Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pink is only for girls.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 11, 2008
I, too wish pink was an option for guys.

As any real wrestling fan would know, Pink and Black are the colors of the legendary Bret Hart and The Hart Foundation, as well as the New Hart Dynasty.

Not too mention, Pink and Black are the colors of hard rock band, Twisted Sister. With as many rock band references that there are in this game, I find it hard to believe this went unnoticed by the developers.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
PeteWhite wrote:
What happens if you use a female character to buy pink outfits and then place them in your shared bank. Would they stay pink if your male character went to pull them out? Or would they change color automatically and what color would they change to?
They would turn orange.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
Resetti123 wrote:
Blazian wrote:
Let's think about audience here. A bunch of kids play this game. What happens if some guy runs around in pink? Also, it's hard enough to tell the difference between girls and guys in this game, having a color just for girls seems more like a smart color choice than a sexist one.

However, guys being able to buy cheaper clothes than girls isn't right. Although...

You know, I probably should keep my mouth shut.

Some point you're right. Many people mistake me for a boy in the game, very little on purpose, but still. Once I was in a PvP match when a guy opponent said to his teammate: "Get him!" My other teammate was a girl with long hair, so I knew he meant me. I have the spiky-hair style that looks like a boy's (and also looks like the worlds of the Spiral had a hair gel shortage trying to style it), and my face choice isn't so girly either.

But I'm saying....

It's not about the character looks, is it? Boys and girls should have equal rights. And another player said blue was always for boys. Well in the 60s or something, pink was a boys' color. You can Google it for all I care. Anyway, it's not fair girls have to spend more gold because of paint, too. I think ALL clothes should be the same price, same with items, as someone else said, card blah thing, one hat was 16,000 and the other was 17,400. Maybe BOTH hats could be the same price, for all colors. It isn't fair.

Also for someone said a person could dye an item pink or what and put it in the bank. It won't work, because that could be a GIRLS' CLOTHING ITEM, meant for GIRLS to wear, and not boys, (ex. A boy wearing a girls' robe like a boy wearing a dress). Therefore, even if they managed to get the item they couldn't wear it whatsoever.

Scarlet HawkHeart
Lvl 31 Magus Sorcerer

there is no such thing as a girls robe or boys, yes the game has been set so that there are different coolours, but all robes, hats shoes can be worn by each sex. have you seen the low lvl hat boys wear with the three points? on a girl it has one and falls over to the side. try it i do this all the time now that i realized some things are cheaper for girls, some for boys. If i get something in drop and find it will be cheaper to dye it with my boy taking it to the shop to dye he runs that errand lol

Survivor
May 31, 2009
goldfish8 wrote:
Why is pink only for girls, like for their clothes and other stuff, why do they only get pink and Boys only get the rest?
I think pink is a pretty cool color if you ask me.

I think Pink is a Girls-Only color. I don't wanna dress up as a boy wizard, wearing Pink! That would be embarrasing! Well I am a boy! So deal with it, goldfish8!

Respond, paste, be happy!

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Orca wrote:
we never did? well i wear pink at my school and I am cool. Tough boys wear pink

Tough boys don't play wiz101?

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
I'm a girl, I hate pink and I wear black and white, well because if a necromancer.

But KI should put some pink in for boys, I mean pink can go good with some of their outfits!

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I've never made a male character so I'm not sure on this color debate on what's available and the pricing scheme, but I do know that as a female Pyromancer, the default color is Pink, when really for fire, this should be red, like I see all the male characters getting. I may actually be female, and I may play female toons, but that doesn't mean I want to wear pink. Getting a good fire drop and having to constantly spend money to redye it gets expensive, too, especially when a male toon wouldn't have to go through the redye process.

All colors for all characters, please!

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
Meanwolfe1 wrote:
Truly SEXIST!

I am angered and annoyed. As a woman and a mother I strive very hard to teach my son that equality can be real and all women should be treated as equally and fairly as all men.

I enjoy playing Wizard 101 with my son, partly because in that world everyone is on the same playing field. No one receives lower valued Wooden Chests for being a girl, no one receives less in gold prize money after defeating a boss just for being a girl.

AND THEN WHAT'S THIS! We get to Mooshu, find the awesome Headgear of the Sylth hat that comes with a Tryad card. My son saves his coins and buys it. I am so impressed with the Tryad card I decide to buy the hat as well, only to find out that he bought the hat in brown for $16,000, but the lowest I can buy it for is $17,400!!!! In ultra bland white and gold no less.

BECAUSE MY CHARACTER IS A GIRL!!!!

I am outraged and a bit personally offended. This INEQUALITY of the SEXES MUST be corrected immediately. How can we tell our sons and daughters that the world will offer them an equal chance in life when a children's video game can't even accomplish it?!?!

