Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What does "threat on target" mean?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
Hello,I was looking at my spells and saw one or two said things like reduce or increase threat on target. What does threat mean?

Your fellow wizard,Chris Hexcaster balance wizard

Survivor
May 21, 2011
I see these things too and have no idea what they mean, sorry, didn't really help you much there.
Sydney Mistcatcher
Level 54 Fire

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
I'm sure there will be multiple replies to this post - but here's what I can tell you from my understanding.

Whan a wizard attacks or heals (including pets that cast unicorn) and that number (in damage dealt or healing given) is higher than another wizard's cast spell, than it generates threat on the enemy, i.e. it peaks their interest and you become a target.

Reduce threat would mean that the number from the spell you cast is reduced for the enemy - it doesn't mean you do less damage or healing, it will just appear this way to the enemy.

EXAMPLE:

Wizard 1 casts unicorn and heals 375 health in each wizard

Wizard 2 casts tower shield

Wizard 3 casts storm blade

Wizard 4 passes

-Wizard 1 has generated a higher number than all the other wizards and will, therefore, increase threat on the enemy, even though they did not attack.

Hope this helps!

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Hmm, i think i know,

Example:

Say the Enemy was Targetting the First Wizard, the other Wizard would use Reduce Threat on Target on the Enemy, then the Enemy would be less threated by the First Wizard and probably will Target another Player.

If the Second Wizard used Increase Threat on Target, then the Enemy will probably be more Threatened by the First Wizard,

This i just what i thought, tho. Sorry if i am wrong.

Calamity Orgeblossom Level 46 Theurgist

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
OK thanks guys that really helped.:)

Chris Hexcaster level 35 Magus balance Mooshu
Chris Iceflame level 2 Novice ice wizard city

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
I wondered what this meant for years-- I finally figured out what it meant when I got Snow Angel.

If you increase your threat, or 'taunt' them, it makes the monster more likely to attack you, as a grumpy person would if you provoked them. In the same way, if you complimented the grupy person, or reduced your threat, they would be less likely to 'want' to attack you. So if your friend is almost dead and they're only attacking them, you can use a taunt card to make them attack you instead, giving your friend a chance to heal, or vice versa if you're the one nearly dead.

Hope this was right. I'm still not sure.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
O: it makes sense now i have had the same question for ages now thx! :D

Survivor
Mar 13, 2012
well reduce threat means it doesn't hurt you that much . for example. A wizard your battling uses reduce threat on you then your spells are weaker to the enemy. like he uses the spell reduce threat on you then you use storm shark witch takes 375 away it will not take that mutch it will take about 245 or 275 got that okay hope i am rite and you understand and if i am not rite its ok so cya wizards oh btw by the way i am a lvl 30 fire wiz named cameron thunderflame ok :D hope you enjoy :) cya