Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Did i get lucky in waterworks?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2011

I got a balance mastery amulet all my waterworks gear the baconator costume 10 mega pet snakes 5000 gold and other gear from cl did i get lucky?

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
thats the best drop i've ever heard of. are you sure you got all that in one try?
or did you get that in multiple tries. i've never got any gear, and i usually only get two or three mega snacks.
so yes, you got lucky.
jason thundersword, lvl 68 thaumaturge.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
Defender
Nov 05, 2011
fett555 wrote:
yep one try
:D

Woah! One try! Most people have to do waterworks several times for their gear alone! Now you are one lucky wizard!

Jasmine icebringer
Legendary sorceress

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
lucky? thats not lucky! thats insanely impossibly lucky! , congrates dude! it took me about six tries to get my gear, and i've gotten like 5 mega pet snacks so far. By any chance can you rain some luck down us less lucky wizards?

Defender
May 15, 2010
fett555 wrote:

I got a balance mastery amulet all my waterworks gear the baconator costume 10 mega pet snakes 5000 gold and other gear from cl did i get lucky?

The Waterworks are advanced. Lots of bosses in there drop rare items. No, it's not a coincidence or a bug. The Waterworks is just that awesome. 8)

Fear is a weakness, and thus, should be treated. All persons should strive to face their fears with courage, and with justice of their beliefs.

- Valkoor Skullspear, Master of Death

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I'd like your luck. My fire character has been in 15 times to get my hat and nada. I'm getting very irritated actually. No one should have to do that dungeon 15 times to get gear.

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
not to be mean but that's a lie.NO one can get all 3 waterworks clothing a
mastery amulet 10 mega snacks,maybe all together but no one can get that
all together not even in solo

Survivor
Nov 07, 2008
Defender
May 15, 2010
noe99664 wrote:
They can.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
It's possible to get all that stuff in one outing.

Recently, I got three WW ice robes in one shot, a mastery amulet, the pig costume feet, a whole bunch of worthless gear for other schools, and a ton of mega snacks and reagents.

Other times, I've gotten almost nothing.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2011
you lucky duck The best drop i got was royal sofa, dark sprite, shadowsift wings and 500 gold

Eric SwiftPyre lvl 39 pyromancer 8)

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
if your having trouble getting some gear try to be the one to give the last hit to sylster glowstorm or luska charmbreak

if you don't try more than once then you will never have fun or get what you need.
the length, endurance, and strength can be endured with the best of friends skill and just a pinch of luck

Ronan Darkshade
lvl. 72 Transcendent Necromancer
To all a good time in the spiral!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
noe99664 wrote:

I would tend to agree with you. Luck certainly can lead to good drops. I felt lucky on the two runs my wife and I made. We each got our boots, mine on the first run, my wife on the second. I also got a rank 8 snack I think, and other (not WW) gear too.
But to say you got 10 mega snacks, when they dropped the drop rate to me tells me this was an embellishment to be kind.
We did it only the two of us (both death) so if the drops were going to be multiplied (they aren't) we should have gotten more.
I would say you could get all your gear in one run (has happened), but the 10 mega snacks is the giveaway.
Especially since I have read of lowered drop rates for WW gear and especially snacks. I think before both Sylster and Luska each used to drop a mega, but now it is just a chance of one.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Is that even possible? Baconator AND all of your waterworks set? The only part I dont believe is the 5000 gold part as drops, wiki verified that is impossible, unless you sold the gear that is. :P

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
I don't mean to be mean,

but I highly doubt this. It took me several tries on ,y level 70 balance and I still don't have the gear. :?

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Its possible for the gear it only took me two tries on my death and I also got an ice mastery amulet.

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
i will agree with u but the part i quickly said FAKE. was when you said 5000
gold and 10 mega snacks the other i believe

Survivor
Nov 06, 2008
:-o wow! That must have been the best drop I have ever heard of :O

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
All that in one try?!!?! Oh my gosh...Your insanely lucky to get all that! O. o

Jasmine FireBlade lvl 77 pyromancer
Jessica SparkleGem lvl 70 thaumaturge (Idk if she is getting past 70, lol)

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010

I must admit I find that extremely difficult to believe that you could get all that in one dungeon in one instance. But, that said, I guess it could, in a very rare instance, be possible, considering the drops are randomized. I suppose it would be like winning a national Lottery or something - extremely extremely rare.

I myself have received combinations of very good drops, and have achieved more than one level 60 gear with a school amulet during one instance; however, I still have yet to receive a mega snack drop.

You are one lucky wizard if you got all that in one instance; or you are exaggerating. I would like to see a K.I. staff member reply on this one.

Destiny

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
This is not real. Lets all stop talking about it. First off, you said you got 10 mega pet snacks. Thats not possible, in any circumstances no matter how lucky you are. Luska only drops at max i have ever heard, 2 mega snacks. Its impossible to get more then 3 (i think, correct me if i am wrong and you have a link or something to prove it) From luska. Then you had to get 7 or more from syslter. That seems highly unlikely seeing how in my 100's of times i have done waterworks, i get at max 4 mega snacks for the whole dungeon.

Now, the balance mastery is all to possible to get. In my once again 100's of times at waterworks, i got one mastery amulet, and thats a myth mastery. However i know it is possible to get the mastery amulet of any school from luska or sylster.

Not to MENTION that you ALSO got your full complete waterworks set. It is possible, but i am 99.9% sure you are making this up, mainly because you get it all on your first try, i mean thats just not right.

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
I have been hearing alot of people say how hard it is to get gear drops in Waterworks. Yes, the good school gear can be difficult to get, but is well worth the effort. That being said, it's not as hard to get as people make it sound. The secret is to not do the cheats. When I was farming with my balance wizard to get all of the gear, I noticed that almost nobody got gear when we did the cheats. When I went with a group that just worked as a team and completed the whole, almost everyone got great drops. In fact, I got two mastery amulets (storm and fire,) and four complete sets of the judgement gear. Now that I'm about to go in with another of my wizards, I will ask the group first if they're going to do the cheats. I won't even enter with a group that is going to do cheats. I think Kingsisle purposely set the drop rate lower for people that don't want to work as hard to get it. Also, I have heard (but cannot confirm) that if anyone grabs the pearl by the door, it lowers the drop rate also.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
noe99664 wrote:

I agree, this has to be a lie.