Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't Get into Ravenscar

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
Hey guys,
I just started playing this game again and I am lost.... I need to get a book in Ravenscar and it is locked and I can't get in! I looked for the quest to talk to the king and defeat Jotun but I am pretty sure I have done that. I am level 59 so the quest should be unlocked and I am clueless to where the king is.
Any help???

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
the king is in the building by biorn ironclaws. If you've defeated jotun, you should be able to get in

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
brickhead12 wrote:
the king is in the building by biorn ironclaws. If you've defeated jotun, you should be able to get in

Yes you must defeat Jotun to get into Ravenscar. But i am warning you you should get lots of good friends because Jotun comes with a minion with 1000 hp and two other bosses with him that have 8000 while, Jotun has 9000 hp.

Level 58 Ice Wizard

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
If you are only 'pretty sure' you have defeated Jotun, then I would see if the king has anything to say and got try again. You have to talk to him after you defeat Jotun as well. Also, go talk to Ambrose and see if he has anything. I don't recall whether he has to 'send' you back to Grizzleheim to do Ravenscar or not. It has also happened to me, that after I defeat Jotun, my quest tracker will still say "Defeat Jotun" at the bottom of the screen and I have to start over and fight him again. 3 bosses on Grizzleheim have done that to me and several on Celestia as well, so you may have fought him, but had a glitch.
If you solo, it is slower, but easier, to fight Jotun's brothers individually in the 2 side dungeons before you tackle him. That way all he has with him is a single grendel minion, and not both brothers. Don't be afraid to ask for help either.