Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Did i get lucky in waterworks?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 20, 2010
QueQueg wrote:
It's possible to get all that stuff in one outing.

Recently, I got three WW ice robes in one shot, a mastery amulet, the pig costume feet, a whole bunch of worthless gear for other schools, and a ton of mega snacks and reagents.

Other times, I've gotten almost nothing.

Woah! 3 ice robes??? Lol I need a legendary ice robe, if I can't get it. I might just look at the bazaar for a waterworks ice robe. Idk.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
what do you mean by "not do the cheats" ?
what cheats you mean?

Survivor
May 18, 2012
I was wondering, i really need life mastery amulet and i only got balance mastery amulet about what is the average for most wizards to get the life amulet

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
You can get a Mastery Badge? Thanks so much for telling me that! Oh and by the way, I have no idea what the answer to your question is!

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I have probably made a dozen or two runs through WW. I have gotten a Balance Mastery Amulet as a drop.
I think that you will be making hundreds of runs to get a life amulet.
It is random from everything I have read, so you have the chance for an amulet times the chance of that amulet being a life amulet.
pods

Survivor
Sep 30, 2011
I'm not quite sure what you mean by the average, but I received a life mastery amulet from Sylster a couple of days ago.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
does the bazar sell WW gear? I want it so badly, but my luck is terrible i have tried the waterworks once, but recieved no gear... haven't checked the bazar though. Is it even possible to sell WW gear to the bazar? pls answer, cuz Nicholas Shadowforge (60) wants his gear

Explorer
Mar 06, 2010
JEFFandJANE on Jul 5, 2012 wrote:
i will agree with u but the part i quickly said FAKE. was when you said 5000
gold and 10 mega snacks the other i believe
I agree that I don't believe 10 mega snacks is possible, but i have gotten 2000-2500 gold in there plus gold from gear i sell could easily be 5000

Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
wow, those are incredible drops. I've gone through the waterworks three times, but only recieved the robe. I wish i had your luck...

Nicholas Shadowforge
Legendary Pyro

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
I cannot WAIT until i am level 60 for helephant and waterworks
(lvl 59)

Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
What the? How the heck did you get all that in one try?!? I had to do waterworks so many times before I got all the clothes. You are very lucky.

Survivor
May 30, 2010
Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
I got my gear except for the boots on one try. Is that ok for a first try?

Defender
May 03, 2009
A Lone Dorito on Apr 9, 2012 wrote:

I got a balance mastery amulet all my waterworks gear the baconator costume 10 mega pet snakes 5000 gold and other gear from cl did i get lucky?

I'm going to have to thank you on the advice what dungeon I will be farming until they get the new level out. :P
You are one lucky wizard! Use your prizes wisely :)
OH! What were the mega snacks you got!?

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer

Survivor
May 05, 2012
nicholasshadowforg... on Jan 28, 2013 wrote:
does the bazar sell WW gear? I want it so badly, but my luck is terrible i have tried the waterworks once, but recieved no gear... haven't checked the bazar though. Is it even possible to sell WW gear to the bazar? pls answer, cuz Nicholas Shadowforge (60) wants his gear
i have tried to get WW gear in the bazaar, but i couldn't find anything

Survivor
May 05, 2012

I got a balance mastery amulet all my waterworks gear the baconator costume 10 mega pet snakes 5000 gold and other gear from cl did i get lucky?

If that is true, that is the best drop i ever heard! I have done waterworks about ten times, and i still don't have my hat. I wish I had your luck.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
Yeah, ,IDK but for the rest of us that have done it nearly sixty times on my Balance wizard and only have gotten my HAT three Times! I had to go back after getting it the first time due to entering the bazaar while wearing it and a friend notifying me that my hat somehow disappeared off my head as we spoke! It literally ate it off my head! Contacted Wiz 101 and to this day no answer, same thing happened to my life mastery amulet and still no answer for that either!!! so... for those of us that see to have junk luck on the game.. that sucks for us.
As for you and your luck... Don't get me wrong, I am happy for you but the rest of us that go in over and over again and can't seem to get anything but pure garbage And I DO MEAN GARBAGE! Not even decent Items we can use (or MEGA snacks.).. it just seems unfair.

I have heard from so many that "It is just the luck of the draw"... well I say they need to figure out a system to distribute the items a bit more fairly and it is possible people!

Those of us who seem to have the WORST luck Getting items, whether it be gear, packs, drops, etc, have to deal with this unfairness on a regular basis

I literally can go into WW with a group and everyone around me gets items within the first three tries while I literally get junk........ time and time again.

So frustrated.
Frustrated they never reply to my reports too .

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
I think either you are lying or you mastered the ancient art of luck beyond comprehension . . . if that luck comes back to bite you (I hope it doesn't) then it will HURT.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
I have done WW over 100 times over 3 characters.
Every single time I have done it, I have never gotten more than 3 mega snacks the whole run, let alone 10.
I have never gotten all the gear and the baconator set at once.
The balance mastery amulet is possible, since the drops are random.

There is one thing that lets us know this is most likely not true.
Think about it, how logical is it for the game to drop all the ww gear and the baconator set at once.
How does KI win in this situation?

And 10 mega snacks. There are only about 10 mega snacks that drop from Luska and Sylster combined and there are 37 snacks possible to get acording to www.wizard101central.com. The chance that it will get all 10 mega snacks out of the possible 37 is extremely unlikely.
Also, when was the last time you got 10 snacks that were all mega snacks in WW?
On average in Waterworks I got 3 snacks per boss battle, good and bad ones.

So there is enough evidence from www.wizard101central.com to prove that this is most likely not true.

This is just my opinion on it.
I know a person that farmed WW 200 times to get the baconator set and to have you get all the WW gear and Baconator Set in one run is why I believe this is not true.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
You are so lucky I have done Waterworks 37 times and all I have gotten are some Firestarter Boots KI you better do something or I am just going to forget about Waterworks and ask for my money back.Plz make % of getting gear higher.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
Caballo203 on Jul 27, 2012 wrote:
I have been hearing alot of people say how hard it is to get gear drops in Waterworks. Yes, the good school gear can be difficult to get, but is well worth the effort. That being said, it's not as hard to get as people make it sound. The secret is to not do the cheats. When I was farming with my balance wizard to get all of the gear, I noticed that almost nobody got gear when we did the cheats. When I went with a group that just worked as a team and completed the whole, almost everyone got great drops. In fact, I got two mastery amulets (storm and fire,) and four complete sets of the judgement gear. Now that I'm about to go in with another of my wizards, I will ask the group first if they're going to do the cheats. I won't even enter with a group that is going to do cheats. I think Kingsisle purposely set the drop rate lower for people that don't want to work as hard to get it. Also, I have heard (but cannot confirm) that if anyone grabs the pearl by the door, it lowers the drop rate also.
I have never cheated and I still don't get it!

Defender
Jun 22, 2011

Can I have some luck? x jumps for the post, trying to grab it x

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Waterworks Warrior on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
I have never cheated and I still don't get it!
The drops are randomized. All the stories you hear about not collecting reagents, don't do the cheats, etc are anecdotal. Nothing you can do will increase your drop rates.
Just because someone worked the dungeon a certain way and got what they wanted does not mean that their behavior caused the outcome.
Correlation does not equal causality.