Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

opponent gets another turn after losing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
What the heck is going on in pvp? I just beat a guy in a duel. Head spinning, 0 health and yet the duel continues. He gets another turn and beats me with a Hydra. This is not the first time this has happened either. What is going on? It's hard enough, at level 56 to win against an opponent when they have warlord gear and have leveled down their wizard. Is this normal? Does pvp just randomly give extra turns to the loser? I'm a little ticked since i lost 20 points. It will take me three duels to get that back. thanks a lot KingsIsle.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
This Is a pvp glitch. I'm not sure if kingsisle is aware of this yet but what you described is happening to quite a few people in arena
nludian wrote:
What the heck is going on in pvp? I just beat a guy in a duel. Head spinning, 0 health and yet the duel continues. He gets another turn and beats me with a Hydra. This is not the first time this has happened either. What is going on? It's hard enough, at level 56 to win against an opponent when they have warlord gear and have leveled down their wizard. Is this normal? Does pvp just randomly give extra turns to the loser? I'm a little ticked since i lost 20 points. It will take me three duels to get that back. thanks a lot KingsIsle.

Defender
May 29, 2011
nludian wrote:

The truth is, if you hit some one exactly to 0 health they live, its happened to me before and i won my match because of that. :D

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
nludian wrote:

Nludian,

I have been seeing some strange things in PvP lately, and something really has changed. I am seeing my Ice, with a huge Critical Block number, get hit with critical after critical. I am seeing my Balance and Death go critical and then go critical again, when they never did before. I have been getting hit with three criticals in a row, it's strange.
Plus, just like you say, I have killed an opponent, and had him beaten, and he still can get a spell off. I have killed minions, but the minion stays half sunk in the ground and is alive. Plus I can't wand hit the minion, because the program thinks he already dead. Just strange stuff, it's like the program is broken or something.

Joe.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
Happened to me too! Beat the person twice in the same match, then I could only fizzle until he charged back up, at which point he finally took me out!
It seemed as if a cheat was applyed (if that is possible). This has happened several times and now and I'm catching on, but still have no solution to over come this except to do another match and move on. :?