Kristen Blue
Level 40 Necromancer

I extremely agree with you! That is VERY sexist! I haven't been all around MooShu but that sounds sexist.
I hope KI can understand this.
I am sorry to hear that, too. :(

Survivor
May 14, 2009
WHAT???????????? i never knew that and ive been on for a while well at least i play a lot. i have three boy characters and three girls. i only dye stuff for school colors for example my life boy has green and my balance girl has tan and gold. im a girl and blue is one of my favorite colors

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
I just found out girls have to pay more money for clothes than boys by reading some of your posts.......

SEXIST!!!!!!!!!!! TRULY SEXIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KI, this is sexist! Please make a change to this!!!!!! Boy sand girls should be treated THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no problem with girls playing nor boys, but make girls pay more????

Why? Why make girls pay more? Is there a reason?

Say I want a cloak that costs hmmmm maybe 3,200 gold, I save my money and then I find out boys can get it for cheaper?

Please make some changes KI. Make boys and girls treated equally.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Deja vu. I just posted something just like this XD
But anyway, I totally agree. Pink is my favorite color.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
yeah boys can't use gold or pink and girls can't use brown its realy stupid.

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
This is kinda why I'm vouching for a Chaos school. That way, the school colors would be pink and purple; the colors of the Void.

Dark purple and pink make a nice color combination.

Delver
May 31, 2009
pink is not the only color difference, boys get brown and girls get gold. I think you will find a couple more.

Explorer
May 31, 2008
I think all the colors should just be available for everyone, it isn't meant to be KingsIsles choice, its meant to be the players, also i think a Gold-Pink outfit will look pretty good. why are the boys being deprived of fashion? :)

I don't see why both genders can't have all the color options, not just a specifically tailored pattern.

-Swift

P.S I like Pink :P

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
cows2345 wrote:
goldfish8 wrote:
Why is pink only for girls, like for their clothes and other stuff, why do they only get pink and Boys only get the rest?
I think pink is a pretty cool color if you ask me.

I think Pink is a Girls-Only color. I don't wanna dress up as a boy wizard, wearing Pink! That would be embarrasing! Well I am a boy! So deal with it, goldfish8!

Respond, paste, be happy!

Well, it's completely optional. If you don't want to wear pink, you don't have to. What goldfish8 is saying is that he wants pink to be available for boys, if they want to. I personally don't really care, one way or another, since I haven't made a girl wizard, but that is kind of sexist.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
DarkStorm824 wrote:
I just found out girls have to pay more money for clothes than boys by reading some of your posts.......

SEXIST!!!!!!!!!!! TRULY SEXIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KI, this is sexist! Please make a change to this!!!!!! Boy sand girls should be treated THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no problem with girls playing nor boys, but make girls pay more????

Why? Why make girls pay more? Is there a reason?

Say I want a cloak that costs hmmmm maybe 3,200 gold, I save my money and then I find out boys can get it for cheaper?

Please make some changes KI. Make boys and girls treated equally.

o: i never new this! and i've been playing on wiz101 for more then a year!

Historian
May 15, 2009
this is so true i totally agree
but i THINK if a girl bought like a dryad har from crown shop ( on sale) and changed it to like pink and gold and gifted it to a guy i think it might stay pink and gold?

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
Orca wrote:
we never did? well i wear pink at my school and I am cool. Tough boys wear pink

XD i know right. like every boy in my school (including me) LOVES pink and i think KI should let everyone wear whatever color they want.

Hunter 48 Sorcerer
P.S. I like pink :D

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Swift98 wrote:
I think all the colors should just be available for everyone, it isn't meant to be KingsIsles choice, its meant to be the players, also i think a Gold-Pink outfit will look pretty good. why are the boys being deprived of fashion? :)

I don't see why both genders can't have all the color options, not just a specifically tailored pattern.

-Swift

P.S I like Pink :P

Yes. Boys not getting pink is totally sexiest.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
I dont mean to be rude and i do agree with boys not getting pink as an option is totally SEXIST but just read some of this stuff. everyone is getting so worked up about pink!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Wolf DarkBlade, Master Pyromancer

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
You guys are all wrong if you're saying what colors are for girls and what colors are for boys. Every color is for any person no matter what. Pink all the way to balck are for boys and girls! I am not saying pink is my favorite color (cause trust me it's not) but still I think that a boy and a girl have the same rights on wizard101 as in real life.

James Skull Wielder
grandmaster 50 necromancer

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I love this thread!!!

I agree with everyone who said all colors should be available for both boys and girls. Just crazy to think that one or the other won't want a particular color.

And the thread itself shows that most folks these days aren't stuck on traditional stereotypes. That's nice to see!

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Wow a lot of conspiracy on Sexist being said in these post. Speaking of sexist why does the unicorn mount look to femine ?(girly) If cloth dye has pink only for girls, then why can't there be a unicorn mount that is a bit more on the guy side aswell as the unicorn mount on the girl side?

Pending on the gender of your wizard we should have a choice of what we want our unicorn mount to look like. Because lets face it the unicorn mount looks way to girly for a guy to have, lol.