Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wanted: Balance Tips

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
I am a level 56 sorcerer and I cannot win a PvP match for my life. Amazingly, of my fifty some matches that have been an epic fail, I was able to hover around 440 for PvP ranking. I feel I am in desperate need of some tips. Any gear, strategies, or pet talents that could give me the edge in battle?

Grace Dragonwhisper
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
I am a level 30 sorcerer and trying to become a general. try using fizzle spells and go for 2v2 with a life wizard partner if possible. Also try to get a spell deck with a good sideboard and use a amulet with a spell that isn't in your secondary school either. If you use crowns buy a helephant and you will win against storm wizards. Also have 4 hydra cards if possible. Hope this helps! :)

Haley Angleblade: lvl 30

Survivor
Mar 27, 2011
To be quick- Don't always go for that 14 pip judge. Try and sneak a couple spectral blasts and hydras in there.
Level 70 Sorcerer

Survivor
Apr 02, 2011
What he said, in 1v1 never use judge unless you got nothing else. if you dont have chimera, hydra is good. also use your low level spells, i am transcended and i use locust a lot. Sun spells are also very useful, if you can get gargantuan(225) or colossal(275), that will boost a lot of your attacks. and use your charms to your advantage (weakness etc.) And pack a fair amount of each shield, plus tower tc or actual spell.

-Michael Dragonrider 70 Sorcerer Veteran 8)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Never rush into ranked pvp, you'll just end up losing. Try doing practice until you're sure that you're good enough to start ranked. No one can tell anyone how to exactly play, so you won't be getting any good results. Every wizard has to find their own way to mastering their school, right?

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
Never rush into ranked pvp, you'll just end up losing. Try doing practice until you're sure that you're good enough to start ranked. No one can tell anyone how to exactly play, so you won't be getting any good results. Every wizard has to find their own way to mastering their school, right?

List to joujou11cool, he knows what he talking about.
Let me say this, set up your deck and play Practice like he said. You will know what cards you need after the match, the ones you wanted and didn't have in the battle.
Add them, do another match, and see what you needed or didn't need.
Adjust the deck and then go in again, adjust, another battle, and repeat until you win 4 of every 5 matches. Why did I say a number that high, because Ranked is much harder than Practice.

My brother Fred says he will help you, if you need someone to practice with.

Joe.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
I am only level 37 balance and don't do much pvp but ill try to help. First, if you do 1v1 use a well bladed hydra and if you do group battles use all enemy attacks like sandstorm. Plus there are the level 50 Celestia sun and star spells that power up your spells. Lastly, i advise not using judgment in pvp as people are a lot smarter than programs. Because by the time you get all your pips they will defeat you.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Dopamine1416 wrote:
I am a level 56 sorcerer and I cannot win a PvP match for my life. Amazingly, of my fifty some matches that have been an epic fail, I was able to hover around 440 for PvP ranking. I feel I am in desperate need of some tips. Any gear, strategies, or pet talents that could give me the edge in battle?

Grace Dragonwhisper
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Dopamine1416,

I would also suggest that you also go to Mooshu and learn the new 5 pip spell that you can win from the Boss there. It took me about 40 tries to get it, but it is more than worth it for Balance. It will change your entire game, and give you a real advantage, in pvp (over the spells you have now).

Once you get the new spell, and have used it in about 20 pvp practice matches, you need to start looking for turning points. Why did you lose that match, that you expected to win. Recording your match is easy to do, and you will see the match differently when watching it. Now you can analyze what you did, and see the problems or mistakes you made.

It can really help, and I think that it really helps you see mistakes that you can't pick up in the match. I normally do about 2 to 4 frames per second.
There are lots of free downloadable Screen Recorders that are easy to use. I use my recorder on Windows 7, it's free and very easy to use.

Just something to think about.
Joe.