Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

school reality

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 03, 2012
ok so i am a lvl 61 pyromancer so i have seen many spells
I have a complaint why can death use poison and skeletal dragon
why can ice use frostbite and snow angel
why can myth use basilisk.
all dot's
why can't fire use double hits
why can't fire use accurate but not to strong spells like ice
why can't fire use health drains like death
why can fire heal themselves with fire spells
why can balance heal
why can't the other school heal except for life
i am not saying life can't use attack or death can't use hit attacks like skeletal pirate but why outside the schools priority
i have never seen fire do a double hit or health drain
kings isle needs to fix this
you want a better heal train in school of life and get satyr

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
That's just the way the schools are. Each school has its strengths and weaknesses. Sometimes strengths overlap (for example, Fire's strength is supposed to be its DoT spells; however, Ice and now Myth have ownable non-mutation spells that are DoTs), but for the most part they're pretty exclusive to their school. I don't see why this is a complaint or why KI should consider changing things.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
cjball2018 wrote:
all dot's
why can balance heal
i am not saying life can't use attack or death can't use hit attacks like skeletal pirate but why outside the schools priority

You've played long enough to know that each school has it's specialty.

And you're wrong on a lot of points. If you train Life as your secondary school, you CAN heal.

Everyone can heal themselves; we are given pixie at the beginning and Fire has two healing spells (okay the early one is minimal, but you life stats are higher than anyone except Storm) which also cause damage.

And why not have Balance heal? What is the issue there?

And this literally made me laugh: "why can't fire use accurate but not to strong spells like ice" Ice does not have stronger spells than Fire. It's that simple.

KI has nothing to fix. You have to learn the nuances of your school. If you're not happy with Fire, start a new wizard. I've had wizards in all schools and all have their good and poor points.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Seriously?..

The reason Life is the only school that can heal well (And I'm using Life as an example to answer your complaints), is because that's the only thing that makes life important. If fire could heal, leech, double hit, and do DOT, it would be completely over-powered. If every school could do everything, what's the point of schools? If all that were to happen, it'd be best to just have a list of spells for you to pick instead of joining a school.

What your asking for is a game that is quite a bit different from Wizard101.

- Austin the Life Wizard

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
cjball2018 wrote:
all dot's
why can balance heal

I really don't get the question....or rant....

because you can get all the spells either by learning them or gold cards....

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
dragonpower333 wrote:
cjball2018 wrote:
all dot's
why can balance heal

I really don't get the question....or rant....

because you can get all the spells either by learning them or gold cards....

Ditto!!!

Explorer
Jan 03, 2012
RavenLady777 wrote:
cjball2018 wrote:
all dot's
why can balance heal

You've played long enough to know that each school has it's specialty.

And you're wrong on a lot of points. If you train Life as your secondary school, you CAN heal.

Everyone can heal themselves; we are given pixie at the beginning and Fire has two healing spells (okay the early one is minimal, but you life stats are higher than anyone except Storm) which also cause damage.

And why not have Balance heal? What is the issue there?

And this literally made me laugh: "why can't fire use accurate but not to strong spells like ice" Ice does not have stronger spells than Fire. It's that simple.

KI has nothing to fix. You have to learn the nuances of your school. If you're not happy with Fire, start a new wizard. I've had wizards in all schools and all have their good and poor points.

About the ice
They use dots so why can't fire use their type of attack
And whoever said something about mutations I'm talking about the real spells from their schools

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
Actually Balance, Fire, Life, Death, and maybe more can heal. Balance has Helping Hands, Fire has Link, Death has drains, and Life has Life healing spells.

Also, every single School has something special about it.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
cjball2018 wrote:
all dot's
why can balance heal

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Power Link both a drain spell AND a DoT?

I'm a level 70 Balance wizard. I can heal, amongst other things, because that's what Balance does- it's a support school that is most effective in group play... I can keep myself alive solo or, if there's no Life wizard in my group, I can do the same job, just as effectively.

That said, Balance:

... can't stun.
... doesn't have a DoT or an aura (I don't count Power Play- it's useless).
...blades and traps are usable by and boost less than all other schools.
...is comprised almost entirely of shields and blades that can be nixed in one go by a Myth enemy (in both PvE and PvP) with Earthquake.

-

Giving any school all of these, combined with what you listed, would make it severely overpowered and the game would no longer be fun. I've played all 7 schools, and each has a specialty/quirks that make it unique- it's up to you to figure out which one best suits your play-style.

