Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Undo Discard option

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Ok, I know that I can discard a card in my hand by left-clicking it. I decided to go to bare minimum on my deck setup so that I can get the cards I want pretty easily, but still find I occasionally have to discard if I want to get the cards I need. Recently, I accidentally discarded the WRONG card, which left me unable to finish the battle with the cards I had. Is there a way to undo a discard on the turn that it happens, aside from the Reshuffle card (which I have now stocked my sideboard with)?

If there isn't, I believe that there should be.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
I agree that it would be nice to be able to immediately undo a discard. The only real advantage to be gained from this is undoing misclicks, and perhaps undoing a mistake if you immediately realize it. Perhaps show a discarded card as moving out of your hand (say, up half a card length), but you can click it again to insert it back into your hand. A discard wouldn't be permanent until you either play a card, draw a treasure card, or let time expire for the round.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
As far as I know there is no way to undo a discard, unless you use reshuffle.

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
Try keeping a reshuffle card in your hand. It will reshuffle the discarded cards back into your hand. I always keep one in every deck.

Free to all I think at the Collosus trainer.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Cynical wrote:
Try keeping a reshuffle card in your hand. It will reshuffle the discarded cards back into your hand. I always keep one in every deck.

Reshuffle is a Balance spell, so it costs 1 training point for most. It also costs 4 pips when cast.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
I am well aware of the reshuffle card and have since put some copies into my deck. But, I think that there should be an option to undo a discard made before selecting a card to be played. There's a number of things that can cause a person to accidentally discard a wrong card, I don't think having to use another card with a pip cost to undo it is fair.

I could understand if a person discards a card and then a few turns later wishes they hadn't done so being unable to undo it, but a person who sneezes or gets bumped on the arm when discarding and accidentally clicks the wrong card should be able to do something to undo it before they make their move. Even something as simple as pressing "U" immediately after would work.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
MikeStrath wrote:
Reshuffle is a Balance spell, so it costs 1 training point for most. It also costs 4 pips when cast.

Exactly. Reshuffle definitely has its uses; but it's a pretty expensive and awkward way to correct for a critical but mistakenly discarded spell.

I don't know about everybody else here, but for me the discard mechanics can be a little bit touchy, and as a result it can actually be quite easy to accidentally get rid of a card you really want. I don't think it would have an undue effect on gameplay if there were a method in place to recover a discarded spell, so long as no spells were cast interstitially.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
If the solution to accidentally discarding is to reshuffle, then what do you do if you accidentally discarded the reshuffle card?

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
MikeStrath wrote:
Cynical wrote:

I wondered where all my pips went!

And yes I went today on my fire wizard and had to use a training point; well worth it in some battles.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Quizzical wrote:
If the solution to accidentally discarding is to reshuffle, then what do you do if you accidentally discarded the reshuffle card?

That's why I made sure all the Reshuffle cards in my deck are Treasure Cards :P

Well, the other reason is so I don't have extra cards to get put in the discard category during the duel. The whole reason I run into problems is the way my deck is setup. I pretty much have enough cards to get me through a battle, but no more than that. Leaves little to no room for mistakes, so I like the treasure card backup compared to the regular one. After all, gold is easier to get than a Training Point.

Still, I don't like having to pay so much for my mistakes. (Not necessarily the gold so much as a mix of gold, pips, and mana)