Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

About Storm school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 18, 2011
I have couple questions;
-why storm school have, lot more hit point gears then all other schools
-why storm school have, lot of strong multiple hit spells then other schools
-why storm school, so special on kingsisle, what is it????
why, why, why storm unfair powerful then all other schools????

Tempest, Storm Lord, Siren. those 3 spells already have high hit then other schools without adding anything.

I play Myth and Life and I like to try all other schools too, except STORM SCHOOL. Why not Storm? because it is unfair strong. Nooo way!

-Some player says storm has low health. but they don't say they hit too powerful 2500 health they call low.

-Well if storm can critical hit 3200 with 2 power pip, i call this no fair and there is only one charm(blade). to get that number on other school we have to get couple charm(blade) and trap.

-I have only one friend with storm school, because i know person longer but i don't play much with him, mostly we do chat with other friends. without him there is no storm school player in my friends list. if i see them i don't help either. because they don't let me enjoy on this game. third round all enemy dead. :S just for that reason not need any storm partner on battle.

-I see most people have storm polymorph for only using tempest. I don't see they use any different spells because tempest is good enough to kill enemy with couple power pip.(on polymorph users not storm school users)

-If there is possible to do something, I like to say make storm school maximum health 1000 so they can learn to use some shield. Or lower their powerful hit gears, just little bit stronger then fire.

-what I believe, that tempest must be totally erase from storm school and erase from storm polymorph.

I just want to play little bit longer wizard101 with fun.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2012
I agree, and disagree.

Storm is many bad things and many good things.

Bad;

-Lowest accuracy of 70%
-Lowest health
-Can't heal
-Little defence

Good;

-Better accuracy than LIFE. Once you level up and get Waterworks gear, you have more accuracy than life. (90%)
-Can heal. Every school can heal, with a life mastery amulet. You'll be using rebirth, satyr, pixie, dryad and sprite everywhere. (Some by treasure cards)
-Massive damage. Once you get up to level FIVE you can already do around 200 damage.
-Huge critical rating. Oh, look he criticaled me with triton, oop, I died!
-Tons of defence...

All of the bad things of the school have turned into the good things. I think we need to take all of the schools back to their roots. Storm should have bad accuracy, low health and defence and high damage.

Storm is overpowered. :|

Defender
May 31, 2011
Storm wizards' strong hitting spells are balanced by low percentage cast success (in other words, lots of fizzles, i know I have a storm wizard in Mushoo) and lower health. Stock up on those storm shields and the hits you get are nothing and you can really take advantage of those fizzles and low health.

Each school has it strong points and weak points. The longer I play the more I see that they all balance out pretty well.

My first and legendary wizard is Myth and I really do not feel I am at a disadvantage against storm or any other school. I know how the take advantage of my strong points and minimize my weak ones. I am sure the longer I play with her the more I will learn.

Sorry, but I do not agree with storm being overpowered.

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
Are you okay? This is really unfair, many schools have over time damage spells which are actually better they do more damage than any one hit storm spells.

Our damage spell can be easily block with shields because we don't have any over time damage spells.

People have complain so much about Storm, that actually our gear has been nerfed down with less damage and health.

Just because you don't like that school, doesn't mean you have to complain about everything.

Many school are improving on damage and health and they are now acquiring spells with higher damage than storm.

Storm wizards should be the ones complaining about their Nerf.

The game isn't all about PvP...

Storm "supposedly" have the strongest spells... Do we?

Come one every school now can have up to 80% or more damage...

So what you complaining about?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
mainciye wrote:
I have couple questions;

I have a couple of questions too.

-why storm have least amount of health and accuracy of all schools?

-Why storm have the least amount of resistance and critical block?

-Why this Op hatin on storm? What is it????

why, why, why storm unfair health and accuracy then all other schools????

Tempest, Storm Lord, Siren. those 3 spells already have high hit then other schools without adding anything.

Storm has lowest health, almost 1000 less health than other schools.
Storm has 70% accuracy to start with. Storm has lowest resistance in game and lowest critical block.

I play Myth and Life and I like to try all other schools too, except STORM SCHOOL. Why not Storm? because it is unfair strong. Nooo way!

I play all 7 schools, including Storm. Why storm, because it is fun and challenging to play. It is a personal choice on which schools suit each individual. Not sure what you have against storm, but you should check the facts before you whine about another school that you know nothing about.

