Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Advice?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
Last week my character became a Transcended Pyromancer, and I decided to begin to take PvP a little more seriously, by duelling and going up the ranks. I found doing it on this character a little tricky for a beginner like me, so I decided to make a new character. (I already had a second character, but didn't really like him, so I made a third.) This character is Myth, and is currently level 11. Her name is Olivia GoldenHeart. I made sure her name didn't give away her school, as I know this isn't good in PvP (e.g. A storm being Seth Storm - the name of my second character, actually!)I would like some advice on PvP. I know that there are certain spells people will often get for PvP, things like tower shields, infection, etc. I currently have 3 training points; and was asking which spells would be best to get for a lower-level myth. Also, what are some good techniques for PvP?
Thanks! :-)
Amber LegendBlade
Level 70
Transcended Pyromancer
Seth Storm
Level 10 (almost 11)
Novice Diviner
Olivia GoldenHeart
Level 11 (almost 12)
Novice Conjourer

Survivor
Oct 29, 2010
Well i am a level 63 fire wizard and I have experienced a lot of pvp. I suggest you get the tower shield. If you get certain school shields you would have to find out which too use. Also in pvp you need to try to attack as fast as possible. If you let him/her use shields, you need to carry weak spells that attack over rounds. For fire stuff like links or fire elfs, I suggest the power link. Also pet training is important. Lots of wizards have epic or ancient pets that will heal them tons of times, like mine :D . Myth i don't really know what to say but i do suggest medusa as your main spell to use in pvp. Lots of damage and stun for 2 rounds. Hope I helped.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
pedro921 wrote:
Well i am a level 63 fire wizard and I have experienced a lot of pvp. I suggest you get the tower shield. If you get certain school shields you would have to find out which too use. Also in pvp you need to try to attack as fast as possible. If you let him/her use shields, you need to carry weak spells that attack over rounds. For fire stuff like links or fire elfs, I suggest the power link. Also pet training is important. Lots of wizards have epic or ancient pets that will heal them tons of times, like mine :D . Myth i don't really know what to say but i do suggest medusa as your main spell to use in pvp. Lots of damage and stun for 2 rounds. Hope I helped.

Thanks, that's really helpful! The thing is, to get Tower Shield you need to get all the ice stuff before it; which I don't really want. Is there a faster way to get it? Also, are there any other things to get with training points that would be helpful? Thanks! :D

Survivor
Oct 29, 2010
Well if you want tower shield and want to be good at pvp you should do the quests that give training points. Then use the training points from the quests and put that towards tower shield. Then use the ones you get by leveling up towards stuff that will be helpful in pvp. Yes there are other spells that are helpful in pvp like, the spell that gives 20+ critical. Sorry i do not remember the name of it but that spell can be found in a dungeon in celestia. Also never use a polymorph in pvp unless it is the gobbler with lots of health or the life tree. Also dispels, they are one point each but your school dispel is free. The dispels school is a secret school in the ice boulevard place. I don't want to tell where there but good luck finding it. Dispels are very important in pvp, they even work on healing spells. I hope I helped you!

Michael Moonstone level 64 Fire wizard

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
On your Myth I highly reccomend starting PvP at level 35 because by then you should have all the basic spells you need. The spells you need to train are Ice up Tower Shield, Balance up to Weakness, Spirit Blades, Reshuffle, Infection, and Life up to Sprite. Allow me to explain the purpose all the spells you will be using. *= Must Have

*Myth Blade: Main Boosts

*Minotaur: This spell should be you main work bull, your main attack.

*Humongofrog: This spell is you minion killer. Also keep some enchanted ones(With Monsterus) in your sidedeck ready for some challenging minions.

*Time of Legend: Now, Myth's spells aren't the strongest, so you need a good bubble to give you some more Myth punch and to keep other school bubbles down. I also reccomend putting in some treasure 45% Time of Legend in your sideboard.

*Cyclops Minion: Now this is one of Myth's best minions, better known as an offensive minion. Now minions are there to do some extra damage, break shields, and to annoy and distract your opponnet.

Cyclops: Best to have some in your deck when your opponnet is within defeat by a Cyclops.

*Shatter: Now Shatter is pretty sweet. Breaks all the shields on yor opponnet and keeps on the negative charms and wards on your opponnet. Just to use when your opponnet has stacked way to many shields to break through or to start of a combo.

*Tower Shield: Now you need this spell or else you have no defense against a full pip Judgement unless you stack Weaknesses.

