Support ; they have altered the Vault of Ice quest and let me finish it.

So now, it never does open any door (in my experiance).

Intead it sends you back to Shalek the Wise and he pays you and gives you the Exp Pts and you just beat it out of there. Thats it. Its then off the Quest List.

The door has a huge pad lock on the front (did they add that? I dont remember that being there before...........) and instead of it opening as is supposed by the quest instructions, you do a little twist and get out.

The good news is that they fixed the broken Krok Head Obelisk light. Now instead of it opening the door, you do a sequence where you light 1 Obelisk, then pull the Lever, then light the second Obelisk, then leave. After that, you are directed to go back to the location of Shalek the Wise outside of the Dungeon (he has a number of locations) where you get paid and are discharged of the Vault of Ice Quest.

My advice to players is: roll with the punches.

Alot of kids get discouraged. I know becausae they complain to me about how this sort of thing is stressful. And I think that Tech Support needs to stay ahead of it for a lot of reasons, not just so everything works, but also because when players get discouraged they leave! They just quit and wont play any more. Or they resort to cheating. Both of which are very bad for the ongoing gaming practice on Wiz101 !

but look: realistically, things happen. You just have to try not to get upset about it. It took me about 2 weeks of writing to Tech Support every day for them to do whatever they did to get me out of the quest (apparently called "patching").

And even now I still have outstanding problems they havent fixed in other related matters. For example, I have been fighting in Marleybone for a few days now and was given a Badge, which doesnt appear at all in my Badge List (!!??) so I am still wearing the "Order of the Fang" Badge in Marelybone ---lol

Or, that my "Draw" card for my Treasure Cards has never worked from Day 1. Last night I leveled up to level 35 and I have been invited to some pretty hardcore dungeons. How am I supposed to finish these dungeons?! without using extra treasure cards? I have a huge collection of them since I have never drawn them even once (the button wont light, during combat, it just stays black)

True to form, the Tech Support keeps asking me over and over and over again if I am sure I know which cards are treasure cards and if I have loaded them into the deck. You can only say "Yes" to these questions again and again so many times before this becomes rediculous.

However: my advice is, if you are having trouble, you just have to keep writing to Tech Support and try to let them solve it, eventually. After all its only a game, right?

Survivor
Mar 24, 2012
blkrsenmaiden wrote:

OK follow up to the Vault of Ice Quest!

After some dozen tete-a-tete's with Tech Support ; they have altered the Vault of Ice quest and let me finish it.

So now, it never does open any door (in my experiance).

Intead it sends you back to Shalek the Wise and he pays you and gives you the Exp Pts and you just beat it out of there. Thats it. Its then off the Quest List.

The door has a huge pad lock on the front (did they add that? I dont remember that being there before...........) and instead of it opening as is supposed by the quest instructions, you do a little twist and get out.

The good news is that they fixed the broken Krok Head Obelisk light. Now instead of it opening the door, you do a sequence where you light 1 Obelisk, then pull the Lever, then light the second Obelisk, then leave. After that, you are directed to go back to the location of Shalek the Wise outside of the Dungeon (he has a number of locations) where you get paid and are discharged of the Vault of Ice Quest.

My advice to players is: roll with the punches.

Alot of kids get discouraged. I know becausae they complain to me about how this sort of thing is stressful. And I think that Tech Support needs to stay ahead of it for a lot of reasons, not just so everything works, but also because when players get discouraged they leave! They just quit and wont play any more. Or they resort to cheating. Both of which are very bad for the ongoing gaming practice on Wiz101 !

but look: realistically, things happen. You just have to try not to get upset about it. It took me about 2 weeks of writing to Tech Support every day for them to do whatever they did to get me out of the quest (apparently called "patching").

And even now I still have outstanding problems they havent fixed in other related matters. For example, I have been fighting in Marleybone for a few days now and was given a Badge, which doesnt appear at all in my Badge List (!!??) so I am still wearing the "Order of the Fang" Badge in Marelybone ---lol

Or, that my "Draw" card for my Treasure Cards has never worked from Day 1. Last night I leveled up to level 35 and I have been invited to some pretty hardcore dungeons. How am I supposed to finish these dungeons?! without using extra treasure cards? I have a huge collection of them since I have never drawn them even once (the button wont light, during combat, it just stays black)

True to form, the Tech Support keeps asking me over and over and over again if I am sure I know which cards are treasure cards and if I have loaded them into the deck. You can only say "Yes" to these questions again and again so many times before this becomes rediculous.

However: my advice is, if you are having trouble, you just have to keep writing to Tech Support and try to let them solve it, eventually. After all its only a game, right?

I agree with all the problems listed here as well. I never used a treasure card either. Never works

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
101Thunderbolts wrote:

I agree with all the problems listed here as well. I never used a treasure card either. Never works

I just have one question here. Please be patient with me on this.

Are you sure that you "equipped" your Treasure Cards into your spell deck?

Just like you equip your regular spells into your deck, you must also equip your Treasure Cards too.

In case you need info on this, when you press "p" to open your spell deck, and you see all of your regular spells, then look at the tabs at the top of that page, and click on the "yellow treasure card" at the far right side.

This will open up your "treasure card" side deck. And just like you clicked on your other spells to put them into your deck, you must do the same thing here with the Treasure Cards. Click on a Treasure Card and it will put it into the side deck.