-Some player says storm has low health. but they don't say they hit too powerful 2500 health they call low.

Compared to Fire and Myth at 3300, Death at 3500, Balance and Life at 3800 and Ice over 4200. Yes, I would say 2500 is low. There is a mathematical equation to make an equalibrium.
(Meaning balancing the schools).

-Well if storm can critical hit 3200 with 2 power pip, i call this no fair and there is only one charm(blade). to get that number on other school we have to get couple charm(blade) and trap.

This is either a complaint about Wild Bolt or Insane Bolt. Both are complaints for PvP. Which is where this post belongs.

Wildbolt, also has a chance to hit 10 and 100 for 2 pips, far below every other schools 2 pips attack.
Insane Bolt has a chance to backfire and take out the caster.

-I have only one friend with storm school, because i know person longer but i don't play much with him, mostly we do chat with other friends. without him there is no storm school player in my friends list. if i see them i don't help either. because they don't let me enjoy on this game. third round all enemy dead. :S just for that reason not need any storm partner on battle.

That is your choice, fine, so why are you posting a complaint about your personal choice and opinion?

-I see most people have storm polymorph for only using tempest. I don't see they use any different spells because tempest is good enough to kill enemy with couple power pip.(on polymorph users not storm school users)

Are you jealous? Is that why you are posting this? Sounds like you are jealous...

-If there is possible to do something, I like to say make storm school maximum health 1000 so they can learn to use some shield. Or lower their powerful hit gears, just little bit stronger then fire.

You don't play storm, so, if this is not a PvP complaint, why do you care? You are complaining because you don't like to shield in PvP and you lose to storm. That much is obvious.

-what I believe, that tempest must be totally erase from storm school and erase from storm polymorph.

What I believe, is you are a little kid that wants to cry, whine, and complain because you lost to storm. Your whole post has no merit or any proof that storm is overpowered or favored by KI.

If you can't handle PvP, don't pvp. Wizards is perfectly fine without your complaints and whines. Have a cookie and play some light bright, maybe you will feel better.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Seriously? Another bash on Diviners. Unless you have a storm wizard then please don't bash on us. 1000 max health? Are you crazy? We will last a total of 2 turns max vsing bosses. Most bosses start with 8 pips. Most creatures I vs now start off with 8 pips. Yes we farm for WW gear for accuracy. You complain because we want to battle to be over quickly? We only have 2,400 health so battles to us must be over quickly. Why do we have high base damage? We were born with high base damage since the game began. Are we over powered? No. We have medium critical and low block and low resist. We do the most damage quickly. Our school gets nerfed quite often. what about Ice having 5,000 health with 70% resist?

anyways there is no point to argue. Diviners are not favored. We deal with bashings all day because we have high base damage which we've always had.Im sorry you hate us.

Ps tempest has been a spell since 08. Meteor, and tempest were the first HAO's in the game.

Jeffery LionCaller

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
i know people might be thinking, "what are you saying slime24?" but, i shall explain. storm needs these strong hits and fast attacks, because they have very low health points which means if they are not careful, they could get defeated quickly. they need these spells and strong attacks in order to finish off their enemies quickly, before they themselves are finished off quickly by their enemies.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
Ahem, let me explain to you something. Storm in around 08, 09 was the KING of all schools. I as a measly fire wizard (Before it got deleted for who knows what reason) was scared of their power even when I was an magus. A small little level 28 storm could knock you out in a few rounds. Now, let us fast foward to 2011, 2012. First in Celestia, they lost wild bolt's reliability, since so many people were complaining that it did too much damage (What did you expect from a storm? an attack that fires glitter?) and KI nerfed it. However, they got leviathan which was like saying: Hey high leveled wizards, here is an apology for nerfing your wild bolt, and they still regained some power. Then wintertusk came in and gave them insane bolt (fitting name ) with a chance to kill them. Now that maybe retured the power of storm for a cost. Then Zafaria came, and they got really bad craftable gear, and everybody was excited for the level 68 storm spell, So KI gave the almighty powerful school sirens. Even as a myth, I said to myself: Storm is losing tons of power, but why? Then they nerfed sirens, and I felt really bad since storm was now a school with the power that death has, but lower health and defences. Now lets talk ice, who were so buffed over the updates, that they got STRONGER THAN STORM! You heard me right! ice got a better spell than storm, and so storm was starting to be the school of uselessness. I mean no offence to storm wizards, but storm is getting downhill, and you insist on nerfing it! Storm wizards need a spell more powerful than any school and it might regain its reign of mighty king. You can rant about how powerful storm is, but it was made to destroy fast and quickly. So before you go saying that storm is overpowered, go look at ice and then come back to ranting at storm.
David ShadowWalker, Magus Myth level 35.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2011
In pvp, I played maybe 50 total winning and loosing and, I lost maybe one or two against storm. I got treasure card shields that storm school player cannot kill me in pvp maybe 5 percent chance they have against my life school in fight. I have no problem in pvp match. I only lost lot against to myth school players and I don't say anything about myth or other schools.

