Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Donate pips.

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 29, 2011
Ok, powerplay is enough, a balance shield has been brought up, but no one has concerns on the spell donate pips? It does not benefit the wizard at all! When my balance minion uses donate pips on himself on my balance wizard, it just makes no sense. It only benifits the wizards helper and not him himself. It needs to be moved from 3 pips for 2 pips to 3 pips for 3 pips. ( to be honest, i dont like the idea of the spell at all ) Why was balance givin a useless spell? Should schools be givin spells that only support others? This is why balance looks like a support school. Why am i doing solo with balance if it wasnt meant to? ( i'm doing fine with solo ) This spell is worse then power play.( i use power play in pvp actually ) Out of all the spells to use in wizard101 on yourself, this has to be the worst. Donate pips just isnt a good spell.( besides the fact of using it on someone else which a spells purpose should not be to do)
KI, please make this 3 for 3 and not 3 for 2 at least!

Treasure card version, 3 for 4

Blake sky lvl 70 balance wizard
mycin legenddreamer 70 myth
jason dreamgiver 70 death. ( i am completely fine with spells that support others such as bladestorm, legion shield ect.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
mkt3 wrote:
Ok, powerplay is enough, a balance shield has been brought up, but no one has concerns on the spell donate pips?....Why was balance givin a useless spell?....Out of all the spells to use in wizard101 on yourself, this has to be the worst. Donate pips just isnt a good spell.( besides the fact of using it on someone else which a spells purpose should not be to do)

First, Donate Pips is not a useless spell. I use it consistently in group play (especially when grouped with Storm Wizards). This spell in combo with Empowerment works great. Casting this spell on a teammate prior to their "X" spell will always reap extra benefits for the team. If you are using this spell on yourself, you are using it incorrectly and is not a programming, but rather user error.

mkt3 wrote:
It does not benefit the wizard at all! Should schools be givin spells that only support others? This is why balance looks like a support school. Why am i doing solo with balance if it wasnt meant to? ( i'm doing fine with solo ) ....besides the fact of using it on someone else which a spells purpose should not be to do)

Not all spells are suppose to benefit only the casting wizard. Look at Life Wizards, Unicorn and Rebirth are sub par spells for healing themeselves, but in a group situation, they are the best. Maybe you choose the wrong school to play, but the following quote was taken directly from the Wizard101 school description:

"The Balance School will train its student wizards to be effective in group play. Balance Wizards are most effective in group play because they have the ability to buff other players as well as themselves. Although effective in group-play, they can still sufficiently play alone. They have a little bit of everything, which allows them to surpass most monster resistances, heal themselves a little bit, and buff players.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/balance-school

mkt3 wrote:
It needs to be moved from 3 pips for 2 pips to 3 pips for 3 pips. KI, please make this 3 for 3 and not 3 for 2 at least! Treasure card version, 3 for 4

Some item card versions already have 3 for 3.

mkt3 wrote:
When my balance minion uses donate pips on himself on my balance wizard, it just makes no sense. It only benifits the wizards helper and not him himself.

This is the one part of your post I agree with (if it is occurring). The Mander minion should not be casting Donate Pips on itself. It should always be casted on the Balance wizard or another player/minion/henchmen.

Defender
May 29, 2011
kingurz wrote:
mkt3 wrote:
Ok, powerplay is enough, a balance shield has been brought up, but no one has concerns on the spell donate pips?....Why was balance givin a useless spell?....Out of all the spells to use in wizard101 on yourself, this has to be the worst. Donate pips just isnt a good spell.( besides the fact of using it on someone else which a spells purpose should not be to do)

First, Donate Pips is not a useless spell. I use it consistently in group play (especially when grouped with Storm Wizards). This spell in combo with Empowerment works great. Casting this spell on a teammate prior to their "X" spell will always reap extra benefits for the team. If you are using this spell on yourself, you are using it incorrectly and is not a programming, but rather user error.

mkt3 wrote:
It does not benefit the wizard at all! Should schools be givin spells that only support others? This is why balance looks like a support school. Why am i doing solo with balance if it wasnt meant to? ( i'm doing fine with solo ) ....besides the fact of using it on someone else which a spells purpose should not be to do)

Not all spells are suppose to benefit only the casting wizard. Look at Life Wizards, Unicorn and Rebirth are sub par spells for healing themeselves, but in a group situation, they are the best. Maybe you choose the wrong school to play, but the following quote was taken directly from the Wizard101 school description:

"The Balance School will train its student wizards to be effective in group play. Balance Wizards are most effective in group play because they have the ability to buff other players as well as themselves. Although effective in group-play, they can still sufficiently play alone. They have a little bit of everything, which allows them to surpass most monster resistances, heal themselves a little bit, and buff players.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/balance-school

mkt3 wrote:
It needs to be moved from 3 pips for 2 pips to 3 pips for 3 pips. KI, please make this 3 for 3 and not 3 for 2 at least! Treasure card version, 3 for 4

Some item card versions already have 3 for 3.

mkt3 wrote:
When my balance minion uses donate pips on himself on my balance wizard, it just makes no sense. It only benifits the wizards helper and not him himself.

This is the one part of your post I agree with (if it is occurring). The Mander minion should not be casting Donate Pips on itself. It should always be casted on the Balance wizard or another player/minion/henchmen.

Well, i dont totally agree. First, i meant to say donate pips is a useless spell to yourself, i never said it was useless in group play. I dont think a school should be giving a spell only to be used on others. At the end of my post i stated i am ok with spells that effect you and teammates such as bladestorm, legion shield, rebirth, unicorn ect. Te 3 for 3 pips is the treasure card right now not the actual one. Donate pips isnt completely useless, but it is useless on the caster, a school should not be given a spell that would not help them in a alone situation the least bit.

To me, the balance schools specialty should be a little bit of everything, not helping others. Every school needs to be able to do things on there own, and every other spell can do that besides this one.

I never said the spell was completely useless, just saying it needs to be changed to where it isnt ONLY for others.