Now when you are in a battle, you must discard (right click on a spell) one of the regular spells, and then the "draw" button will light up and you should be able to draw one of the treasure cards. (The selection is random. It picks one for you.)

I hope this helps you get to use your Treasure Cards. :?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Just another comment here... I have found that the younger players seem to do better at some of these puzzles than I do. I play this game with my grandson, and he has helped me through more than one puzzle where I got stuck. His main wizard is in Zafaria now, and he saved me recently when I was doing the Trial of the Spheres in Celestia. You want to see some puzzles. Wait until you get there.

And as far as Tech Support, I have found them to be more than helpful, even on some of the most simple things that I question. And if their first answer doesn't help me, I go back to them (politely and with respect), and ask for more help with the issue. As far as I'm concerned, they do an outstanding job. Hats off to Support !!

I guess that was more than one comment. But as my grandson says...just sayin... :D

Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
I am completely lost on this quest. I don't even know where the defender, keeper, guardian and whatever the other one are! i follow the arrow to the door but then the book says i have to defeat the others and solve the riddles i guess? well where are they!?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
firestorm101590 wrote:
I am completely lost on this quest. I don't even know where the defender, keeper, guardian and whatever the other one are! i follow the arrow to the door but then the book says i have to defeat the others and solve the riddles i guess? well where are they!?

Here is a link that shows the Vault of Ice:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:The_Vault_of_Ice

There are three bosses that you must defeat first: The Defender, The Guardian, and The Protector. And you must solve the puzzle in each room too. (If you stay to the "left" side of the dungeon as you are going to each room, it will take you to the next boss you must fight.)

Then the main door opens and you fight The Keeper of the Fang.

Hope this helps.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2011
hello
im having some trouble if anyone would like to help me
how do you open the three locks in the valt of ice

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
All I need to do is the rubbings, yet the door will not open. What is the trick for opening the door? I have been stuck for a week on this quest.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
GrimmEvil wrote:
All I need to do is the rubbings, yet the door will not open. What is the trick for opening the door? I have been stuck for a week on this quest.

In order to open the "last door" in the Vault of Ice to get the rubbings, you must go through the whole instance and defeat the other three bosses in there first. Then the last door will open for you. There are no shortcuts.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
I've done the Vault of Ice four times in the past couple of days to complete various quests. I've never had an issue with unlocking the three doors to open the 'main' door. In fact, I'd say that this is probably one of the quickest and easiest dungeons to complete in the game.

One of the three puzzles is a bit tricky in that you have to push a lever towards the left-hand obelisk to get it to light and then push the lever back to the middle (since it never goes to the right) in order to light the right-hand obelisk. I wonder if this is what someone was referring to when they said the 'light bulb in the obelisk was broken'? I found that the right-hand obelisk was 'turned off' and didn't even offer the ability to activate it while the lever was pushed to the left.

But, aside from that which only wasted a few seconds, the Vault is completely playable and winnable (and is relatively easy, even for a Death wizard).

Defender
May 24, 2012
I think I finally see the problem with the Vault door. Ako sends you to collect 3 things, the last of which is an etching of an obelisk that's behind the door. That door isn't supposed to let you in until you go through several rounds with spiders, sand monsters, Stonechin, and then Ako's father (can't remember his name). At that point you've rebuilt Gen Kaba's sword etc. Ako's father tells you to go tell Shelek that everything's ready to restore the Order of the Fang. Shelek tells you to meet him in the Vault, and THAT'S when it opens. It would do no good to get into the door any earlier because the obelisk is actually IN THE VAULT, not somewhere in the hall. So before you can complete the obelisk rub you have to defeat the defenders of the Fang (those blue girls that look like Scarlet screamers) and solve all their riddles. At that point the vault door opens and you can solve 2 quests at once.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
Thanks for the help. I figured it out after posting in here. asicly had to finishe the Arena Quests first, then it opened up. But thank you for all the help.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2012
I feel like a lot of people are saying "i only need to get the rubbings in the vault of ice but i cant get in. help" well i have read various answers to this and they all say that you have to defeat 3 bosses before you get in. While that is helpful, i don't even have that quest or know how to get it. who do i go to? where do i go?

Survivor
Jun 27, 2012
I have done the vault with the ako three collection, defeats and father. I have defeated all the screaming girls. No matter what I do. Yes I pulled the level. Yes i tried every color change with those brazens. Yes I have tried changing the obelisks to have color. Nothing works! That door stares at me. Please help!

Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
I cant get into the Vault of Ice. I am level 20 and i have the quest and leading me to there, yet when I try to enter the countdown doesn't start and the place where you stand doesn't light up for me. Is there something I need to do first, a quest or two ? I would love to be able to do this, I have been stuck on it for about 2 weeks. Help Please ?! It would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Amanda Shadowkeeper

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
AmandaaaxD wrote:
I cant get into the Vault of Ice. I am level 20 and i have the quest and leading me to there, yet when I try to enter the countdown doesn't start and the place where you stand doesn't light up for me. Is there something I need to do first, a quest or two ? I would love to be able to do this, I have been stuck on it for about 2 weeks. Help Please ?! It would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Amanda Shadowkeeper

It sounds like you have the side quest to "get a rubbing from the obelisk in the Vault of Ice".

This happens a lot in the game. You get a quest to go to an area where you don't have access yet. You need to continue to do your other quests and follow the main storyline. Eventually, you will be led to Shalek the Wise in the Entrance Hall and he will give you a quest to enter the Vault of Ice. Then you can do both quests at the same time.