I like all schools spells that doesn't mean i should play that school. I see them in every battle. If you read my first message well, you will see that i don't blame any other schools. because i don't see any unfair situation on all other schools.

Storm school players who answer on first message, I have no problem to fight in pvp against storm. Everyone in first start has no accuracy. that's why they sell accuracy spells at bazaar so you can use that against fizzle problem. so that storm has low accuracy because fizzle lot is mean nothing.

some of you saying loosing in many boss battles! who doesn't lost in boss fight? most of us lost in boss fight too, that everyone has same situation on that, not only storm. so don't take that is only belongs to storm.

I don't care what you gonna call me, kid, adult, crying. that is yours imagine, its not me at all

I wrote all those in game situation. we are in battle against enemies and all my words are against all those, not in pvp fight.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Darthjt!! Terrible....

As for a loyal storm fan, there are lots of things that I am proud of having. Especially of some things that you mentioned. As for all the cons that storm wizards have, mentioned by the others, I think it makes up for all the good things.

Mainciye, I think you need to play storm. :)
Go make a storm wizard and play it. You'll love it, despite it being against your belief. You'll also find out how frustrating storm can be.

I played storm for just that reason. I thought they were overpowered. I hated them. But then after I played a storm, I loved them!

Now.... This was about how overpowered storm is, no? Or did I misunderstand?

Survivor
May 31, 2011
Storm can have all the power in the Spiral. They still don't compare to the Death school. At any rate, he may have a point, as the game progresses, Storm is getting slightly more accuracy and critical points through the gear, which IMO is contrary to the original profile of the school: Massive damage, low heal and accuracy and health. I think KI MAY be trying to "round out" the schools, which I believe, would be a mistake!! The uniqeness of each school is, what makes them special. We shall see.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Why is it that everytime someone says something bad about storm, someone else has to bring the ice school into this :( I mean, yes the guy who made this forum is obviously jealous of storm, but why do people have to attack ice?? He probably isn't even an ice wizard. :?

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
mainciye wrote:
I have couple questions;

Easy storm has strong spells BUT .... low Health and they fizzle more then others ( sometimes it don't seem it but they do ) every school has it's ups and downs, we all can not have our cake and eat it too.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2011
mainciye wrote:
I have couple questions;

if you think it is too good why dont you be storm

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Why is it that everyone complain about storm? Either our own classmates are power hungry and wants to be better than everyone, or players complain about how all mighty we are without even looking at our our stats and to top it off i bet most of them dont even have a storm wizard and if they do he/she is probably not even that full lvl. Thats all i have to say now have a good day.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2011
All schools are great on their skills. I am not saying storm is too good. I am saying storm is no fair so strong. I just want to share all my questions and my ideas with you all. I believe everyone over enjoying with wizard101. Have fun to you all.

sincerely,
Mainciye.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
the damage and crit numbers storm get are necessary to their survival. I have a level 70 storm wiz in level 55 celestia crafted gear and only have around 2200 health. The high damage is what keeps storm wiz alive they cant withstand as much punishments as other classes. Its totally fair I play balance too in WW gear and have 70 something damage and around 178 critical. Sounds ok to me.. My storm is around same in crit and only around 10-12 more damage points.
So whats the big deal in a few points.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2011
well that 1000 health on storm you don't like it, but you like to hit 3000 or more with critical wild bolt or 2 power pip tempest? :) can you tell me where is fair?

another thing is, this one hilarious, when I fight against storm in pvp I use treasure card shield and I bloke most attack from storm, and they call me noob. noob!? lol why Kingsisle has treasure card for? and what is wrong to protect yourself against enemy attack?

some says storm has no round hit spell. yeah right life doesn't have round hit either, I am not complain for that. because my all question was why storm is unfair strong, not that other stuff.

there is only school in 1v1 pvp that i cannot win is balance school. "Balance" school. so storm player don't think you players are better then others. look i have no complain about any other school then storm. I enjoy lost and win against all schools its for fun and everyone has their good tactics to win or bad tactics to loose. and written this again I never win one single game against balance and i am not complain that.

before waterworks gear if you don't have good accuracy you can use accuracy treasure cards by getting from bazaar. don't keep yourself saying storm has low accuracy that fizzle lot.

subject looks changing so here again,

Why storm school unfair strong with all gear and spells?

