Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Class Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
Not sure many would enjoy this class but I thought it might be interesting.

Glass Wizard

Some spell name ideas for the class:

Shard
Magnify
Prism
Reflect
Mirror
Crystal Prison
Broken Rain
Transparency
Full Spectrum

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
dounut789 wrote:
Water

spells

guppies

land shark

tsunami

Ice is more or less Water isn't it? It's pretty much the same, they just have different names. 8)

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
MrArchAngel wrote:

Glass Wizard

Shard
Magnify
Prism
Reflect
Mirror
Crystal Prison
Broken Rain
Transparency
Full Spectrum

I like your imagination, Glass is a very interesting idea.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
I have to say, I like the glass wizard idea. Reflect would be an awesome spell, say it reflects 50% of the damage back at the attacker? I would play one.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2008
Hey um i like this idea glass i would try this because it interseting like i am glass but have come up with a new word for [glass] wizard because it sound and not trying to be rude but is there going to new school and if glass wizard be on list and i will want to be a water wizard the spells that people is weird maybe and some squit spell from toontown and one more thing THERE SHOULD BE LEMON WIZARDS

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
dounut789 wrote:

Ice is more or less Water isn't it? It's pretty much the same, they just have different names. 8)

Storm is obviously water! And anyway about the new element thing, should it be like balance and have no shield against it? Or start another group like the element group (fire, ice, storm) and the spirit group (life, myth, death) ?

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
definitly liking the new class ideas! glass sounds really, interesting. if we have new classes i do think we should have multiple. i think a grass or, nature school would be interesting. but life kinda takes that spot, if we couldnt do nature school we maybe could add cool new life spells. like natures wrath or leaf blades, something cool like that. i will see what new kind of class ideas pop into my head ..

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
Oh, and about the glass wizard name, as disney suggested changing the name or "word" for glass, it could be a crystal or diamond wizard. Just thinking out loud :D :D :D

Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
MrArchAngel wrote:

Glass Wizard

Shard
Magnify
Prism
Reflect
Mirror
Crystal Prison
Broken Rain
Transparency
Full Spectrum

Wow, this is an excellent idea, like others have said, I would totally play a class like this. This also gets me thinking, if I may annex your idea, what about special classes or super classes? For example, these special classes could be either like a combination of other classes or a whole new class with more powerful spells (powerful not necessarily always meaning hitting harder too - like the reflect 50% back at attacker is a sweet idea!)

These special classes could be unlocked by either reaching a certain level, getting a special set of items in the game, finishing a secret area...or finding a secret area, etc...

My two cents...I have to say that the creativity of this community is the best that I've seen in an mmo community...it's very refreshing!

Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
quizzer90 wrote:
dounut789 wrote:

Storm is obviously water! And anyway about the new element thing, should it be like balance and have no shield against it? Or start another group like the element group (fire, ice, storm) and the spirit group (life, myth, death) ?

Or what about even making like a more powerful version of each element:

Fire could graduate into Lava,
Storm could graduate into Maelstrom,
Death could graduate into Destruction (I'm thinking complete destruction )

and so on

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
What is the point of the class in terms of game mechanics? If all you're going to do is put a different skin on a class that already exists, then your new class will be redundant and hence pointless.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2008
I don't like any ofglass or water. Storm is just like water and a tsume is like tempest the 7 schools are all the class we need.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
I think a "Holy" or "Light" class would be cool. Could have lots of possibilites for spell types.

Survivor
May 14, 2009
Quizzical wrote:
What is the point of the class in terms of game mechanics? If all you're going to do is put a different skin on a class that already exists, then your new class will be redundant and hence pointless.

If you must have different mechanics then how about suggesting them yourself rather than simply negating someone else's efforts?

I'm not sure what such a hardcore player as you appear to be from your posts is doing playing this kind of game but based on your criteria there, isn't every class redundant and a different skin of the others? Many spells already are simply skins of a different class, Ice, Fire and Storm Elf serving as examples. Add in the Mutate series of Treasure Cards and nearly every class becomes redundant.

Personally I think the Crystal Wizard sounds rather interesting. Obviously it would be *nice* to have the new class have new graphics and at least one new mechanic. I particularly like the idea of a Reflect spell. It's name says it all. Cast it on yourself and it bounces back the first spell cast on it. I'm not into the game mechanics enough to suggest what Rank it would be so I leave that to anyone else who wants to argue about it. :P

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
When I saw "glass wizard" I was not too impressed. But then I read you suggestions for spells and realized that it is actually a pretty good idea. But as someone else suggested, a better name might be "Crystal" or "Light" (since many of your spells seem to involve light & it's manipulation.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Awesome idea! :D Change the name to something more dynamic, and you'll have a fantastic idea on your hands!