Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can I report..?

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Usually, in the commons, when I am just hanging out with my friends or something, there will be an occassional person saying something such as:

Give me treasure cards and I will gift you a hoard pack!
Give me treasure cards and I will give you some after
Gift me and I will give you treasure cards!
And on and on...

But lets face it, not judging, but if someone has no subscription or crowns, a lvl 3 necromancer probably isnt going to gift someone.
So my question is, can we report these people who obviously are trying to scam us? I have faced this multiple times, but was always to worried about getting myself muted or banned if I hit the report button.

P.S: Are there any exclusions that apply to this??? ._.

Administrator
What is NOT considered a Reportable Offense?
Because false reporting can be construed and/or used as harassment of other players, we’d like to take a moment to ensure you are aware of what does NOT fall under the category of a reportable offense:

“S/he falsely reported me” or reporting someone for false reporting (2 wrongs don’t make a right)

“Won’t leave my house” (pick your friends wisely and avail yourself of the non-porting option)

“Being rude” (We’re sorry, we can’t enforce good manners. Use the ignore button liberally &/or change realms. It’s wholly up to you to choose to stay around someone that’s not nice to you.)

“Chain Stunning” (admittedly, it’s not much fun for the receiving team, but it’s not a violation of the game rules).

“Scamming” (Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade and discourage others from doing so as well. )

“Spamming” (Although the Terms of Use mention spamming, it’s related to email/web posts. Yeah, it’s annoying in game and never of profound statement. Refer to “Being Rude”).

community@wizard101.com
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
What is NOT considered a Reportable Offense?
Because false reporting can be construed and/or used as harassment of other players, we’d like to take a moment to ensure you are aware of what does NOT fall under the category of a reportable offense:

“S/he falsely reported me” or reporting someone for false reporting (2 wrongs don’t make a right)

“Won’t leave my house” (pick your friends wisely and avail yourself of the non-porting option)

“Being rude” (We’re sorry, we can’t enforce good manners. Use the ignore button liberally &/or change realms. It’s wholly up to you to choose to stay around someone that’s not nice to you.)

“Chain Stunning” (admittedly, it’s not much fun for the receiving team, but it’s not a violation of the game rules).

“Scamming” (Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade and discourage others from doing so as well. )

“Spamming” (Although the Terms of Use mention spamming, it’s related to email/web posts. Yeah, it’s annoying in game and never of profound statement. Refer to “Being Rude”).

Ahaha, sorry, about 2 hours after I posted I went to common questions, and facepalmed myself once I saw this!