Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 4-13-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Oooh, it's another Friday the 13th. We just had one 3 months ago, pretty crazy! Might be time to find another spooky spot in the spiral for the evening... For now, though, it's time for another Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we put Avalon on the Test Server, along with a list of other things (which <a href="https://www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/testrealm">you can see here</a>)! We've been working on this one since late last year and are VERY excited to invite you to play with all the badgers and foxes and dogs (oh my!). So the question this week is simple - what are you most excited about for this upcoming update?

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
If I could put in full caps, I would. But here's what I'm excited about:
New spells
New wands
New quests
More level ups
More fun in wizard101
Time to get my friends back on playing wizard101

The most important, more fun soloing!

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
The World is the must exciting part! but the Healing Current spell and Triton pet kinda got me questioning is really worth questing for something we dislike?

The unfair part I don't see any other school but Storm get 2 spells that backfires with 10,000 damage. Is just bad...

Life school have been asking for a long time a Centaur pet, also Storm has been asking for a Storm Leviathan pet.

Is not fair that the others schools such as Myth got their Level 68 spell creatures as pet, while Storm gets Triton which is old.

Triton the guardian of the seas has been shrunk into a Tuna.

Overall is a excellent update with new bosses cool looking gear, graphics have improve.

I do wish KI could actually give players a second hope for not receiving the pets they been waiting for.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2010
8) I am most excited for the new gardening lvls and wands as housing decorations! 8) Oh also i cant wait for my bone drake pet

-Valdus Deathbane Death lvl 70
Valdus Deathcrafter Death lvl 39

Survivor
Aug 10, 2011
Just got to Abbey Road today...Avalon has been just great so far. It has the same quality as the rest of the game. I am really enjoying Avalon and look forward to playing when it is released to the rest of the game too. :D

Armiger
May 10, 2010
What am I most excited about? Um, oh, um, maybe Everything!

This is an excellent update. The world looks awesome, the Bosses are Wickedly cool, it is challenging and a lot of fun.

The only thing I can say that I am not excited about, is the fact that I am now level 76 on test and still have not found any gear better than Level 60 Waterworks Gear.

Thank you for the excellent update. Please make it even better and do a few changes to the gear in test realm.

Thank you :D

Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
Survivor
Dec 25, 2009
Unequivocally: the level cap increase! This game has such a strict level cap in comparison with other MMORPGs I've played, that it will be nice to be able to advance again finally. Really levels should be added to account for wysteria and wintertusk, so that new players don't get stuck at the top with no ability to gain experience like I did. I also have to say I'm excited about the new spells, new spells change the dynamics of the game and keep it interesting.

Side note: we are getting new level 78 pets, but what about the level 68 pets? It seems a bit strange that they got skipped entirely, and I'm hoping that we will get them at some point anyway.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
New spells ;) and I can't wait to see the new creatures and places. Especially the last boss. I wonder who it is.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
I think the most thing i hope for in this update. is when Avalon comes to the live realm. I found a few glitches but solved them and got to kill the PenDragon! (Major Spoiler there if you didnt beat Avalon, dont say i didnt warn you.) Only down side I think is for the update, is the new pets. I mean, they're pretty epic, just the talents. They have, "selfish" talents, or Derby-type talents, in the normal talents section. I got my efreet up to teen and it learned 2 selfish talents, so hopefully when this comes to live, the talents will be better for the pets. Avalon is really a great world though! -Sean Flame, Omnipotent Pyromancer(Test realm), level 80

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
I love the new world, but hope to be able to craft a new house or two soon.I crafted both houses a long time ago and was hoping you guys would come out with onther one soon.Maybe a under water house!

Survivor
Nov 14, 2010
Well, I must say that Avalon is coming just in time for me. I have been considering dropping my membership because the pet hatching has been so off (the traits are no longer passed from the "parent" pets- they seem to just be random now) and I was out of things to do.

I have played the test realm and cant wait for it to go live. When will this happen? I am looking forward to the new spells, new pets and the quests so I can get back together with old in-game friends and work through these quests again!

I am excited that the battles in Avalon are a little more challenging than past areas, and that the world is created for all of us who have maxed out in the game.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
I like the World! (Althrough i haven't gotten there, i saw some Videos and Photos of it lol) But, hey, i really like all the new Updates! Keep it coming KI!

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I haven't done much of the world yet, but here is what I'm looking forward to the most, so far:

1. The monster fights, including mob fights, are a decent challenge. I'm really looking forward to being challenged by mobs and bosses.

2. Higher gardening ranks

3. Already I see several rock n roll references. I'm looking forward to finding many fun "Easter Eggs." Such as:

Avalon- The Avalon Ballroom was a famous music venue in San Francisco
Abbey Road- a classic Beatles Album from 1969
Page Jimmy- Jimmy Page, wonderful guitarist from Led Zeppelin
Gerry Gilliam- Terry Gilliam of Monty Python fame? It's not rock n roll but somehow it fits in nicely right along side.

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
I really like all the dragons; I really hope they will be turned into mounts.

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
If I had to pick just one thing, it's the Arthurian scenery - bright sunny days, lush greenery & flowers, knights and lords & ladies! I want to buy a house there and move right in.

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
Hard to pin down one thing. I think Avalon is one of the best releases to date. Challenging to solo but not super easy even with a group. I think it hits a nice balance of kids not needing to be master tacticians to survive and adults not being bored with mobs that you only need 3 cards to fight.

I only played to level 72 in test realm, but had already gotten a new seed, an Avalon music scroll, and a bow style wand. So my hopes for the new world are that the drops stay that good in live realm.

I do look forward to leveling up my gardening skills, getting the new pets and seeing what new hybrids might be hidden in the gene pool. Also looking forward to my best in-game friend renewing his subscription, so release as soon as the bugs are worked out, please! :)

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
make the triton pet bigger! he is so small and more like a pets, pet! if he is bigger that would be better but if anything make a leviathan pet that flys! or just levitates! thanks for the update but also you update really fast with these new worlds give us some time to finish up a world before you release a new one
Thanks !

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I'm always for a new level cap increse, it means i no longer have to hover just below level 70 to avoid losing experience.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
The new Avalon is so cool but I'm a little bummed the are no 78 spells is there a reason why if so please tell I was really looking forward to it but great job with the world anyway and I love the pets:) keep it up KI

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I for one, am happy for my new Guardian Spirit spell. KingsIsle really did a good job on this one. It will help in PvP, and PvE. It's about time they give us something worth our while.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
I'm excited about getting new school pets. The ones I've seen pics of are so cool! I hope they make some awesome hybrids!

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
i really like how you gave us utility spells, that way we have more "toys" to play around with i just hope there is some good crafting and maybe a level 80 version of a dungeon to get gear at some point. i have tested it a bit, and so far its pretty cool good job KI

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Hanging up my wands, the new quests, new lands to explore, new natives to meet, and ugh I have trouble picking a favorite! Nice Job with this one KI!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Avalon is great so far. The thing I'm most looking forward to is the mass prism spell. Even more than that, though, I'm really hoping for Avalon houses (the little mushroom houses especially...) and the furniture/decorations to be added to our housing options. The tables, rugs, tapestries, and benches are just lovely.