L.S.
transcended sorceress

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
I play a fire and i have to say i love it by far one of the best wizards i ever played i don't like the new lvl 68 spell i tihnk it out right stinks but so what i still one hit 20K plus bosses so nothing to yell about :)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
vonawesome1 wrote:

No; Link and Power Link just attack the target and heal the caster. The attack and heal in drain spells are directly related; drain spells sap health from the target and heal the caster.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
vonawesome1 wrote:
cjball2018 wrote:
all dot's
why can balance heal

I'm a level 70 Balance wizard. I can heal, amongst other things, because that's what Balance does- it's a support school that is most effective in group play... I can keep myself alive solo or, if there's no Life wizard in my group, I can do the same job, just as effectively.

That said, Balance:

... can't stun.
... doesn't have a DoT or an aura (I don't count Power Play- it's useless).
...blades and traps are usable by and boost less than all other schools.
...is comprised almost entirely of shields and blades that can be nixed in one go by a Myth enemy (in both PvE and PvP) with Earthquake.

-

Giving any school all of these, combined with what you listed, would make it severely overpowered and the game would no longer be fun. I've played all 7 schools, and each has a specialty/quirks that make it unique- it's up to you to figure out which one best suits your play-style.

L.S.
transcended sorceress

Vonawesome1, You are correct on all counts.

Cjball2018, I'm not really sure what you are getting at with this post, but Here is my reply.

As for Death using poison and skeletal dragon, Ice using frostbite, and snow angel, and Myth using basilisk, they are all DoT's that drain health over time. Fire also has Fire dragon and Fire elf that are DoTs. Why is this a problem?

Why can't fire use double hits? Have you ever seen a fire in real life do a double hit on whatever it is burning? NO, once the fire is started it is a continuous burn.

Why can't fire use accurrate, but not to strong spells like Ice? This really makes no sense. But Fire can use accurrate just the same as any school and that will also depend on any accurracy you have from your gear. If you have none from gear and the Ice wizard does, you won't get the same amount or anywhere near it and it will also depend on the spell it is applied to.

Why can't fire use health drains like death? HMMMM, Fire has link and power link, both of which are drains with some heal returned to the caster.

Why can't fire heal themselves with fire spells? Fire does not heal in real life so why should it here. That is where link and power link come in or fire can use the Pixie for 2 pips they are given in Unicorn way.

Why can balance heal? Balance is ALL schools. They are given healing hands( 3 pips) during their normal course of training and later get Availing hands (4 pips). Neither of these spells are a one hit spell, they heal over time.

Why can't the other school heal except for life? Balance and Death are the only other schools that can heal another player. Death has to sacrifice some of their own health to do so. Neither school has the same abilities to heal the way life does.

As for life using attacks, most don't go outside their school of focus with out a mastery amulet. It really isn't practical to use a spell that will take most or all of their pips to do that plus Life can do some heavy damage with their own attack spells. If death uses skeletal pirate, that spell is NOT outside their main school of focus.

Fire does not need a double hit or another health drain. I have a lvl 62 Pyro and don't have a problem with the way she is. Fire does not work the same way a storm or Ice storm does. Once fire burns you in real life that is it. There is nothing left to burn. A storm or ice storm can hit you and turn around and hit you again, and again, and again and this does happen in real life.

So NO, there is nothing here that KI needs to fix.

You said it your self in your last statement. "You want a better heal, train life to satyr". You can also get satyr as a TC along with a couple of other heals.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I don't use Helping Hands. It's really worthless. Availing hands might actually make it into my deck, but I doubt that. Anyways, this is because all schools have advantages and disadvantages. If all the schools were the same then the game would be pretty boring.

On the other hand, if Fire had all the things you mentioned then Fire would be extremely overpowered, and people would complain.

That and doesn't Link give health? Plus Power Link? And it does damage over a period of time?

Fire is good how it is. Maybe you should try a different school, this one might not fit your playing style the best.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2012
eggywig wrote:
I don't use Helping Hands. It's really worthless. Availing hands might actually make it into my deck, but I doubt that. Anyways, this is because all schools have advantages and disadvantages. If all the schools were the same then the game would be pretty boring.

On the other hand, if Fire had all the things you mentioned then Fire would be extremely overpowered, and people would complain.

That and doesn't Link give health? Plus Power Link? And it does damage over a period of time?

Fire is good how it is. Maybe you should try a different school, this one might not fit your playing style the best.

i love the fire school its just why do all the other schools copy it i mean fire copies no school and power link is just worthless when i just got link ingot at max 2 copies in my deck i mean just pixie cuz chances are you have more than 2 pips than sunbird if want to get higher damage and better heals

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
does he or she even understand the game their playing. it isn't a one class do all game... what would be the point in different schools if they were all basically the same.