Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

crafting for the lazy/busy person

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 25, 2012
crafting is just to time consuming. like the female mannequin. 80 ore? really? tell you what how about i give you 250 crowns instead. that's what i want. an option to skip the work. give crowns instead.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
No, money doesn't always solve your problems.. And even so it would be way more crowns, look at the minions. Your taking the easy way and crafting was intended to be a challenge for wizards. Im sorry, but this could never happen

Sean Fireblood lvl 70 fire

See you in the spiral!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I'd have to agree here. I really want to be able to own the bonus spells, but I don't have millions of crowns to spend on card packs and I don't have hours to spend camping in the Bazaar waiting for people to sell the rare reagents I usually need tons of. I'd rather just buy the spells with crowns.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2011
That would not work because some wizards who want to craft something might not have crowns

Historian
May 01, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I'd have to agree here. I really want to be able to own the bonus spells, but I don't have millions of crowns to spend on card packs and I don't have hours to spend camping in the Bazaar waiting for people to sell the rare reagents I usually need tons of. I'd rather just buy the spells with crowns.

Buts that is only part of the facepalming, brain bashing, fun!
Eh, who am I kidding, this is an ok idea, but I think there will be some uproar if it is actually added, because it might be teaching kids the wrong lessons...

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
slammer111 wrote:
Buts that is only part of the facepalming, brain bashing, fun!
Eh, who am I kidding, this is an ok idea, but I think there will be some uproar if it is actually added, because it might be teaching kids the wrong lessons...

And the ridiculous amount of Hoard Packs KI has been turning out are teaching children the right lessons? Since when is this game about teaching life lessons in the first place? I honestly would rather KI make everything available for purchase with the level restrictions intact rather than having these god-awful packs and ridiculously time-consuming crafting projects. Crafting is sorta fun. My Sorcerer's a Grandmaster Crafter; however, I'm not here to craft. I'm here to play the game, experience the schools, and gain as many spells as possible, and I wish the game was more convenient for what I want to do especially since I don't have a lot of free time to play the game.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
I agree and disagree with this.

Good: Less time consuming, might encourage more people to get Crowns,
Bad: Unfair to People who don't have Crowns. Thats all the bads.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Randomperson16 wrote:
Yep, why don't we just skip Quests with Crowns too? (Before you reply to me with a huge NOOOO this is Sarcasm)

No, seriously, i agree and disagree with this.

If you accurately predicted the good outcome, then how is the bad outcome still a problem? You're acting like you can only buy mounts with crowns as of now. You may not be able to buy your way to Transcendent, but what's available in the Crown Shop now makes getting there a lot easier. If that's not the next best (or worst in this case) thing, I don't what is.

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
Crafting is supposed to get more and more challenging. If it is worth having, earn it. Work for it. I like the balance of easy and not so easy. Keeps it from getting too boring. So sorry if not making the entire game pivot on instant gratification bums you out, but not everyone wants the easy way out.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
If you have more than one character on an account, make that one your reagent wizard. Use the shared bank like crazy! I recently crafted the carousel in only two days thanks in no small part to farming and our other wizards' hoarding habits when it comes to reagents. Almost all my gear is crafted from Zafaria and Wintertusk. Crafting is a challenge, but if you just farm Dragonspyre for the ore, and other locations that supply pearls, sandstone, stone block, frost flowers, black lotus, etc., you can craft quite effectively in a short period of time. And if you buy reagents in the bazaar, buy the common one in bulk and make the rare one using a recipe. Much cheaper.

Erin Ice Weaver, Transcended Ice Wizard and Stella, Epic healing wonder Forest Crawler. :D

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
darkcloyd wrote:
crafting is just to time consuming. like the female mannequin. 80 ore? really? tell you what how about i give you 250 crowns instead. that's what i want. an option to skip the work. give crowns instead.

Ah, but crafting is a talent that only some wizards seek to perfect. Crafting is just not for the lazy/busy person. It's more of a hobby in-game, which indicates that a wizard has a certain amount of time to dedicate to gathering reagents, seeking out crafting quests, and making unique items.

Please, leave crafting alone. It's wonderful, Zen-style, fun for the player dedicated to a long relationship with Wizard 101.

Regards,

Qbb and various artisans

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
So you want to be lazy and buy your way out of the game? Sorry, but your out of luck bud.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Randomperson16 wrote:
Yep, why don't we just skip Quests with Crowns too? (Before you reply to me with a huge NOOOO this is Sarcasm)

No, seriously, i agree and disagree with this.

If you accurately predicted the good outcome, then how is the bad outcome still a problem? You're acting like you can only buy mounts with crowns as of now. You may not be able to buy your way to Transcendent, but what's available in the Crown Shop now makes getting there a lot easier. If that's not the next best (or worst in this case) thing, I don't what is.