*Volcanic Shield: You get this while training in Ice up to Tower. Now this shield is to protect you against the more damaging elemental schools: Fire and Storm. Not only is Volcanic good against Fire and Storm it works well against Balance. Now if you spam enough Volcanic's against a Balance It makes the use of Hydra and Spectral Blast pointless. Only one of the three Hydra heads will do good damage and only the Ice damage works when your opponnet Spectrals.

*Infection: Now when you won't be able to do enough damage or your opponnet has high health, spam Infections to keep the healing recovery slow.

*Reshuffle: Now matches can last forever so you need this spell to keep you going or you lose by running out of spells or by discarding like crazy.

*Spirit Blade: You need more punch

*Weakness: Now to me, I see this spell as a defense against DOT spells (Damage Over Time). Now a shield will protect from a turn of damage, but a eWeakness will reduce the damage of all three turns. Even better when you stack these, and Weakness is an excellent defense against a full pip Heck Hound.

*Sprite: Now you need this spell to take off the Infections, and Life Dispels off of you.

*Pixie: Your main heal.

Now if you can't get certain spells listed above try to get the treasure card version.

Now not only do you need the right spells for your Myth but you need the right gear. The best gear for a Myth for PvP at a magus level is the commander gear. The entire set is a cost of 2,300 tickets equilivent to 158 straight wins. The hat costs 700 tickets(50 wins), the robe costs 1,000 tickets(72 wins), the boots cost 500 tickets(36 wins).

Also you need the right pet. Any of the following talents below will do:

Spritely, Pierce Train, May Cast Myth Blade, Pain-Giver, Myth Giver, Spell-Proof, and Spell-Defy.

Note that feeding you pet snacks that improve strength and agility will increase your chance of getting Damage and Resistence talents. Increased Will means greater chance of getting "May Cast" talents.

I hope this Myth guide to magus PvP helped Magico2579.

Jason StrongHeart-Conjurer. See ya in the arena!

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
pedro921 wrote:

Pedro921, I wouldn't say Medusa is the main Myth spell in PvP. That would be Basalisk, and Orthrus. The reason why is because Medusa stuns for two rounds but then leaves two stun shields making the rest of her stuns useless and then the Medusa is only 770 base damage. For that reason, I would only carry two Medusa's in PvP

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Before I begin I'll tell you that I have an overlord lvl 12 myth, the reason I went to lvl 12 being that myth receives their school blade at this lvl and it is very important to low level development as you will be fighting people three or four times your level.

You should have four training points so go get the smiths, the training point quest from Zeke (found in commons).

Fighting at level 12 is going to produce some challenges for you and you'll have to realize cyclops will be your highest hit card. You have to spend your training points defensively in your main deck and use aggressive cards In your side. Bottom line is you have to be able to take a little punishment with low health and also bring down people with three times your health.

How I spent my four points

Ice to volcanic shield: (storm fire combo shields) this will help against the most powerful attackers per pip and save you time and time again.

Myth shield:(free in fairgrounds) this is a no brainer, you will meet allot of myth on your journey so be prepared, they will be some of your toughest fight

Infection: you'll have to port to a friend in front of the death school to get this one, Mortis the death tree sells the spell for one training point and it is another great spell for low (all my characters train it no matter what the circumstance)

Good luck and if you need any more help just let me know :)

Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
Thanks to all of you, all that advice has been incredibly helpful. I really appreciate a lot of the explanations that have gone into these replies! My Myth is now level 15, and has 5 (or maybe 6) training points. Using all the advice given, I will think carefully about the spells I choose!
Thanks so so much!
Amber LegendBlade
Level 70
Transcended Pyromancer

Seth Storm
Level 10 (almost 11)
Novice Diviner

Olivia GoldenHeart
Level 11 (almost 12)
Novice Conjourer

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
I am a Level 41 Death and I suggest you should make your deck like this: 3 myth blades, 2 myth traps, 3 cyclopes, 2 trolls, 2 minions of a living puppet (unless your doing 4v4), and as many shields as you like. I don't know what other kinds of spells a level 12 myth has, but, hope this works out!

~Emily IceBlood Level 41 Death
~Jennifer LifePetal Level 10 life
~Ashley HawkEyes Level 11 (almost 12) Balance

Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
Well, once I was fighting this Myth guy in PVP(surprisingly very well matched up, he had up to Medusa, I had up to Forest Lord). He had all of these charms and stuff that were gonna boost up his spells. I was about to kill him, and I thought I was winning. And then suddenly he played Medusa, and I was dead. So I guess that works pretty well.