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
Well just to let you know with a crit in my balance I get a 4k ra. And I've got a totally buffed crit judgement to hit 34k.. So don't tell me no other class can do good damage. Quit whining because you don't like the damage your school puts out make another wizard.. Balance doesn't have a dot spell either so quit whining... Darthj help me out.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
mainciye wrote:
well that 1000 health on storm you don't like it, but you like to hit 3000 or more with critical wild bolt or 2 power pip tempest? :) can you tell me where is fair?

another thing is, this one hilarious, when I fight against storm in pvp I use treasure card shield and I bloke most attack from storm, and they call me noob. noob!? lol why Kingsisle has treasure card for? and what is wrong to protect yourself against enemy attack?

some says storm has no round hit spell. yeah right life doesn't have round hit either, I am not complain for that. because my all question was why storm is unfair strong, not that other stuff.

there is only school in 1v1 pvp that i cannot win is balance school. "Balance" school. so storm player don't think you players are better then others. look i have no complain about any other school then storm. I enjoy lost and win against all schools its for fun and everyone has their good tactics to win or bad tactics to loose. and written this again I never win one single game against balance and i am not complain that.

before waterworks gear if you don't have good accuracy you can use accuracy treasure cards by getting from bazaar. don't keep yourself saying storm has low accuracy that fizzle lot.

subject looks changing so here again,

Why storm school unfair strong with all gear and spells?

Ok, if you want to know why storm is unfair strong, it's because they were build that way and that damage balances their health, resist, heal boost, and block. When talking about a school's power, you can't leave out the other stats, because they are the ones who determine the school's power.

Explorer
Dec 28, 2010
OK first of dont you dare diss my school i just beat Avalon and all i have is 2768 health and 92 damage and 161 critical OK know compare that to ice they know get over 500o health points they can get 84 resist on storm also so your dissing my school because we have high damage wow our school was made to have high HITS! and it you take that away what are you left with storm deserves to have the best hits its only fair

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
mainciye wrote:
I have couple questions;

I have both Life and Storm Archmages, and I say both are strong. In my travels up to Avalon, Storm really reign supreme damage wise and it does benefit from the Avalon crafted gears but it did have deaths during its journey while my Life mage went through Avalon without even a single death.

Toughness is measured in different ways in this game and most have been said already but i think both are strong in their own way.

Its true, playing Life beside a storm wizard is pitiful especially if you are an offensive Life wizard like i am. But I am more than happy to finish battles quickly with a storm placing a huge hit than waiting for my 8 pips for my Forest Lord to hit. Not that its weak but tempest is there and strong if handled well so why not use it and minimize deaths and making my work as a healer so much easier too?

I guess enjoying the game is different for you. but team work still is the best course to take in this game. I can play strong and proud as Storm delivering devastating hits one after the other but I can do the same with a heavy handed Forest Lord or a life saving heal with Rebirth. In the end, I enjoy the game both ways.

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
The only part I agree with is that they have too high accuaracy, damage boost, and critical. I think we can all skip that but stom started out with.... Ok, we know that. What the problem is that the gear is overpowered. Though storm used to have 70% accuracy - how much can they get now with celestia + equipment? A lot. And poor other schools (like Balance) are stuck ok accuracy but without any good equipment to boost.

So, one I am not bashing the storm school -just the equipment.
Ciao

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
I have to say, Storm is supposed to be the most powerful of all schools. That is around its sole purpose.

Besides that we have low health, bad accuracy and to top it off, lots of Storm bosses. Even Storm wizards have downsides. Try to remember that.

Explorer
Dec 28, 2010
ok i have been killed so many times in pvp on my storm i hate it its time to give us more health we need it
we cant live and fight boss that have 14000 cause we only got like 2700
not right ins o many ways