....What? I did not understand a Word you said, LOL, anyways, i was joking.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
natenkate wrote:
Crafting is supposed to get more and more challenging. If it is worth having, earn it. Work for it. I like the balance of easy and not so easy. Keeps it from getting too boring. So sorry if not making the entire game pivot on instant gratification bums you out, but not everyone wants the easy way out.

Which is why both options should be available, not just having to either craft everything or spend a fortune on Hoard Packs.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Does no one realize darkcloyd (and I) want the option to buy crafted items with crowns? It's not a matter of abolishing crafting (I will admit I like doing it occasionally when I have the time); it's a matter of making the game more convenient for everyone, not just people with a great deal of free time on their hands.

Defender
Jan 25, 2012
harrywho142 wrote:
That would not work because some wizards who want to craft something might not have crowns

those without crowns can still craft. the crowns way would be an option not a must.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
just no. im working hard for the celestial observatory and i dont want all the work to be wasted. if you want stuff, you gotta EARN it

Survivor
May 14, 2011
Nothing is more fun than crafting for me personally ,
:-D i love making unique furniture for my homes, :D

but i can see how some people can get bored getting all the stuff,
like those reagents that are too rare to find so you have to make them out of other reagents ... very annoying ...

but if you need something simple like ore, i know tons of good spawn points,
my favorites are in dragonspyre anthemum, and in the dark cave connecting firecat alley and cyclops lane in wizard city.

Just change your realm to the least populated realm, then collect all the reagents you find, then just change your realm again and there will be more reagents to collect. Do this a couple times, and you'll learn the regular spawn points so you can save time

Beware of other collecters
i've noticed that a lot of other reagent collecters hang out in the least populated realms too, this can be really annoying when they clean out the realm or just run ahead and steal that stoneblock or mushroom you were trying to get.

This bothers me
so what i do, is either change to realms like scarecrow, pixe, lincoln, that are in the middle of the list, that people usually just pass by, they are usually filled with reagents too 8)

hope this helps
-Crafting Guru 8)

Defender
Jan 25, 2012
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Does no one realize darkcloyd (and I) want the option to buy crafted items with crowns? It's not a matter of abolishing crafting (I will admit I like doing it occasionally when I have the time); it's a matter of making the game more convenient for everyone, not just people with a great deal of free time on their hands.

finally someone is actually listening and not seeming to have browsed my post quickly and responded without reading it..

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
marolin23 wrote:
just no. im working hard for the celestial observatory and i dont want all the work to be wasted. if you want stuff, you gotta EARN it

I earn my money. Why can't I spend it on whatever I want in the game?

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
marolin23 wrote:

I earn my money. Why can't I spend it on whatever I want in the game?

Um... Last time I checked, working in real life and working in game are 2 completely different things...

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
I don't think that this would be a good idea because of experience.

Afer spending hundreds of thousands of gold on hatching and raising my Ice Hound pet JUST for the card, and I'm proud to say that. But when the Mega Bundle hat came out, I felt cheated. Why should I have spent weeks raising my pet for a card when I could just buy a card that gives it ???

In the same way, I've spent thousands of gold and hours on crafting. If somebody were to just buy that with crowns, I would also feel cheated, even if it was just an option. However, to all those people who really don't have enough time to craft, this might be a good option. But.... I still think there would be a LOT of complaint threads if this idea were taken into action.

So, just like raising a pet or a garden, getting through it with real money has its advantages and disadvantages, but overall I think this debatable idea would prove to be unsuccessful.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
So to sum it up, you just want to take the easy route and tell people who spent time doing crafting that all their effort is worthless? Not going to happen. Sorry but if you want good items you have to work for them (*gasp* *shock* *appal*).

Gasp! Work!
Head for the hills!
Duck for cover!

He he he...
Now even if you work for the money in the first place, think about it this way. People currently spend many hours of effort to get cool stuff through crafting. If you make it so you can just buy the stuff for Crowns, then they just wasted hours of their life for something they could have just bought. How is that fair? And what about people who aren't allowed to buy crowns like me? So they have to put in hours of effort to get stuff that kids with more money can get for a couple of bucks? How is that fair?

Now I'm totally excepting of crowns, but I say Crowns should not give someone something that others could spend weeks getting.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Ronster55 wrote:
Um... Last time I checked, working in real life and working in game are 2 completely different things...

Last time I checked, you didn't specify. By the way, exactly how is camping in the Bazaar for several hours, slowly acquiring the reagents needed to craft something, and using an in-game machine to bring them all together earning it or working hard?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Randomperson16 wrote:
....What? I did not understand a Word you said, LOL, anyways, i was joking.

*facepalm* What didn't you understand? What's there to not understand?